HTC Vive screen popping through

CptTangerine

Hi

I have been playing DCS P-51 and Black Shark using the Vive. I find that every now and then, at random, the Vive background will pop through. It only lasts for about a second or two but it is very distracting, particularly on landing.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have a solution to it?

Thanks!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

I think you need to post this in the Digital Combat Sumlator -> DCS World 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha -> 1.5 Open Beta Bugs and Problems -> VR Issues forum.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi

I wasn't aware that there was a VR thread. I'll ask there.

So, Codefox, I guess from that, what you are saying is that there's not much can be done about it?

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

This is the best place to go for sure...

ED Forums » English » Sim Topics » Input and Output » Virtual Reality

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=497

The Vive "home screen" popping through is due to the fact that they found low FPS to be very disorienting so when it drops below a certain level of FPS it will do that instead of trying to make you throw up :). Turn all settings to low, shadows off, special effects off (HDR, Depth etc), View distance down, everything else you can think of.

Overclock everything if you're into that sort of stuff.

You need 90FPS.

As a side note... With those settings at the regular 1920x1080 I get 140-190FPS. Mostly just 90 in VR with a x1.2 pixel density.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)