=4c=Nikola

Here we go again.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #32
HereThen

Quote:
Originally Posted by =4c=Nikola View Post
Here we go again.
Exactly my thoughts!

I fly both and for now the F18 is the better choise.
The F16 will be my main toy if more completed because it is closer to what my country is operating (F16-A) and I like it more IRL. Sometimes its that simple .

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | ASUS Nvidia 1080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | 120Gb SSD Windows | 2Tb M.2 SSD games | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries MK750 TKL | Steelseries Rival | Steelseries Sibiria Elite Prism | MonsterTech table clamps |
HereThen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #33
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnate View Post

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...45&postcount=2

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...93&postcount=4

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...6&postcount=21

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

Last edited by Kev2go; 10-11-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:21 PM   #34
9./JG26_Brigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG-51_Sabot View Post
Probably under the the heading of "Which one is better the girlfriend or the wife...."

Both have their strong points and weakness. Comes down to which one you love the most.
9./JG26_Brigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:41 AM   #35
evilnate

Talking

I’m aware of past discussions about this topic. I’m having some fun

Even if 4x mavs + SFW, F-16c in DCS is more effective against armored targets.
evilnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #36
Fri13
Veteran

What comes to these heated up arguments about 3 Mavericks in single pylon, it will be fixed in the future when new damage modeling comes out.

1) if it is physically and technically possible mount those and then launch them.... So be it, regardless that no "weapons loadouts officer" has not written such allowed loadout.

2) Create the accurate damage modeling based to actual real reports and evidence that what will happen when the inner rocket motor is fired. Base the wearing and possible damages as realistic as possible. Not based to anyone words "....and then burn and fall out of the sky". If there are no reports from testing and the actual damages assessments done that specifically tells what happens at how many launches etc, then it is nothing more than a peace time and extra safety measurement to extend the lifetime of airframe, pilot and operational capabilities.

Make the official F-16C predefined loadouts realistic, and if someone wants to make own dangerous loadout, let them. But, let the damage model to them be active and show its accuracy.

This as well would require that in future the multiplayer mode gets a hardcore mode, where pilots has responsibilities and penalties. If they get shot down, it is serious penalty for next take-off as well available loadouts and aircrafts. If you return with damaged aircraft by stupidity, again possibly grounded for a time. And all that is in multiplayer servers where such penalties denies you to play.

If the F-16C is so easily damaged, destroyed and mishandled, the damage system should be the limiting factor, not artificial rule. Why the ED allowance for 6 Mavericks is good, but requires as well their damage system to be up to level once it gets implemented and either support or unsupport such a unofficial loadout.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #37
silent one

When its finished I think the f16 will appear more intuitive in its menus and general mfd usage. Just nice touches like it automatically changing radar range as you scroll up or down. But maybe years of the other sim have just colored my view as one im used to and the F18 Im not. I think they are both going to be great. Both have a long way to go but F18 is getting there. F 16 early early days
silent one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #38
Eviscerador

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnate View Post
Complexity is a tie.

If you want to have the power to decimate a armored column, go with the Viper.

DCS F-18c can’t load CBU-97/105 or 6 mavericks on two pylons.
I'd fly an A-10C for that, thank you sir.

You could also say that with the Viper you don't have air to air staying power, since the Hornet can have 10 x Fox3 + 2 x Fox 2 while the Viper can only fly with 6 AAM of any kind.

Will any hornet ever fly in combat with 10 amraam? Don't think so.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:14 AM   #39
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviscerador View Post
I'd fly an A-10C for that, thank you sir.

You could also say that with the Viper you don't have air to air staying power, since the Hornet can have 10 x Fox3 + 2 x Fox 2 while the Viper can only fly with 6 AAM of any kind.

Will any hornet ever fly in combat with 10 amraam? Don't think so.

The choice is up to virtual pilots to decide whether X12 AAAM is worth the performance penalties or not.

I tried it and seems impractical because the Hornet handles like a draggy brick with such loadout. Not something you want if you are put into a merge. Only good if you want to act as a pure BVR spamrammer, but even then the F15 the better choice for such a role as it doesn't get as much drag with its max loadout even if still inferior in quantity.

That being said in Strike fighter configuration the Viper has superior A2A staying power because you can still carry 6 AAM's even with bombs and TGP hanging off it.

In the Hornet you looking at only 4 AAM's, ( only 3 AAM When ATFLIR config becomes a thing)

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

Last edited by Kev2go; 10-18-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #40
Eviscerador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
The choice is up to virtual pilots to decide whether X12 AAAM is worth the performance penalties or not.

I tried it and seems impractical because the Hornet handles like a draggy brick with such loadout. Not something you want if you are put into a merge. Only good if you want to act as a pure BVR spamrammer, but even then the F15 the better choice for such a role as it doesn't get as much drag with its max loadout even if still inferior in quantity.

That being said in Strike fighter configuration the Viper has superior A2A staying power because you can still carry 6 AAM's even with bombs and TGP hanging off it.

In the Hornet you looking at only 4 AAM's, ( only 3 AAM When ATFLIR config becomes a thing)
Dual rail amraam has almost no drag. And in case you are worried about that, you can always drop the dual rails after firing the external missiles for the merge.

With 6 AAM and bombs you are forfeiting fuel in the viper. The Hornet can then bring 8 AAM + TPOD + bombs doing that. Or 7 AAM + ATFLIR + Fuel + Bombs.

Of course we are talking about minmaxing. I usually fly with two bags in the Hornet because I like to fly with realistic loadouts.