ED virtual pilot roster for Hard Core 1 and Hard Core 2 server modes.

Fri13

A lot of things would change if DCS would have a virtual pilot roster that is synced with the ED account for multiplayer, and local for single player (there already is one).

The ED would have a master server as it has the server browser server, and that is where all servers gets the ED account data anyways to check how many virtual pilots does the ED account connecting to server has.

Each time your pilot gets Killed In Action (KIA), it is removed from the ED roster and you need to wait a specific time (hours) to delete that pilot from roster and create a new one.

If your pilot ejects, it needs to be picked up by Search And Rescue (SAR) and only then it comes available back to roster, otherwise it stays Missing In Action (MIA).

Your virtual pilot generates experience by the flight hours, good traps on carriers, targets destroyed, completed sorties etc. And such experience increase things like G-force capability (like growing capability from 7G to 9G withstanding) as well availability for more expensive weapons (like AIM-120B instead AIM-7F) etc. Your used ammunition is as well counted and more you waste missiles, less you are going to be given them to spend. If one is dropping bombs on wrong targets, using wrong laser codes etc, there are penalties. When tasked for CAS for specific battle groups etc, your success would be tied to ground forces success to complete their missions, so how well you protect and support them will improve your ranking more. This forces CAS pilots to stay with the ground troops, fighters to try to take off those CAS pilots, and fighters to engage other fighters, and helicopter pilots to search and rescue downed pilots as well support own ground troops. It would shift the virtual pilots focus from random flying around the maps, more directly to sorties in combat zones where it matters. And this would boost the Combined Arms module owners to really take control of ground units as they are there to make every virtual pilot succeed in their career, as well getting more experienced and effective ground units in their possession.

That would radically change the way how air combat is done in multiplayer, and it wouldn't anymore be "risk free" in multiplayer on such servers that would activate the "Hard Core 1" or "Hard Core 2" modes, where it would be far more pleasing to be good pilot and really recommend players to take it safe, instead risking it to go and lose a plane, eject or die.

At that time the air combat would be totally different, where one really would take it far more safely when they are flying with a higher ranking virtual pilot. And new fresh lower ranking pilot would be severely limited against higher ranking other players as it could be such disadvantage that you wouldn't like to go as hothead trying to challenge those who are in superior situation in the area. As well it would lock a higher ranking players from flying away from combat zones as they might get penalties from not following commands.

So learning the smart things to do in combat would be sensible, like it is likely better to waste couple APC on ground, than one of the 18 multipurpose fighters left on the carrier group as it might take three days to get additional 12 fighters making carrier fleet 30 fighters in total.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Only if all DCS modules were free. Good luck locking folks out after they pay.

Game......

Besides you had to learn right? Why should folks be banished for your enjoyment?

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

There aren’t enough players online in flight sims to be that elaborate with ranked servers etc.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah, let's NOT have stat unlocks and RPG-Lite bs in here, thanks. War Thunder has all that and more, down the hall second door on the left with the flashing neon ''EXIT'' sign.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

This is tackled on servers that choose to do it. It's not done on servers who don't want to do it. Which seems to be the way to approach it. Rules on one server should not be applicable to the rules on another. Whilst I would like people to play sensibly too, global enforcement would annhilate the community and cause outrage. Imagine not being able to log onto your own server because you died when playing on the 104th? Insanity at best.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Each time your pilot gets Killed In Action (KIA), it is removed from the ED roster and you need to wait a specific time (hours) to delete that pilot from roster and create a new one.

The thing that immediately sprang to mind was the team-kill.

I think things would get pretty acrimonious if, just as you are settling down for a nice evening of flight on your favourite server, you get strafed and pilot-killed by some random teamkiller who then promptly logs off and goes to the next Hard-Core server.

The thing that immediately sprang to mind was the team-kill.

I think things would get pretty acrimonious if, just as you are settling down for a nice evening of flight on your favourite server, you get strafed and pilot-killed by some random teamkiller who then promptly logs off and goes to the next Hard-Core server.

Remember, ED master server is there to guarantee that such behavior is penalized if the target so chooses.

So if you decide that Blue on Blue was purposely done, it is marked to ED master server that is then checked when that player is connecting to new server and so on gets punished for it.

It can be done many many ways at various levels and it is the server owner decision does it want to be enabled or not.

What people do not get is that this is not enforced function, but a special Hard Core version for the server admin to be enabled if so wanted. Just like you can run the server in Game Mode, it can be as well enabled for Hard Core mode.

It just wouldn't work for a simulator like DCS. I doubt barely anyone will seriously want to play this. You forget this is already a niche community in the genre of gaming.

As others have pointed out this just isn't fair to the user if it was enforced globally across online DCS spectrum, as opposed to being a custom server idea for an individual server. AT the end of the day simulator or no simulator, its still a game, and punishing players by locking them out from being able to play it online is just too overly extreme, and entirely unfair.

Id also throw in

The line for extra hardcore options should be drawn at resources. IE limiting munitions availability ( which can already be done) and limiting amount of "spawns" for aircraft ( but not pilot lives) , to simulate a capped limit of aircraft within squadrons(s) that are deployed to a theater of operations.

loose to many aircraft you loose and scenario is reset. Or otherwise if the objectives are met with higher losses than a win ensues anyways, because objectives matter, not necessarily attrition rate.

All in all i don't think anything of the above is feasible until dynamic campaign becomes a thing, were such aspects such as strategic objectives and logistics supply are going to matter for a declared victory or defeat.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

This sounds good for people that want this kind of MP experience. Me, personally, I don't feel like player Escape from Tarkov, DCS edition. I understand where you're coming from, don't get me wrong. I try to fly as realistically as possible, but if I die, I want to be able to fly again immediately, not wait a day to respawn. The problem is not a pilot that wasted too many AMRAAMs or missed with all their bombs, the problem is people that take off from taxiways, cause runway conflicts because they don't care or disregard the mission completely.

And if we're being completely realistic, an air force wouldn't deny a rookie or a "bad" pilot access to better missiles and bombs etc if they made a mistake. If a pilot was that bad, they'd simply ground them and that'd be the end of it.

Plus, DCS has a lot of newbie pilots all the time and everyone started like this. There are a bunch of people flying online that they don't know half the systems present in their airframe. There are people that don't know how to conduct a proper IFF check. If they're punished for their ignorance, they'll never learn. We don't have the luxury of real instructors taking us through the paces, we have to figure out things ourselves, on our own free time. For real pilots, it's their job, they get paid for it and they have far more training resources at their disposal.

Your approach would work well, with some variations, in certain hardcore servers, but those servers implement a lot of these restrictions already.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

As others have pointed out this just isn't fair to the user if it was enforced globally across online DCS spectrum, as opposed to being a custom server idea for an individual server. AT the end of the day simulator or no simulator, its still a game, and punishing players by locking them out from being able to play it online is just too overly extreme, and entirely unfair.

This is not across the DCS servers, it is only across the DCS servers that opt-in to enable the mode.

You are still free to jump at any given point back to a Game Mode servers or Normal mode servers (current ones). But if you want the challenge, realism and professionalism, you would go to Hard Core servers (called actually "Realism" servers).

Id also throw in

The line for extra hardcore options should be drawn at resources. IE limiting munitions availability ( which can already be done) and limiting amount of "spawns" for aircraft ( but not pilot lives) , to simulate a capped limit of aircraft within squadrons(s) that are deployed to a theater of operations.

The cap of the aircrafts does NOT stop virtual pilots doing stupid things, fooling down etc.

Limiting their lifes on the server for given time, and for the ED account across the DCS servers that enable the mode, that puts EVERY SINGLE ONE to respect their lives.

Just like in real war, it doesn't really matter if you get shot down, as in war time new planes gets built quickly. But to replace that pilot that was invested to train and teach for years, that is far more difficult to replace.

Stupid and hero pilots will eventually kill themselves and that way move away from the line, while good pilots and those who do not take unnecessary risks, will last much longer.

Fight the engagement that you can win, not the one you can't win.

loose to many aircraft you loose and scenario is reset. Or otherwise if the objectives are met with higher losses than a win ensues anyways, because objectives matter, not necessarily attrition rate.

That is arcade manner. You can control the air (have only air force in the area) but if you do not hold the ground (no ground troops) you are not doing anything.

Why the objectives should be done based the real objectives. A carrier that has just enough fighters to defend the fleet but not perform ground operations is not going to leave the area, as it will sit there and wait replacements. But carrier that has no pilots to fly its full inventory, will leave the area.

All in all i don't think anything of the above is feasible until dynamic campaign becomes a thing, were such aspects such as strategic objectives and logistics supply are going to matter for a declared victory or defeat.

This is part of the dynamic campaign requirements. It is as well explained some other my wish threads.

Yea, having such rules inside a server that chooses so: good idea.

Insisting on this being a global thing... not so much.

I am not insisting this is global rule for all servers. Even the topic explains that this is "server modes" and not "DCS global change".

It is purely Opt-In decision for those who want to get realism, challenge and professionalism.

As you would not anymore see those who will try to take-off on taxiway, ram you in the parking slot, shoot you down while trying to kill a enemy you are chasing etc etc. You wouldn't even anymore see players taking full weapons load because that is already penalizing them when they either return back to base with unnecessary amount of unused armament or require to eject them because they got caught. So optimizing the armament for the sortie is required skill to know how to plan the sortie. Just as is navigation, communications etc.

I think you should really take a careful look at DDCS (manual)

P.S. How about giving FC3 planes the ability to plan mission waypoints in multiplayer (or allow F10 map markers export so we can develop external tools for navigation)?

FC3 are indispensable as we only have one (conditionally) "redfor" modern aircraft yet they are handicapped in MP environment by this deficiency

Edited by AnarchyZG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

So lets make it perfectly clear now everyone, as some people has not read the post from start to end.

THIS DOES NOT REPLACE CURRENT SERVER MODE!

The DCS World has currently variables for the difficulty settings, that are split to two modes:

GAME Mode

SIMULATOR Mode

This idea is to extend the difficulty two one (or two) new level:

Game Mode

Simulator Mode

REALITY Mode (aka Hard Core Mode)

Anyways ED should make possibility to have a global ED server stored player career roster, optional for those who want to upload their pilot data to ED account. And then have opt-in choice to make it even public and use that data on the various places like ED Forums to brag about flight hours, last kills or be shamed by amount of ejections, deaths etc.

And such functionality would be used to create the "reality mode" where you are never locked out from the game forever, but there are time limitations as penalty for raising the risk that one just can't fly anymore on that day or next day even if they do stupid things way too often. Like kill all your 5 virtual pilots and you are done for those two days on Reality Mode servers and you need to go to fly on Simulator or Game mode servers.

This is not enforced to everyone, this is not global public humiliation automatically etc. It is all Opt-In for those who want seriousness virtual fighting, realism and and waits professionalism from others.

I think you should really take a careful look at DDCS (manual)

That is only for specific server, it is not a global ED account tied system that only ED can implement.

This to work you need to have a ED account system to support it across all the servers that enable the mode, it is tracked across all the servers that has enabled the modes.

It is DCS core feature that allows to add new difficulty settings and set those easily and globally when wanted.

You could should start your own server. Call it “Fri13 hard core server “ only give password to your buddies.

Not sure I get your problem?

Regards

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

This is not across the DCS servers, it is only across the DCS servers that opt-in to enable the mode.

You are still free to jump at any given point back to a Game Mode servers or Normal mode servers (current ones). But if you want the challenge, realism and professionalism, you would go to Hard Core servers (called actually "Realism" servers).

The cap of the aircrafts does NOT stop virtual pilots doing stupid things, fooling down etc.

Limiting their lifes on the server for given time, and for the ED account across the DCS servers that enable the mode, that puts EVERY SINGLE ONE to respect their lives.

Just like in real war, it doesn't really matter if you get shot down, as in war time new planes gets built quickly. But to replace that pilot that was invested to train and teach for years, that is far more difficult to replace.

Stupid and hero pilots will eventually kill themselves and that way move away from the line, while good pilots and those who do not take unnecessary risks, will last much longer.

Fight the engagement that you can win, not the one you can't win.

That is arcade manner. You can control the air (have only air force in the area) but if you do not hold the ground (no ground troops) you are not doing anything.

Why the objectives should be done based the real objectives. A carrier that has just enough fighters to defend the fleet but not perform ground operations is not going to leave the area, as it will sit there and wait replacements. But carrier that has no pilots to fly its full inventory, will leave the area.

This is part of the dynamic campaign requirements. It is as well explained some other my wish threads.

Dcs is flight sim. Not everyone has combined arms or wants to be a strategic ground commander. The lot of us are here to fly. There are other games for that.

We all know that most wars are not won with airpower alone, but it really depends on the conflict type and war aims tbh. There are plenty of examples in history where there were just limited independant air campaigns and no ground forces invasions.

There is a certain line that has to be balanced between realism and fun. Even the most unforgiving of infantry based simulators, dont punish players remotely the way you suggest for dcs because pure realism isnt fun, but dull. Dcs is still a virtual hobby and not real life. I dont lnow of anyone that wants to wait a day to be able to fly online again just because thier virtual pilot avatar died. Similarly why it simply makes sense to reset a lost scenario as no one is going to fly really time for 12+ hours or wait real time for reinforcements that take days or even weeks. Or if a war is outright lost there is surrender , a cessation of hostilities, there is nothing to fight with.

It really seems like you just want to have an excessive amou nt of control, and I'll tolerant of any mistakes. We are not professional pilots, but hobbyist, and we learn from mistakes. Mistakes that we can afford to make because we dont die in a computer generated world.

You just have to accept that you cant have the sort of control you want unless you have a private server and are part of a like minded squadron, which seems is what you really want. As someone else suggested just have your own custom server with a password, and presto you won't have undisciplined plebeians messing up your vision.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

It very much depends on the battle. You can go to war without using ground forces.

If there was a hardcode mode, I personally think it would be better off resource based. "Leveling up" your pilot in a simulator is just annoying due to the time investment and its artificial nature. Simulators are complex enough that you improve by developing your own skills. Putting some time gate in the way of that seems like a step backwards.

Pilot lives also isn't going to stop people from flying poorly. If people are out there to make nuisances of themselves, they'll probably jump at the chance to ruin someone else's pilot file by team killing or whatever else. But if it's optional its fine. People can decide how they want to use the sim.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 2 years later...
On 2/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, Fri13 said:

A lot of things would change if DCS would have a virtual pilot roster that is synced with the ED account for multiplayer, and local for single player (there already is one).

The ED would have a master server as it has the server browser server, and that is where all servers gets the ED account data anyways to check how many virtual pilots does the ED account connecting to server has.

If your pilot ejects, it needs to be picked up by Search And Rescue (SAR) and only then it comes available back to roster, otherwise it stays Missing In Action (MIA).

Your virtual pilot generates experience by the flight hours, good traps on carriers, targets destroyed, completed sorties etc. And such experience increase things like G-force capability (like growing capability from 7G to 9G withstanding) as well availability for more expensive weapons (like AIM-120B instead AIM-7F) etc. Your used ammunition is as well counted and more you waste missiles, less you are going to be given them to spend. If one is dropping bombs on wrong targets, using wrong laser codes etc, there are penalties. When tasked for CAS for specific battle groups etc, your success would be tied to ground forces success to complete their missions, so how well you protect and support them will improve your ranking more. This forces CAS pilots to stay with the ground troops, fighters to try to take off those CAS pilots, and fighters to engage other fighters, and helicopter pilots to search and rescue downed pilots as well support own ground troops. It would shift the virtual pilots focus from random flying around the maps, more directly to sorties in combat zones where it matters. And this would boost the Combined Arms module owners to really take control of ground units as they are there to make every virtual pilot succeed in their career, as well getting more experienced and effective ground units in their possession.

That would radically change the way how air combat is done in multiplayer, and it wouldn't anymore be "risk free" in multiplayer on such servers that would activate the "Hard Core 1" or "Hard Core 2" modes, where it would be far more pleasing to be good pilot and really recommend players to take it safe, instead risking it to go and lose a plane, eject or die.

At that time the air combat would be totally different, where one really would take it far more safely when they are flying with a higher ranking virtual pilot. And new fresh lower ranking pilot would be severely limited against higher ranking other players as it could be such disadvantage that you wouldn't like to go as hothead trying to challenge those who are in superior situation in the area. As well it would lock a higher ranking players from flying away from combat zones as they might get penalties from not following commands.

So learning the smart things to do in combat would be sensible, like it is likely better to waste couple APC on ground, than one of the 18 multipurpose fighters left on the carrier group as it might take three days to get additional 12 fighters making carrier fleet 30 fighters in total.

Sorry but this idea is ridiculous. I rarely have time to fly for than an hour or two on any given weekend or day even. I have a very busy real life so I would be kinda ticked off if I couldn't fly when I wanted to. Plus ED is quite frankly really about profit, which is fine with me, so I don't think it would be a profitable venture for them.

Asus ROG HERO / i9-13900K / 6GHZ /32GB DDR5 6400/ Asus RTX 3090 Ti OC / Samsung SSDs - 2*990 Pro 2TB / PiMax 8KX HMD / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + 4 MFDs + Logitech Rudders on Next Level Racing Rig with Buttkicker Gamer Plus

The idea of having limited lives and resources is good. But it can, and already is, implemented on individual servers. There’s no reason to have this tracked globally. This could also be incorporated into the dynamic campaign, I’m sure it will be. But the idea of having this globally across all game modes and servers doesn’t make sense. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5