Mirage 2000 Discussion (On Topic Only)

Hook47

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when you get fixed on your target and forget that he has a wingman.

12362798_921906794562626_4759821848226313937_o.jpg

12322967_921906831229289_921176135942305737_o.jpg

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Goddamn...is the radar operable in this condition?

No. I lost the radar and drag is increased as well.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I have to say that I really don't think it should be. Pics look fantastic, as always.

No. I lost the radar and drag is increased as well.

Right, obviously it shouldn't be. I was wondering if it is modeled in such a way.

Holy moly Zeus...I'm having a hard time focusing on finals this week already!

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

IL-78 for tanker variant :thumbup:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Ilyushin_Il-78MKI_(RK-3452).jpg

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yeah! That would be fantastic! Looks awesome!Ilyushin_Il-78MKI_%28RK-3452%29.jpg

Right now, the Russian one (IL-76?) and the S-3B Tanker

Of course, this is also great to hear :thumbup:

wikiped..._(RK-3452).jpg wikiped..._(RK-3452).jpg

Edited by Ganesh

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Changing the topic, allow me to present your best friend or your worst enemy: The G-Limiter:

G%20Limiter_zps6mylc97r.jpg

Sorry for the dark image, I promise a better one will be available on the manual.

What is the G-Limiter? Well, as its name implies, it limits the amount of gravitational forces that the aircraft can handle. It has two settings: A/A (default) and STORES. It is an essential part of the FBW system.

The A/A setting is self explanatory and is used for an air-to-air combat configuration. In this case the g forces limit is 9Gs. If you try to push the aircraft beyond that limit, the FBW will override you.

The STORES setting is for when you have heavy loads under the wings and fuselage, this could be bombs but also includes the large underwing fuel tanks. In this setting the g forces limit is 6Gs.

Why is it your best friend? Because it will keep the aircraft under its safe flight parameters, even during combat.

Why is it your worst enemy? Because a misconfiguration can be deadly. Flying with air to ground ordnance under the wings and with the G-Limiter in A/A can put you in a situation in which you will lose the wings due to overstress. The switch is there for a reason so do not forget setting it to its correct position.

• Like 2

Changing the topic, allow me to present your best friend or your worst enemy: The G-Limiter:

G%20Limiter_zps6mylc97r.jpg

Sorry for the dark image, I promise a better one will be available on the manual.

What is the G-Limiter? Well, as its name implies, it limits the amount of gravitational forces that the aircraft can handle. It has two settings: A/A (default) and STORES. It is an essential part of the FBW system.

The A/A setting is self explanatory and is used for an air-to-air combat configuration. In this case the g forces limit is 9Gs. If you try to push the aircraft beyond that limit, the FBW will override you.

The STORES setting is for when you have heavy loads under the wings and fuselage, this could be bombs but also includes the large underwing fuel tanks. In this setting the g forces limit is 6Gs.

Why is it your best friend? Because it will keep the aircraft under its safe flight parameters, even during combat.

Why is it your worst enemy? Because a misconfiguration can be deadly. Flying with air to ground ordnance under the wings and with the G-Limiter in A/A can put you in a situation in which you will lose the wings due to overstress. The switch is there for a reason so do not forget setting it to its correct position.

Awesome stuff Zeus! Really excited to hear you guys are pushing the manual with the aircraft. Other devs could learn from you guys!!! :thumbup:

Oh, is there an OFF setting for that limiter? For those feeling dangerous!!! Lol :)

Excellent images for the noseless M2000, thanks :) :)

= = = = =

Regarding the A/A-CHARGES (STORES) switch, I'll nitpick a bit (sorry): this switch does a bit more than simply setting the G limiter, in fact it's a FBW mode switch, and it also acts on the AoA limiter and roll speed limiter, as follows:

[TABLE] |A/A mode|CHARGES (STORES) mode

G limit | 8.5g (+/-0.5) on elastic stop | 5.5g (+/-0.5) on elastic stop

AoA limit | 29° (or 27° at very low speed ~100kt) | no "hard" limit, but aural warning if AoA > 20° (the pilot must respect this value by himself)

Roll speed limit | 270°/s | 150°/s and (more) reduced speed if current G is high[/TABLE]

The real M2000 has a first "elastic stop" at 80% of the stick course when you pull on the stick (you need to pull 10Kg to go there). Then if you REALLY pull it to max ("mechanical/hard stop") you can get a bit more performance (you have to pull 40kg to go to the mechanical stop and make the stick travel the last 20% of its backward course).

++

Az'

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

That is all correct and modeled as such :)

The only thing not incorporated is the 40kg pull allowing that extra emergency performance. We have figured out a slick way of introducing it as it is something that shouldn't be part of normal flight and it's hard to simulate the effect of having to pull back 40kg (which is a hell of a lot) on a desktop joystick.

We have thought of the following possiblities: 1. An emergency button/key that while pressed and at full stick deflection will engage the extra performance. 2. When pulled back all the way for some period of time it kicks in

Would love to hear thoughts on the issue.

Beyond that, everything Azrayen mentioned is how it operates currently.

I'm a fan of option both options actually.

Since many pulls are only very temporary, perhaps have it delay ~1 sec. from the time that the elastic limit has been reached.

But on the other hand, I love the ability to relax the FBW in the Su-27 with the flip of a switch.

Would it be possible to integrate both?

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

We have thought of the following possiblities: 1. An emergency button/key that while pressed and at full stick deflection will engage the extra performance. 2. When pulled back all the way for some period of time it kicks in

I'm not a big fan of the button, this would be very strange...

I like option 2, although I think should be the other way around too, release the maximum force after a set time (you can't keep those 40kgs forever ;)).

I'm not a big fan of the button, this would be very strange...

I like option 2, although I think should be the other way around too, release the maximum force after a set time (you can't keep those 40kgs forever ;)).

Agreed. After thinking more, I think that the timer is the way to go...in both ways, as PiedDroit says. Perhaps release after, say, five seconds?

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

That is all correct and modeled as such :)

The only thing not incorporated is the 40kg pull allowing that extra emergency performance. We have not figured out a slick way of introducing it as it is something that shouldn't be part of normal flight and it's hard to simulate the effect of having to pull back 40kg (which is a hell of a lot) on a desktop joystick.

Beyond that, everything Azrayen mentioned is how it operates currently.

I think if we could get a "Special Menu" check box for the automatic option, and a key binding we could use either way, that would be the best situation all around. That way there can be some options for both preferences.

The only thing not incorporated is the 40kg pull allowing that extra emergency performance. We have not figured out a slick way of introducing it as it is something that shouldn't be part of normal flight and it's hard to simulate the effect of having to pull back 40kg (which is a hell of a lot) on a desktop joystick.

ED supposedly does this with the Su-27, where the hard stops can be reached by holding down the wheelbrake button/key while inflight.

Agreed. After thinking more, I think that the timer is the way to go...in both ways, as PiedDroit says. Perhaps release after, say, five seconds?

After thinking too, maybe the max force (hard stop) should be engaged as soon as the stick is pulled to max deflection. And back to elastic force after a set time.

Here's my reasoning: If the pilot needs max input, he need it maybe NOW, and most likely he's able to pull the 40kg right away.

However he's not superman and after a set time, the stick goes back to elastic stop, until the pressure has been released on the stick (another threshold, close to neutral), allowing to repeat.

After thinking too, maybe the max force (hard stop) should be engaged as soon as the stick is pulled to max deflection. And back to elastic force after a set time.

Here's my reasoning: If the pilot needs max input, he need it maybe NOW, and most likely he's able to pull the 40kg right away.

However he's not superman and after a set time, the stick goes back to elastic stop, until the pressure has been released on the stick (another threshold, close to neutral), allowing to repeat.

I still believe there should be a slight delay (perhaps just 0.5 sec), as there will still be that "hard" stop at the elastic limit, and the pilot would need to again overcome the new mechanical reaction.

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations