F-16 vs JF-17, which one should I buy?

MobiSev

like?

F-16 can’t carry anti ship missile or long ranged MITL missile, doesn’t have laser guided rockets, no moving map. In addition the MAWS. But the F-16 certainly does have the advantage in payload size and pylon stations as well as sheer performance. I am sorely, extremely going to miss not having HMD or HOBS missiles! I will avoid a head on merge like the plague

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

F-16 can’t carry anti ship missile or long ranged MITL missile, doesn’t have laser guided rockets, no moving map. In addition the MAWS. But the F-16 certainly does have the advantage in payload size and pylon stations as well as sheer performance. I am sorely, extremely going to miss not having HMD or HOBS missiles! I will avoid a head on merge like the plague

Ahh i see

yea anti shipping is left to the USN for their Hornets, though some F16 export users have AGM84 capability

And yea really big shame this F16 doesn't get any MITL.

It was supposed to get the AGM158 JASSM, but was removed because alas not present for "circa 2007" viper with software tape 4.2 or 4.3. sadly we would need at least 2008+ viper but ED didnt have the possibility to model a later variant.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

If you mostly fly red buy JF-17. If you fly blue, get F-16. It's as simple as that, those are 2 fighters with similar role and capability, but one is for the western side and one is for the eastern

Except the JF-17 is a blufor fighter.

Edited by Jester2138

Except the JF-17 is a blufor fighter.

As far as I know, JF-17/FC-1 is a result of deep modernisation of J-7/Mig-21. And it is a Chines product, Pakistan just provide a finance support.

In addition, they are equipped with russians engines "KLIMOV production".

All systems are "bluefor", I guess.

Currently used by Myanmar and Pakistan.

There are a lot of potential operators, such as Algeria, Argentina, Qatar, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Malaysia, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and Uruguay.

So, my uderstanding - JF-17 in DCS should be operated by both red and blue sides.

Edited by REDFOX

Pimax 8K • Intel Core i9-9900K • MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio • MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON • 32 MB Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz • SSD Samsung 860 EVO 2TB • 49" Samsung CHG90 C49HG90DMI • VKBsim MCG PRO

For me it’s the JF-17. I only get 1or two modules a year, and well I already have the Hornet. Having an actual equivalent to fight against will be great, and I wanna smash some bugs. The Lawn Dart just seems to be more of the same. One day I’ll get it, when it’s on sale or something.

if someone is selling a decent f16, then you buy an f-16. Then you can decide what additional planes you can buy..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

If you mostly fly red buy JF-17. If you fly blue, get F-16. It's as simple as that, those are 2 fighters with similar role and capability, but one is for the western side and one is for the eastern

if someone is selling a decent f16, then you buy an f-16. Then you can decide what additional planes you can buy..

From the videos i have seen of it already and what people are saying since its release, I will steer clear of the F-16 for a while. Probably will not pick it up until it's at least where the hornet is now.

I'll wait for the JF-17 as it will be a pretty much completed module. It should also only be around 2 months away.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Yeah. The f16 is very basic right now. You cant even punch in a waypoint...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Isn't JF-17 blue as well, Pakistan being an USA ally?

It can be whatever...

Buddyspike is runnin iranian f16s right now...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Buy both.

F16

Pros

Agile

Fast

Variety of weapons

Simple and easy cockpit most used to it from bms

Cons

Little fuel

Bad rwr (does the job)

Moderate radar (not wow)

Will take time to complete got to be patient and enjoy what you have

JF17

Pros

Fancy cockpit

Agile

Wow weapons

Almost complete module

Nice rwr

Cons

Slow (f18 like)

Short range

bluefor, redfor.....

Guys this is a post cold war plane..

Also pretending that a certain module has to be on a certain side is just stupid. The only person who has any say in this is the dude who runs the server. Not you, not ED, not Deka. Its a sandbox everyone is free to do whatever.