[BUG] Iceman does not take-over control

toto601

The header says it all. When I switch to Jesters seat after takeoff and plane stabilising, Iceman should take-over control and level out the plane but he doesn't.

He also does not react to commands like level or heading change so the plane tends to turn to one side slightly and goes down.

The only commands Iceman accepts are speed changes.

I could imagine that this is related to the FFB joystick that I have in use (Logitech G940) because by nature it has no spring and not really a center position.

EDIT: Wrong title. Iceman does NOT take-over control

Sorry

Edited by IronMike
Wrong title

• 3 weeks later...

Just having this now.

First time I switched back, he did his job. Then I went forward to do some stuff myself and back again and he now only does the speed, but nothing else.

Using MS FFB2 here. Just mentioning because I know the AP doesn't work right with FFB sticks and I guess Iceman relies on that.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Same, using MS FFB.

Iceman won't take control if the FFB stick has a non-zero trim center.

The work around is to use the controls indicator (RCtrl+Enter) to center trim and stick before switching to the RIO seat (2)

Tested in DCS Open Beta 2.5.4.29585

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I can confirm this issue with another datapoint:

I have a SWFFB2 hooked up for use with the Huey, though I have FFB disabled in DCS since I use my Warthog for all others. I disabled all SWFFB2 axes for the F-14, took off, trimmed into a climb, then switched to the back seat. Iceman started a rolling dive and didn't pick up control until I give him a direct order using the wheel.