Need help with bombing

JanRalle

Wich of the Sabre Bombing Modes is the easiest but relative akkurate to start with?

- DIVE BOMBING (MANUAL MODE)

- DIVE BOMBING (MANUAL PIP BOMBING MODE)

- DIVE BOMBING (AUTOMATIC MODE)

- L.A.B.S.

in Special i am looking for playing the Relic Campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Automatic mode is pretty easy, but won't be incredibly accurate. The releic campaign typically sets the victory conditions with a handicap so you won't need put the bomb in the pickle barrel.

It's a great campaign and have fun. Only I had to go the invulnerable to shoot down the dumb mi-28's. Those gunners were super human (and I was subhuman).

I haven't worked too much with the other modes, so you might be able to be more accurate with them, but you have to start at certain altitudes, speeds, and dive angles to accurately hit the target. L.A.B.S is really only for nukes (which aren't in DCS) so it's an area accuracy not anything you would actually use with normal bombs. But it's fun for kicks.

• 2 weeks later...
Automatic mode is pretty easy, but won't be incredibly accurate. The releic campaign typically sets the victory conditions with a handicap so you won't need put the bomb in the pickle barrel.

It's a great campaign and have fun. Only I had to go the invulnerable to shoot down the dumb mi-28's. Those gunners were super human (and I was subhuman).

I haven't worked too much with the other modes, so you might be able to be more accurate with them, but you have to start at certain altitudes, speeds, and dive angles to accurately hit the target. L.A.B.S is really only for nukes (which aren't in DCS) so it's an area accuracy not anything you would actually use with normal bombs. But it's fun for kicks.

So I'm not the only one who really struggled with those damn choppers. That's nice to hear lol

OP your most accurate bombing mode on the Sabre is certainly going to be manual mode. Just setup your sight for bombs, roll into the target at a steep dive angle with your air brakes out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Automatic mode takes a lot of practice and exacting flight attitude to target to even have the bombs release reliably imho. I have not tried the other modes yet. but I would imagine that they are all easier then auto mode :P

I'd say you exchange one problem for another, really. Matter of taste which one you prefer.

You don't conduct the attack run as intended in auto mode and nothing happens at all.

You do the same in manual mode and you miss.

As far as I know, Pilots didn't use auto mode cause it suck, it also suck in dcs, so I would say forget about it or you will end up in frustration.

Just use the manual bomb release parameters and practice on the range to match them as close as possible. Find some parameters which would work decently in most cases and practice matching them, I find around 30-40 degrees dive works best.

Surely sometimes you have to adjust, e.g. if you feel before release you are too shallow on the dive, you can release a bit later, in the opposite, if you feel you are slightly too steep, release a bit ealier, same goes for speed. In any case, it is not a precise delivery so don't expect you will ever have a constant direct hits on a single unit but withing 200-250 feet is acceptable accuracy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I always find the Auto mode when it works to drop long for me. Manual I tend to get closer and more consistent results. Also having clear parameters to follow helps as well. Best bet is to practice on a range and see what works for you, it will also give you a feel as to whether you have a tendency to drop short or long.

As for the Museum Relic, I haven't gotten through the whole thing but its been great so far, I've only done one bombing mission so far and it appeared to be fairly generous to you on placement. Although when I watched the track back it looked as though it was probably my most accurate bomb drop I've done.