Modern eastern planes please

rahimystrio

There are lots of people that will even pay 100 dollar for a full fid flanker or falcrum. There are Lots of dedicated flanler squads and flanker pilot that can be seen im satal. But the amount of eastern plane lovers are much higher since many people started using western planes because they are full fid and we have 0 modern russian or chinese full fid fighter. We prefer modern flanker or mig-29, but if thats not possible we will even buy and support full fid su-27s or mig-29s. J-11B, mig-27k, su-24m, mig-25 and su-22m4 are all lovely. If any developer goes for them it can earn tons of money.

Please dont break our heart and make DCS even greater:helpsmilie:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

It would be nice to see at least 1 Eastern full fidelity fighter (i.e. MiG-29 or Su-27) the sim is becoming very sterile with the proliferation of Western full fidelity aircraft. People that want to fly Eastern-bloc aircraft are forced into FC3 and I don't think that's good for the sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Full Fidelity Fulcrum please!!! Lot of us still kindly remember the NovaLogics Falcon Vs Fulcrum in 1998, we need it now redo by the true experts of ED in 2020!

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Every time I see a new thread asking for more modern Russian aircraft I roll my eyes because this topic has come up a thousand times. Which shows you are a newbie and that you did not do your research. We really need a good wright up so we can refer new individuals to it.

But the short summery of the issue is that Eagle Dynamics is a Russian company and the Russian government has tight controls on its military aircraft. This makes developing any high fidelity module of Russian Aircraft a no go for ED. However ED has stated that 3rd parties based outside of Russia could potential do it. But even then getting a hold of the necessary data will be difficult and the newer the aircraft is the more impossible it will be.

But the short summery of the issue is that Eagle Dynamics is a Russian company and the Russian government has tight controls on its military aircraft. This makes developing any high fidelity module of Russian Aircraft a no go for ED. However ED has stated that 3rd parties based outside of Russia could potential do it. But even then getting a hold of the necessary data will be difficult and the newer the aircraft is the more impossible it will be.

And that doesn't fly in my radar, because why would Russian government give any information to a foreign company if they are not going to give it to a domestic company?

And why would Russian government allow a Russian publisher company (That Eagle Dynamics is) to release and sell a such software product that is violating their national security information, especially if that information was not public in the first place by Russian government?

So the answer should then be, no one can do a Russian aircraft no matter from where they are or who they are, or then that anyone could do it if they just have contacts to manufacturer etc to make those contracts for official information.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

As others have stated - there are issues getting hold of the documentation, without the Russian governments ok.

Razbam are to work on the mig 23 once the Harrier and Mirage are completed.

Also - I think ED have more than enough on their plate that adding on top of it. Let them finish what they already have in the pipeline, and once they have capacity to add more, then let's talk about what that is.

Russian 80' aircraft that maybe (big maybe) can be modeled, would have only M2C as an opponent because ED decided they want to model mid 2000' versions of us figters.

Well MIG 29 and Su 27 are out of the question so far.

Only aircraft that can(theoretically)be modeled are:

MIG 23,MIG 25,Su 17(Su 20/22),and maybe MIG 27.

All are pre 80' aircraft.

Edited by Void78

Dude I dont even use this forum but +1

Another +1

This is way overdue. Multiplayer is ridiculous in this game because of all the blue on blue setups. The Mig-29 is one of the most exported fighters worldwide. No excuses about military secrecy.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

And that doesn't fly in my radar, because why would Russian government give any information to a foreign company if they are not going to give it to a domestic company?

And why would Russian government allow a Russian publisher company (That Eagle Dynamics is) to release and sell a such software product that is violating their national security information, especially if that information was not public in the first place by Russian government?

So the answer should then be, no one can do a Russian aircraft no matter from where they are or who they are, or then that anyone could do it if they just have contacts to manufacturer etc to make those contracts for official information.

Here is the podcast with the interview with Wags from Eagle Dynamics that goes into detail of what I had mentioned. The part about Eastern Bloc Aircraft in DCS starts at 11:25. https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

Edited by Evoman

Let's remove the two things that are false:

1: Documentation not available, is complete false.

There is not only flight, weapon and maintenance manuals available on the net, but also a lot of other documentation, wiring diagrams, engine parts diagrams, frequencies diagrams for the radar and etc, I will not post them due to the forum policy but if you know how to search you could almost build a RL Fulcrum with them and not an simulation approximation.

2: Russian government doesn't allow RedFor aircraft in DCS is also false . This has been beaten to death. As per words of Matt Wagner himself, 3rd parties are well allowed to do a 4th Gen Red For if they choose. Reference podcast:

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

Edited by FoxAlfa

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

A new DCS russian fighter needs to be 2000s+, and at least Su-27SM standard for multiple reasons:

1: Missing Air to Ground. Full fidelity 80s Su-27/MiG-29 would not have any advanced air to ground systems and munitions. Just having anti ship/anti radiation weapons alone would greatly improve replayability of the modules, even if they were FC3 standard.

2: Air to Air performance. Even the FC3 J-11 is 80s tech with one mid-90s weapon. While perfectly capable of fighting AIM-120B/9M equipped eagles, also from the 90s, it gets outperformed by the mid-2000 DCS AIM-120Cs and Aim-9X. On top of that come the F-16/18s mid 2000s avionics, the nearly unnotchable radar and helmet radar locking feature being examples.

I think that even just to ensure realism in the sim alone, efforts need to be made to give these new western 2000+ fighters a proper opposition again. Multiplayer has become a pure NATO exercise simulator, and even in singleplayer there are nearly no post soviet era russian weapon systems available, which is also problematic in the face of JSOW/JDAM vs SAM matchup.

Perhabs a temporary solution could be to add Flaming Cliffs 3 versions of aircraft like Su-27SM3? Despite the missing clicky cockpit, it would add more tools to play with and also restore the time frame balance in air to air.

Let's remove the two things that are false:

1: Documentation not available, is complete false.

There is not only flight, weapon and maintenance manuals available on the net, but also a lot of other documentation, wiring diagrams, engine parts diagrams, frequencies diagrams for the radar and etc, I will not post them due to the forum policy but if you know how to search you could almost build a RL Fulcrum with them and not an simulation approximation.

2: Russian government doesn't allow RedFor aircraft in DCS is also false . This has been beaten to death. As per words of Matt Wagner himself, 3rd parties are well allowed to do a 4th Gen Red For if they choose. Reference podcast:

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/...t-wags-wagner/

So what is the problem than?

Edit:https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/...t-wags-wagner/.....404 error.

Edited by Void78