1.5.3 Re-Activation

Cobra847

Hmm... I updated, I cleaned the registry with the reg-file, started the beta, activated and all is fine so far.

Then I fired up the alpha version. Huh??? Now I can't get into the cockpit of the Mig21.

Did a repair and still no go.

Before I bork another activation, any suggestions?

Do not use the 1.5.3 BETA - use 1.5.3 Stable.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

One question. Are you guys still using the Beta Client instead of the updated stable Client with 1.5.3 as I would assume from your postings?

Well, the shortcut in start menu say "OpenBeta" - the only installed there - when the game open is show: 1.5.3.50487 -don't know if this are beta or not. :D

Were's I get this stable client 1.5.3?

Ty.

Chiming in. Each time there's an update, I have to use an activation.

This only occurs on this module.

My solution is to uninstall the MiG-21 before I use up all the activations.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, the shortcut in start menu say "OpenBeta" - the only installed there - when the game open is show: 1.5.3.50487 -don't know if this are beta or not. :D

Were's I get this stable client 1.5.3?

Ty.

Here you go. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

Using the Beta Client won't make sense until ED loads the next update...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see. So at the moment we can use either the 1.5.3 Stable or the 2.0.1 Alpha.

Because of the constant stream of updates on the 1.5.3 beta version (and the much slower stream of updates on the stable branch) I uninstalled the stable version from my SSD already quite a while ago to save space.

The only reason to install the stable version again would to be able to fly the mig 21 over the Kaukasus map. Everything else works flawlessly on the 1.5.3 beta version and can be combined with the 2.0.1 alpha version, meaning I can fly all other modules on both maps.

There may be feature parity between 1.5.3 at the moment but experience tells me this does not last long. So here's my question: when will the beta version of the mig21 support both maps?

Best regards,

Aufpassen!

I see. So at the moment we can use either the 1.5.3 Stable or the 2.0.1 Alpha.

Because of the constant stream of updates on the 1.5.3 beta version (and the much slower stream of updates on the stable branch) I uninstalled the stable version from my SSD already quite a while ago to save space.

The only reason to install the stable version again would to be able to fly the mig 21 over the Kaukasus map. Everything else works flawlessly on the 1.5.3 beta version and can be combined with the 2.0.1 alpha version, meaning I can fly all other modules on both maps.

There may be feature parity between 1.5.3 at the moment but experience tells me this does not last long. So here's my question: when will the beta version of the mig21 support both maps?

Best regards,

Aufpassen!

The MiG 21 is playable on both maps. There was a problem regarding the last beta patch, not more. Honestly it makes little sense at this time to stay on the 1.5.x beta. Since the first stable release of 1.5 the beta phases are very short (2-3 days this week) before the stable client is updated. Last but not least it will be the beta patches which burn your activations if something goes wrong.

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can use 1.5.3 Beta if you apply this hotfix:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2682609&postcount=28

Extract the files to dcs world open beta/mods/aircraft/mig-21bis/bin

Do not use the 1.5.3 BETA - use 1.5.3 Stable.

Delete the Beta version, as its not geting any more updates

Mig-21 - Mig 15 - Mi-8 - F-86 - FC3 - Ka-50 - CA - L39 - Hawk - M2K - NTTR - A10C - FW190 - L39 - F-5E - AJS 37 - Normandy - F/A-18C - Persian Gulf -

who says beta is done? Don't think you are right.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

now what's the bottom line?

no beta = no problem ?

I've burned 5 activations so far and it seems that I have to use 2 more since the 1.5.2 stable and 2.0 ask for activation again.

So I'm down to 3 ... from 10.

Then there is something wrong on your system. Since Friday the official stable client is 1.5.3 and not 1.5.2. After activating the Mig there everything should be working fine in 1.5.3 stable and 2.0.1 open Alpha. Without another update to the Beta Client from ED there is no need to use this client. There was no update on Friday to the beta Client which could still contain the files leading to continued activations.

As a future tip (I learned it this way too) you should always take a look in the according bug-forum whenever you are asked for an activation. In most cases you get a hint or a guide to prevent further trouble.

Edited by FSKRipper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Then there is something wrong on your system. Since Friday the official stable client is 1.5.3 and not 1.5.2. After activating the Mig there everything should be working fine in 1.5.3 stable and 2.0.1 open Alpha. Without another update to the Beta Client from ED there is no need to use this client. There was no update on Friday to the beta Client which could still contain the files leading to continued activations.

Thanks. I'm on 1.5.3 stable now and it works fine. But I've lost my ailerons in multiplayer-modus, means they don't work (both 1.5.3 and 2.0) Any idea?

Edit: wrong thread sorry!

Edited by denne

Chiming in. Each time there's an update, I have to use an activation.

This only occurs on this module.

My solution is to uninstall the MiG-21 before I use up all the activations.

This is my experience with Mig-21 too.

Ripper posts seem to suggest that somehow these loss of activations is our own fault. I have three installations on my computer, DCSW 1.5, DCSW 1.5 beta and DCSW 2 Alpha. Leatherneck and Ripper think we should not use or uninstall the beta because mig21 has issues, I suggest mig21 needs to clean up its coding I would like my 5 activations back too

Edited by Rocky49

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

This is my experience with Mig-21 too.

Ripper posts seem to suggest that somehow these loss of activations is our own fault. I have three installations on my computer, DCSW 1.5, DCSW 1.5 beta and DCSW 2 Alpha. Leatherneck and Ripper think we should not use or uninstall the beta because mig21 has issues, I suggest mig21 needs to clean up its coding I would like my 5 activations back too

I'm not saying that activation problems are your fault. I have lost two activations this week and got 2 back from LNS so no problem at all.

What I try to communicate is that many of us are using a beta client. This is something that is coupled with getting problems sooner or later, something many people don't think about when installing it. People that took part in tbe whole beta process since release know that there were always problems with the activation system. These problems were solved.

There is no problem with the code or anything else. This happened due to an error made by a human and Cobra apologized for it.

What I try to say is that when you take part in a beta test you should also have the time to check the forum to react early if some serious bugs sneaked into a version. In this case a short look even before you could download the 1.5.3 update would have you informed that there was a problem in activating the module. As said I also used two activations, knowingly because I wanted to test 1.5.3. If I'm encountering any showstopping bugs like this my first step is stopping all DCS activity and check the forums. There is simply no need to activate a module 5 times and watching the counts drop.

My advice for all you beta testers would be that you simply take a short look into a changelog or the according bug forum before you hit the uodate button. I'm no know-it-all. My intention behind this post is to save you from some of my experiences in the last years which included re-installations and hour-long re-assigning of keystrokes.

Edited by FSKRipper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ripper

the problem, this time is solved. My point is Leatherneck now has a history of activation issues that they need to address. You really should refrain from jumping in and defending them, let Leatherneck explain why these activation issues keep happening. The reason I used up 5 is because the problem spilled over into the other DCSW installations I have installed plus I lost 3 of the activations after the problem was "fixed" You are a Leatherneck FANBOY, I get that. Have a nice day:)

Edited by Rocky49

You really should refrain from jumping in and defending them, let Leatherneck explain why these activation issues keep happening. You are a Leatherneck FANBOY, I get that. Have a nice day:)

:doh:

You didn't get it but I have to accept it. So please try to read first next time you encounter problems that will save you from complaining and pain.

And why this happened, yeah believe him or not...

Dear All,

We made a mistake with our build machine and used an incorrectly set build profile for the 1.5.3 BETA binaries and branch.

It is suggested that you wait with re-activating your MiG-21 until the official 1.5.3 patch arrives on friday.

One activation will be added to all keys to compensate for this issue for those of you who do not wish to wait.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suggest you re-read the first post in this very thread.

FYI, this happened quite a few times to me (yes, I know, not very bright):

I started the beta just wanting to fly, oh wait an update, press OK. Updated, but then the games says activation needed. Oh sh*t, started NOT in Administrator mode. Wanting to stop the proces I press "cancel". Unfortunately that doesn't work: as soon as the program starts you can't stop the activation proces. The activation proggie goes on the internet anyway, activates, but it can't write to the registry. Another activation gone :(

I suggest you re-read the first post in this very thread.

Did read it carefully However as I have stated this is Not the first time this has happened. Mistakes can happen but when it continues to happen it is no longer acceptable. As I said, three of the reactivations came after you fixed the problem. No new activations received. I hardly ever fly you module because I only purchased to support new developers coming to DCSW. Perhaps I should just uninstall it and write it off as a bad investment.

Edited by Rocky49