DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Until you're airborne you couldn't possibly know what the real stick forces are.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

when plane is stacionary stick and rudder are totaly loose so you will not encounter any forces on the stick. very often there are things mounted on airplane's control surfaces to restric movment while beeing parked outside.

im talking about planes from ww2

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

i would buy 70" one :)

but it think every power setting above 56'' was with water 65"is with water too

64-65" was with water only when using 130 octane. With 150 octane using water at 65" was optional but it did give a bit more power than not using water.

If we get 70" then we'll be using 150 fuel so 64" with water will be optional.

64-65" was with water only when using 130 octane. With 150 octane using water at 65" was optional but it did give a bit more power than not using water.

If we get 70" then we'll be using 150 fuel so 64" with water will be optional.

i read somewhere that 65" water was optional with 150 but if you go too hot on header temp it could be risky so beter with water :)

btw anyone know how big was water tank in p-47 and what water/fuel ratio was injected ?? ??

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Where are progress updates for this aircraft posted, how long ago was last progress update?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Where are progress updates for this aircraft posted, how long ago was last progress update?

last progress update beyond some screenshots ? very very long time

Where are the screenshots?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

i read somewhere that 65" water was optional with 150 but if you go too hot on header temp it could be risky so beter with water :)

btw anyone know how big was water tank in p-47 and what water/fuel ratio was injected ?? ??

Water tank was around 30 gallons which allowed around 15 min of water use.

Not sure on the ratio though.

The main benefit of using water at 65" (besides keeping cool) is for the power increase vs without water. You gain around 8-10 mph with water vs without iirc.

Of course, this only matter if they model 150 fuel. If they don't then we'll be using water at 64-65" anyways.

Tbh i would rather ED fix the planes they have released already ie DORA MW50, P51 CANT PUSH IT THROUGH THE GATE, 109 NEVER OVERHEATS before they release the P47. I want the P47 so bad but until those planes are fixed i have no confidence on the quality of Jug iam going to get. DCS is really dropping the ball on ww2 at the mo as i know people that want to fly it but wont because of petulant mistakes.

The last I checked, they both overheat and you can push the P-51 throttle through the gate. You can fly at least a good 20 minutes on WEP if you've got sufficient airflow through the radiators. EDIT: and see my sig too about all warbirds getting their cooling reworked.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Water tank was around 30 gallons which allowed around 15 min of water use.

Not sure on the ratio though.

The main benefit of using water at 65" (besides keeping cool) is for the power increase vs without water. You gain around 8-10 mph with water vs without iirc.

Of course, this only matter if they model 150 fuel. If they don't then we'll be using water at 64-65" anyways.

in link wich silver_dragon provided there is a p-47 cocpit screenshot and i can see 2 redlines at MP gage one is at 52 probably max allowed w/o water and second is 63.5 probably w water

water injection cools air/fule mixture but also increasing effective octane number for fuel so engine can run higher MP without knock risk

i am thinking about this water injection. was it pure water becouse up high is quite cold or was is water methanol mix but just called water for shorter name :P if was it pure water all system had to be heated not only tank but injector hoses too

Edited by grafspee

Where are the screenshots?

i checked forum when last p-47 screenshots were shown for us.

24/08/2018 i think this is last one about p-47

in link wich silver_dragon provided there is a p-47 cocpit screenshot and i can see 2 redlines at MP gage one is at 52 probably max allowed w/o water and second is 63.5 probably w water

water injection cools air/fule mixture but also increasing effective octane number for fuel so engine can run higher MP without knock risk

i am thinking about this water injection. was it pure water becouse up high is quite cold or was is water methanol mix but just called water for shorter name :P if was it pure water all system had to be heated not only tank but injector hoses too

52" is military power for the P-47.

64" is WEP

70" is WEP with 150 Octane fuel.

52" Never required water injection.

64" Only required water injection with 130 fuel. When using 150 octane water was optional.

70" Always required water injection and could only be used with 150 fuel.

It was a water methanol mix, it's just called water for short.

Tbh i would rather ED fix the planes they have released already ie DORA MW50, P51 CANT PUSH IT THROUGH THE GATE, 109 NEVER OVERHEATS before they release the P47. I want the P47 so bad but until those planes are fixed i have no confidence on the quality of Jug iam going to get. DCS is really dropping the ball on ww2 at the mo as i know people that want to fly it but wont because of petulant mistakes.

Completely agree Brigg.

I'm all for new moduels to flesh out the WW2 scene, but I'd far rather have the existing stuff fully complete and in a sensible condition first. There are other places to go for "loads of aircraft", DCS is supposed to be about depth and accuracy.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

52" is military power for the P-47.

64" is WEP

70" is WEP with 150 Octane fuel.

52" Never required water injection.

64" Only required water injection with 130 fuel. When using 150 octane water was optional.

70" Always required water injection and could only be used with 150 fuel.

It was a water methanol mix, it's just called water for short.

so based on screen shots provided by ED i assume that we are geting p-47 with 130 cotane fuel with max allowable MP 64" w water and 52" w/o

so based on screen shots provided by ED i assume that we are geting p-47 with 130 cotane fuel with max allowable MP 64" w water and 52" w/o

Mmmmmm.... I wouldn’t assume anything right now. Especially when you’re basing assumptions on two little red tick marks on a manifold pressure gauge.

The guys doing the “art” for gauge faces are more than likely just artists trying to replicate the photos they’ve been given and have no real aircraft knowledge. Once flight model data is coded in they’ll have to go in and change the graphics.

Also, just as a side note.... when the squadrons changed from 130 octane to 150 octane... they didn’t get a huge shipment of barrels full of 150 octane and a bunch of new manifold pressure gauges to compliment the new fuel... it would be up to the aircraft crew chiefs to go in and scratch off the old red marks that was previously painted on the gauge glass.... and paint the new red indicators for the higher octane fuel.

Also missing from the screenshot is a “witness mark.” There should be a white stripe painted on the gauge glass that also extends onto the metal lip of the gauge. It’s purpose was so a pilot (or crew chief) could look at it and determine if the glass on the gauge had vibrated askew. A single white line meant the gauge glass was set in place and the red lines were accurate. If the white line was broken into two lines it meant the glass had vibrated around and the red lines were not to be trusted.... kind of like torque stripe paint on nuts.

ANYWAYS..... I’m rambling... in short... I just think it’s too early to make guesses as to what we’ll get!

I wont purchase it unless its 150 Octane, they killed the P51D by putting it against a K4 and D9! Some where a village is missing its idiot.
Why, weren't those facing each other in WW2?

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

Why, weren't those facing each other in WW2?

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

they were but not 1vs 1 for sure mor like 100 vs 1

and we cant realy use 67" becouse random engine jamms happen in matter of minutes of use

on another hand bf109 which was limited to 10 minutes on mw50 can run mw50 all day long

thats problem here

if it was a case p-51 manual would state dont use wep in p-51 becouse you wont make back to base

Edited by grafspee