How do I read the fuel gauge?

CypherBlue

Hey everyone,

I was flying one of the single player missions on the Caucuses. The name escapes me but you're performing a strike on some airfield fuel tanks.

So the bug I encountered was I was heading out of the strike area, with 5000 lbs total, about 4000lbs in the external wing tanks. Some enemy Mig 29s are on their way to intercept us so I take the offensive posture and prepare to engage. As I attain a lock with an AIM-120c my Engine Dies. I still am showing 4000 lbs of fuel.

I try and restart the engine, make sure the fuel feed is good and the engine starts to restart but dies again. I double check the fuel qty and im still showing the 4000lbs.

Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong?

You left your aerial refuel door open, the external fuel is trapped as they are not pressurized and is unusable at that point.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

the external fuel would quickly be pumped into the internal tanks anyhow.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

the external fuel would quickly be pumped into the internal tanks anyhow.

Not if the AAR door is left open, fuel will not transfer from the externals. OP should provide a track otherwise we are left speculating and chasing a ghost.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Also if your Air Source dial is set to off on RH side console, same deal with no TXFR from external tanks.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]