GBU-38 in last update

edineygomes

I am having trouble getting them to work. They won't release. First the fuzing and release options don't work for JDAM. Release is stuck on AUTO. Fusing does respond to setting of NT, DL, but sense weapon won't release it is not possible to tell. Release count does not work. It is stuck on 01, and ripple is stuck on 1

So I designate ground target on either TPOD or ARBS. If with TPOD, I shoot a laser for one second to update NAV.

JD38 is selected . Master Arm:ON. Release is AUTO, Fuse: NI(nose impact tail). Master HUD mode is AG.

At alt AGL between 5500 - 10K feet, designate target on TPOD or ARBS.

Fly toward target. But there is no MAN RELEASE que as in A-10C. Any attempt to to release weapon holding down WEAPON RELEASE trigger, or GUN/Sidewinder trigger does not release weapon.

I am having trouble getting them to work. They won't release. First the fuzing and release options don't work for JDAM. Release is stuck on AUTO. Fusing does respond to setting of NT, DL, but sense weapon won't release it is not possible to tell. Release count does not work. It is stuck on 01, and ripple is stuck on 1

So I designate ground target on either TPOD or ARBS. If with TPOD, I shoot a laser for one second to update NAV.

JD38 is selected . Master Arm:ON. Release is AUTO, Fuse: NI(nose impact tail). Master HUD mode is AG.

At alt AGL between 5500 - 10K feet, designate target on TPOD or ARBS.

Fly toward target. But there is no MAN RELEASE que as in A-10C. Any attempt to to release weapon holding down WEAPON RELEASE trigger, or GUN/Sidewinder trigger does not release weapon.

As =DECOY= from Razbam said, "they are not ready yet".

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Just makin sure I am not missing anything.

I am curious, perhaps was discussed many times. Are weapons in DCS, the code, comes from DCS, or is every developer is reinventing wheel. 4 xmple, GBU-38 (JDAM) in A-10C, and now in AV-8B, F/A-18C, and F-16 Viper. All four can carry the weapon. Logic leads to conclusion that employment and HUD symbology would be same or similar, being adjusted for specific A/C type.

Same with AIM-9M and AIM-9X (which should be available on AV-8B/NA). Is there only one authorized code for AIM-9 that is shared by developers? Or are developers write their own code to conform to envelope charts for the weapon?

Same question for MK family of bombs, and GBU(laser) family.

AGM-65H/G . On A-10C AGM-65G seems to act better then under AV-8B. Same weapon , same expected performance. But it does not feel like AGM-65G perform same under A-10C and AV8.

Just makin sure I am not missing anything.

I am curious, perhaps was discussed many times. Are weapons in DCS, the code, comes from DCS, or is every developer is reinventing wheel. 4 xmple, GBU-38 (JDAM) in A-10C, and now in AV-8B, F/A-18C, and F-16 Viper. All four can carry the weapon. Logic leads to conclusion that employment and HUD symbology would be same or similar, being adjusted for specific A/C type.

Same with AIM-9M and AIM-9X (which should be available on AV-8B/NA). Is there only one authorized code for AIM-9 that is shared by developers? Or are developers write their own code to conform to envelope charts for the weapon?

Same question for MK family of bombs, and GBU(laser) family.

AGM-65H/G . On A-10C AGM-65G seems to act better then under AV-8B. Same weapon , same expected performance. But it does not feel like AGM-65G perform same under A-10C and AV8.

Both is possible, 3rd party devs using the available weapons made by ED and also inventing new (or re-inventing existing) weapons as well.

But in DCS, mainly only the physical properties are specified and simulated. That means, if the ED variant of a weapon is used, then the effect on the target (explosion strength, visual effects, etc.) are the same, no matter which aircraft was used to employ it. Same goes for the ballistic properties, including guidance stuff. So, a GBU-38 "flies" the same, no matter who dropped it.

What is not shared across modules is how a weapon is integrated into an aircraft. For dumb bombs it is rather simple: it is attached to the aircraft, you press a button, it is no longer attached (and then the ED code for the "flying" part comes into play). For weapons with tons of electronics and their own software: every developer has to ensure that this part is simulated in their respective module. The visual representations that some weapons feed to the aircraft (EO/IR video feed, that laser spotting visual of a MAVE in the Harrier vs. FA-18, etc.) and the possible interactions with the weapon are all part of the code of the module, not of DCS:W.

Segwaying into NVG. In DCS NVG are separate system, not integrated into avionics of any specific type. It should be universally available in DCS. That is it should be available in F-5E, M2KC, all FC3. I get that cockpit lighting and code may need to be adjusted so as to not bloom out pilot vision. But I can see flying without interior lights at night , with NVG. Cockpit night lighting is terrible in Mig-29 as it is.

I noticed that you can put three GBU-38 on stations 2 & 6 but only two on Pylon 3 & 5, which is a bit strange in my mind because Pylone 3 & 5 are the most inner wing stations and should the be the strongest. Is it supposed like that, or should it be the other way round?

I noticed that you can put three GBU-38 on stations 2 & 6 but only two on Pylon 3 & 5, which is a bit strange in my mind because Pylone 3 & 5 are the most inner wing stations and should the be the strongest. Is it supposed like that, or should it be the other way round?

Hi, Dont focus on whats in at the moment, the weapon stations have not been set up yet. Its still very early and they shouldn't have gone out yet .:)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Dont focus on whats in at the moment, the weapon stations have not been set up yet. Its still very early and they shouldn't have gone out yet .:)

Ah, I really should pop into the forums more before streaming, I then would realise that the gbu38 isn't working.

I figured out mark point creation and activation so I eagerly look forward to the final implementation of the JDAM. I found the ccrp with mk82 to be quite accurate.

Quick question for DECOY, will we get that ability to create mark/target points via the TPOD? I ask because a lot of the missions I play have RED hidden on the map.