Intelligence is linked to success in mp-games - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
BitMaster
Veteran

Reputation power: 20
BitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of lightBitMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Intelligence is linked to success in mp-games

https://www.hardocp.com/news/2017/11...ligence_linked

my personal attitude towards my son and his DOTA2 game has dramatically changed to the better
Asus Strix Z370-E - Intel i7-8700K@5.2G_non-delid - 32GB-3600 - Asus 1080GTX-Ti Poseidon 2101/12000 ( BalsaStick-Support ) - 1x 960Evo 250GB - 2x 850Pro 256GB - 2x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@4x180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz - Oculus Rift VR - Win10Pro64 - Slave to the Machine
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:04 PM   #2
razo+r
Veteran

Reputation power: 17
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

Wow... what a surprise...
Old 11-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
probad

Reputation power: 13
probad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really nice

i too remember when id come up with a bogus topic for the science fair

good times
Old 11-21-2017, 02:45 PM   #4
Knock-Knock

Reputation power: 10
Knock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really nice

Amazing what they figure out these days. I also heard that smoking is bad for you.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |
Knock-Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #5
shonist

Reputation power: 3
shonist has a spectacular aura aboutshonist has a spectacular aura aboutshonist has a spectacular aura aboutshonist has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitMaster View Post
https://www.hardocp.com/news/2017/11...ligence_linked

my personal attitude towards my son and his DOTA2 game has dramatically changed to the better
that's surprissing coming from someone that plays DCS. No offense.
16gb @2400
2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB
SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK
WIN 10
shonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
Exorcet

Reputation power: 26
Exorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of light

It's not terribly surprising, but more detail would be nice. I know some people who were really good at games but then had a lot of trouble in school and such. When you think about it, it's not really clear why such a large difference should exist.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #7
probad

Reputation power: 13
probad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really nice

the vast majority of games are way dumbed down with nicely consistent rulesets and dovetailing procedures, in contrast to real life which is full of exceptions and the unexpected

the sort of intelligence these guys are talking about is a very narrow definition and has little bearing in real world practice and success

it's just a bunch of rubbish cooked up by people with little else to justify their funding with
honestly this sort of crud shouldnt even have seen the light of day

Last edited by probad; 11-21-2017 at 08:54 PM.
probad is offline   Reply With Quote