NADIR in Multicrew unreliable

WolfhoundCH

Description: We flew the SA342L in Multicrew, mostly on hotstart aircraft, but the bug also happened on coldstart.

Mostly, the bug shows as follows:

NADIR working for the pilot, then the copilot enters the aircraft, for him, NADIR is completely black.

For the pilot, NADIR display works, but with ERR in lower left.

When the copilot does entries (eg. changing waypoints), the pilot sees it correctly in the display, but the waypoint system doesn't work in the Nav / HSI and DME.

Recycling NADIR off and on doesn't help.

DCS Version: Current openbeta as of December 09, 2018

Steam: No

Map: Tested on Caucasus and PG.

SP/MP: MP and Multicrew only.

Reproducible: Yes, see above.

Step to Reproduce:

Use a SA342L model in Mission editor to hotstart

1. Pilot enters Aircraft

2. Copilot enters aircraft

3. Check if NADIR works completely

Track Available: No

Controllers: Pilot: Pro Flight Trainer PUMA, Copilot: TM HOTAS and Pedal

@Swatstar: I had a short look for NADIR Bugs in this forum and didn't find any that fit my issue, thus I opened a new one.

@Polychop: Thanks for clarifying, I really hope that will be fixed some time, I really enjoy flying in multicrew, especially in bigger missions with several flights in the air and many radio comms going on, sharing some load with my copilot is really useful.

@Swatstar: I had a short look for NADIR Bugs in this forum and didn't find any that fit my issue, thus I opened a new one.

@Polychop: Thanks for clarifying, I really hope that will be fixed some time, I really enjoy flying in multicrew, especially in bigger missions with several flights in the air and many radio comms going on, sharing some load with my copilot is really useful.

This bug is part of the multicrew bugs known and reported on the Polychops discord :P

Chinook lover - Rober -

• 4 months later...
Hi, we decided to wait until the f14 release, that also promisses a functional multicrew, and see what is happening Fact is, all, also the f14, rely on the core network code of the DCS platform. We hope to maybe see a new network code on the core DCS platform.

The New network code is released, Tomcat is released. Problem still exist...

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I can't speak on behalf of Polychop but according to a facebook post I can deduct the following;

Polychop is hard at work on a new project yet to be announced, this takes up most if not all of their time and might set a new standard for rotary wing aircraft. In the same facebook post they mention that they plan (a number of) updates for the Gazelle and the fact that they are waiting for the release of the F-14 with it's multicrew capabilities to see wether netcode issues have been resolved.

About the Gazelle. We plan some updates for it in 2019. When these will eventually make it into the sim is depending on some factors. The biggest factor is time.

We also have taken a look into the multicrew issues, but we came to the conclusion that we will wait for the F14 release in DCS, cause we hope that the recent dedicated server tests of ED will help to improve the network code and occuring desynch issues that our multicrew suffers of will be undergoing a final fix then.

Now with the new project being worked on and the F-14 release only a few months ago, it might be too soon to expect the mentionned Gazelle updates just yet.

Polychop is hard at work on a new project yet to be announced...

Now with the new project being worked on ...

I'm trying really hard to not comment on that... and will not bring obvious things up concerning I do really like that module. A little update on what's going on would be definately on the spot ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

• 5 months later...
Just noting that the F-14 is out and seems to work, I'm flying it in multicrew on a daily basis and only rarely encounter issues. Even looking into the front cockpit from the rear seat, everything seems to work.

Still not the same, you don't "SHARE" the systems, they are like 2 separated cockpits, not a whole 1. You only have to see how UH and Mi8 have still no Multicrew and they promised it 4y ago.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Still not the same, you don't "SHARE" the systems, they are like 2 separated cockpits, not a whole 1. You only have to see how UH and Mi8 have still no Multicrew and they promised it 4y ago.

I think this is incorrect

Did you ever fly the F-14 in multicrew?

The RIO can not only clearly see all the dials and gauges and instruments over in the front seat, you can actually interact with them.

Even though this clearly is unrealistic, it is still evidence of a very working and multicrew capable cockpit

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian