1.2.4 CHANGE LOG

Raven68

Who would ever want to have to take 5+ minutes to click all the buttons and press all the switches to simply get the A-10C started up and ready for takeoff!? What a drag!!! (sarcasm)

See my point? Yeah a little different, but as others have indicated... it is really fun to play the other positions.

Apples to oranges. Clicking buttons and switches for 5 minutes to start up a jet that you then get to fly is completely different from sitting in the back seat and doing NOTHING BUT clicking buttons and pressing switches for the duration of the entire flight. I play flight sims to fly (and fight). If I ain't flyin', I ain't playin'.

Edited by Nealius

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would ever want to have to take 5+ minutes to click all the buttons and press all the switches to simply get the A-10C started up and ready for takeoff!? What a drag!!! (sarcasm)

See my point? Yeah a little different, but as others have indicated... it is really fun to play the other positions.

Just a few examples:

1. COD4 - introduced a mission where you were gunner in an AC-130 and were using the 105 and 40mm to take out ground targets. It was easily one of the most popular segments of that game

http://youtu.be/iVaWOPSoIZY?t=1m

2. BF2 / BF2143 - Su-34 or F-15E WSO position where you could fire guided missiles... seems lame... wasn't. Sure, you didn't fly in that position all the time, but... you ended up doing it more than you would have thought and it was fun... could have been a LOT better as well... read: DCS FTW

3. Pacific Fighters - Endless hours of fun creating missions and flying as gunner, while friend tried like crazy to get us over target area and back home in approximately the same number and organization of parts / pieces we started in while I'm yelling at him about bandits and break left / right etc. Great great fun.

And... F-4 ... F-14 << uh.... yeah... getting choked up just thinking about it.

And... now think of choppers: AH-64, AH-1, Mi-24, etc. etc.

Startin to see the picture? :)

It's fun to simulate the battlefield... heck... there's even an FAA controller simulator that integrates into Flight Sim... who would EVER think that's cool??? Turns out... lots of people... and the more vehicles and positions we can participate in... the more authentic, realistic, and rich the experience... DCS is on a mission to simulate battlefield operations. This is the precursor.

Think big!

Love it!! Especially touching on the BF series. I have a blast with the gunner position of the helos. Also even though I am hardly a fan of the COD series I loved the AC-130 gunner positions. I would often replay that mission because of the fun!:thumbup:

Apples to oranges. Clicking buttons and switches for 5 minutes to start up a jet that you then get to fly is completely different from sitting in the back seat and doing NOTHING BUT clicking buttons and pressing switches for the duration of the entire flight. I play flight sims to fly (and fight). If I ain't flyin', I ain't playin'.

Nealius everyone is entitled to their opinion and preferences. I do believe you are on the end of the very very few who just want to pilot the multi-position aircraft. It's a very narrow view you have of the play-ability , but you are entitled to it. :)

Along the lines of multi-position/crew aircraft. I hope there is a third party considering the B-1B. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Yes, in a perfect world the 29/33 would be updated. ED have already put more work in to this than originally planned due to customer demand. If they kept at it right now, FC would still take a long while to come out. They need to move on IMO and start work on the next DCS module. While the FC update is excellent and worth every penny to me, we need NEW blood.

Yup, 3rd parties can come in and take up some of the work. Would be great.

I would rather have ED dedicating most of the power to make the new graphic engine and MP code stable before we get all the new toys or we will have no where to play whit them.

Meanwhile ED work we can enjoy 3rd parties developments.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

I never said I wanted to pilot multi-position aircraft ;)

Single-seat or bust for me. And no I'm not complaining. I simply asked what the point was because, quite frankly, I do not understand the interest.

Doesnt matter, you will like the Hueys with 3 or more people in it helping you in MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't mean to discredit you offhand. I'm glad you voiced your opinion as I understand your position. However, for me and a lot of us, there is a thrill in the teamwork, of making a complex system operate as it was intended. An F-15E is an amazing machine, but severely degraded without the GIB.

Trust me, I'm the guy who always wants to fly, but I've got a good friend who loves to be the WSO and help out.

The choppers is where the multi-human player in one aircraft is going to really shine.

I'm super stoked for it. I think a lot of us are just geeks for systems and doing it all right. I love A2A, but frankly... it gets a little myopic at times and it's nice to do other things.

But can you imagine a game in which some guy is controlling in an AWACS Battle Manager position, some guys are in an EA-18G Growler (or maybe EA-6B)... some other guys are in an Su-34, AH-64s and Mi-24s... Tornadoes doing runway denial missions at NOE... and an AC-130 with gunners plying the night skies... we're talking real battle simulations. Makes me itch for the future just thinking of it! LOL!

Anyway, glad you like your single-seaters.... we need guys like you to keep those aircraft occupied too!

Cheers!

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

Multi-human cooperative missions are great, no doubt. With my Falcon BMS squadron we will have fairly complex 12-ship packages that are a lot of fun. I guess I'm just not enough of an avionics geek to get into the backseater thing ;)

Of course in real life I wouldn't mind being in the backseat, because at least I am up there in the sky feeling the Gs.

I didn't mean to discredit you offhand. I'm glad you voiced your opinion as I understand your position. However, for me and a lot of us, there is a thrill in the teamwork, of making a complex system operate as it was intended. An F-15E is an amazing machine, but severely degraded without the GIB.

Trust me, I'm the guy who always wants to fly, but I've got a good friend who loves to be the WSO and help out.

The choppers is where the multi-human player in one aircraft is going to really shine.

I'm super stoked for it. I think a lot of us are just geeks for systems and doing it all right. I love A2A, but frankly... it gets a little myopic at times and it's nice to do other things.

But can you imagine a game in which some guy is controlling in an AWACS Battle Manager position, some guys are in an EA-18G Growler (or maybe EA-6B)... some other guys are in an Su-34, AH-64s and Mi-24s... Tornadoes doing runway denial missions at NOE... and an AC-130 with gunners plying the night skies... we're talking real battle simulations. Makes me itch for the future just thinking of it! LOL!

Anyway, glad you like your single-seaters.... we need guys like you to keep those aircraft occupied too!

Cheers!

Me a couple of mates played Dangerous Waters in exactly that fashion. One could do sonar, the other weapons / navigation and the other the Capitan, was heaps of fun.

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Be careful what you wish for :-)

Once the heat is on having two players in one ac has the potential to end friendships - we´ve almost seen this with Janes Longbow back then. If you get shot down because your own mistakes is one thing, if you get shot down (and maybe havn´t had the chance to do anything useful until then) because of your pilots fault it´s an entirely different thing :noexpression:

I do love the F-15E and am looking forward flying it in a couple of years, but would prefer the way Janes did it back then.

Cheers

TC