F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

Hope to have this available soon. It represents a hypothetical F-14A in Royal Navy service in the mid 70s to early 80s and will be available with several different squadrons. I've designed the scheme by referencing a combination of US and Iranian F-14 liveries alsong other Fleet Air Arm liveries of the 70s for a result that's hopefully quite 'authentic'. The omega 892 NAS tail would be a little anachronistic with such an acquisition, but it's so iconic I'll include it anyway.

This will be paired with an eventual reskin of the upcoming Forrestal class carrier to represent the cancelled CVA-01 class of carriers should should result in some fun themed missions!

Highly WIP at current.

LOwcqGS.png

Edited by C-TE-B

Hi all.

I'm looking for this skin but the link to download is dead.

Please, could someone send it to me ?

Thanks

Regards

INjmZmP.jpg

z2ePdV4.jpg

just uploaded them on the user files section on the dcs website for you

please check there in a day (waiting for them to activate it)

Problem with F-14 Module

Hi All

I purchased F-14 module ,but weapon selector switch is not working with keyboard and also mouse .When I put the computer mouse on that switch is not active. I don't know how to turn on weapon selector switch for F-14 module also I don't have joystick I am using mouse and keyboard.

I appreciate your help

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...
Fix it! :thumbup:

nQIZP8Z.jpg

8JhTydF.jpg

zTphral.jpg

Coming in few weeks???

Hey Isoko. I found your skins there https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306961/

Well, that's one of the most fantastic jobs I ever saw in any flight simulator those last 20 years. Stunning.

I feel really bad telling you this: there's a little mistake on Gypsy 101: Cdr Ariza's first name is Russell, with two Ls ("Russel" on the skin), as you can see :

Here http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2019/19-1048-s1_misc_2_10-25-19.pdf

And here https://www.markstyling.com/f14_2.htm

Great job anyway! :thumbup:

VF-55 "Lone Rangers" CAG Jet 1977 (Fictional)

Hi folks,

My first shot at skinning. This is for a fictional unit I created, VF-55, The Lone Rangers. Includes the full livery plus screenshots and a litho with a bit of history. Enjoy, and thanks to those who created the F-14 PSD files with such amazing detail. Made this work fairly easy.

Link to files: VF-55 Lone Rangers (CAG)

vf55-litho.jpg

LR55-01-side.JPG

LR55-03-tail.JPG

LR55-04-three-quarter.JPG

LR55-06-flight.JPG

LR55-03-nose.JPG

oops!:doh:

Thank you for the information!

Will be fixed in the next update:thumbup:

x20NBeI.jpg

Hey Isoko. I found your skins there https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306961/

Well, that's one of the most fantastic jobs I ever saw in any flight simulator those last 20 years. Stunning.

I feel really bad telling you this: there's a little mistake on Gypsy 101: Cdr Ariza's first name is Russell, with two Ls ("Russel" on the skin), as you can see :

Here http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2019/19-1048-s1_misc_2_10-25-19.pdf

And here https://www.markstyling.com/f14_2.htm

Great job anyway! :thumbup:

I was wondering, does anyone have any plans to make some skins of the NASA Tomcats? They flew a couple back in the 1980s.

Those were A models, I think some folks are holding off on some of those schemes until we see how different the A model is to paint. I saw claim that B skins will work on the A with minor differences so we will see.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Hope to have this available soon. It represents a hypothetical F-14A in Royal Navy service in the mid 70s to early 80s and will be available with several different squadrons. I've designed the scheme by referencing a combination of US and Iranian F-14 liveries alsong other Fleet Air Arm liveries of the 70s for a result that's hopefully quite 'authentic'. The omega 892 NAS tail would be a little anachronistic with such an acquisition, but it's so iconic I'll include it anyway.

This will be paired with an eventual reskin of the upcoming Forrestal class carrier to represent the cancelled CVA-01 class of carriers should should result in some fun themed missions!

Highly WIP at current.

LOwcqGS.png

Looking forward to those skins and the skin of the "CVA-01", it's the Falklands that we need finally.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

I am working on various other skins.

The release of VF-31 and other updates is planned for summer and later.

Take an energy drink and sleep well!

Please take care of yourself!

p8QXPyd.jpg

qwwK7BY.jpg

t88pIgO.jpg

Now see in real ife we were always told this was not possible...No matter how many times we tapped on the canopy they wouldn't open up.

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Completing the F-14 skinning week: VF-114 Ardvaarks, 1977. I spent approximately 3 months perfecting my F-14 photoshop template - originally provided by HB. Getting each color right, redoing most of the decals, etc...Even like this it takes 8-10 hours to make a new skin. Lately I've been doing nothing but looking at every detail of hundreds of Tomcat photos, saving, checking, adjusting, repeat. By now I got totally fed up with the process, my brain is smoking, my eyes are red, so it will be the last skin I'll make for a long time. Except of course adapting them for the F-14A when it comes out. I hope the work was not in vain and you'll like the result :)

Screen-200423-194345.png

Screen-200423-194126.png

Completing the F-14 skinning week: VF-114 Ardvaarks, 1977. I spent approximately 3 months perfecting my F-14 photoshop template - originally provided by HB. Getting each color right, redoing most of the decals, etc...Even like this it takes 8-10 hours to make a new skin. Lately I've been doing nothing but looking at every detail of hundreds of Tomcat photos, saving, checking, adjusting, repeat. By now I got totally fed up with the process, my brain is smoking, my eyes are red, so it will be the last skin I'll make for a long time. Except of course adapting them for the F-14A when it comes out. I hope the work was not in vain and you'll like the result :)

Screen-200423-194345.png

Screen-200423-194126.png

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Looking forward to those being released!

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes