Appreciation thread - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
Krippz
Member
 
Krippz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 974
Default Appreciation thread

Really enjoying the Warbirds in DCS. The modeling is top notch. I know it’ll only get better when the damage model is rolled out. Keep up the great work guys.
__________________

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 195.201.110.22
Krippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
Rudel_chw
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Antofagasta, Chile
Posts: 5,007
Default

I would enjoy the warbirds more, if just ED kept adding assets to the WW2 pack .. currently the pack is very bare making it hard to create realistic missions at Normandy. Here is a Catalog that I made, to ease the unit selection when editing missions:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hLsOUX2Qf3oeih9zcg

.. most needed are AI aircrafts to provide opossition for the current DCS Warbirds: junkers 88, bf-110, B-26, B-24, Lancaster, Mosquito ... also, ground airfield items would be very useful.
__________________
For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
For Gaming: 27" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - MSI GTX970 - SSD 480 GB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 8.1 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 128 GB
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
ZoSo
Member
 
ZoSo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: I live on a 40' sailboat in Texas!!
Posts: 135
Default

I love the DCS warbirds.... I wish they were more popular in mp though.
__________________
ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #4
AG-51_Razor
Senior Member
 
AG-51_Razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
I love the DCS warbirds.... I wish they were more popular in mp though.

The DCS Warbirds may well become quite popular in MP once there are more things with which to to aid in our suspension of disbelief, such as what Rudel is asking for.
__________________
AG-51_Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:31 PM   #5
Magic Zach
Senior Member
 
Magic Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,515
Default

The DCS warbirds are the best quality available for any sim (with maybe one exception for the P-51, maybe). However, I'm disappointed in the aircraft selected. The only items that historically fit each other are the Spitfire, the Anton, and Normandy. I think a Gustav and a 51B/C would make a good, more fitting additions for the time around the D-day landings. For the very late-war aircraft, a different map is needed, closer or including Germany. And the P-51D-30 doesn't belong, a more fitting Mustang would have been a -20. At least there's the -25 now. On the topic of the Mustang, it really needs that higher octane.

I enjoy the DCS warbirds, but the features chosen and the types chosen don't suit me very well. I believe with more content, DCS WWII will really take off in popularity. But until then, unfortunately, I don't think the fidelity alone is enough to make up for the current dry experience available.
__________________
Magic Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:57 PM   #6
grafspee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
The DCS warbirds are the best quality available for any sim (with maybe one exception for the P-51, maybe). However, I'm disappointed in the aircraft selected. The only items that historically fit each other are the Spitfire, the Anton, and Normandy. I think a Gustav and a 51B/C would make a good, more fitting additions for the time around the D-day landings. For the very late-war aircraft, a different map is needed, closer or including Germany. And the P-51D-30 doesn't belong, a more fitting Mustang would have been a -20. At least there's the -25 now. On the topic of the Mustang, it really needs that higher octane.

I enjoy the DCS warbirds, but the features chosen and the types chosen don't suit me very well. I believe with more content, DCS WWII will really take off in popularity. But until then, unfortunately, I don't think the fidelity alone is enough to make up for the current dry experience available.
Our mustang need v1650-9
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:08 AM   #7
Krippz
Member
 
Krippz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
I love the DCS warbirds.... I wish they were more popular in mp though.
I think once we get the damage model rolled out it will help.
__________________

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 195.201.110.22
Krippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #8
Reflected
3rd Party Campaign Creator
 
Reflected's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Uluwatu
Posts: 2,525
Default

When I first flew the DCS warbirds it was back in 1.5, we only had the Mustang and the Dora over the Caucasus. Not much content to play with, but I knew there was no way back for me. After this level of realism, nothing else felt right anymore. Since then, DCS WWII has come a long way, and there is so much more in the pipeline. All this combined with the infinite possibilities provided by the mission editor, DCS WWII has made my warbird related childhood dreams come true, and more. Thank you devs, and I’m looking forward to the new stuff to be released.

S!
__________________


"The Big Show" Spitfire Mk.IX Campaign
"Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney" P-51D Campaign
"Jagdflieger" Bf-109K-4 Campaign
Follow my FACEBOOK PAGE for regular updates
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,9 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / Oculus Rift CV1
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:24 AM   #9
Andy1966
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Delaware, usa
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
When I first flew the DCS warbirds it was back in 1.5, we only had the Mustang and the Dora over the Caucasus. Not much content to play with, but I knew there was no way back for me. After this level of realism, nothing else felt right anymore. Since then, DCS WWII has come a long way, and there is so much more in the pipeline. All this combined with the infinite possibilities provided by the mission editor, DCS WWII has made my warbird related childhood dreams come true, and more. Thank you devs, and I’m looking forward to the new stuff to be released.

S!
Yes! this^^, I started DCS back when the TF-51 came out. it was version 1.2. I played aces hi, and wow, the TF-51, it was so advanced, with the clickable cockpit, even with no weapons, I was hooked on day 1. Then I got the P-51, and the learning started, Flaming cliffs, Ka-50, and P-51 was it, (Su-25 and Su-25T are still a Beast) wow times have changed, Dora and 109 were in beta, then Huey, M-2000, Mi-8. and this was all single player, I had yet to try multi player... then I learned to fly Helicopters, and the MiG-21.... the world changed again. then multiplayer, and I have met many good people I would call a friend, from many different Countries and Cultures. Then Viggen and Vegas and Normandy and the whole switch from 1,2 to 1.5 and 2.0 and 2.1... I'm getting a headache just thinking of it... Then Farmer and Harrier, and I cant list them all, F-14,18, 16.... It just keeps getting better and better. We've come a long way, and there is more in front of us than behind us. My job has kept me from flying much online for the past few weeks, but I tried a couple of missions offline and the new combat AI seem much better... Edit.. how could forget A-10C.. BRRRRITTT
__________________
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/

Last edited by Andy1966; 10-15-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:07 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.