[RESOLVED] Default task cant be deleted

MBot

Introduced with the Open Beta from today, default tasks are applied every time a mission is loaded, even when the mission was previously saved with these tasks deleted. This breaks a lot of missions as this overrides the tasks that were set up by the mission designed. For example I just saw a bunch of B-52 revert to the default CAS behaviour and go on attacking all kinds of ground targets and other aircraft strafe everything in sight.

DefaulTask.jpg.9601415445f504969f0eac7cb69c6df0.jpg

Airplane Group Default Task Unchangeable

Since the current Open Beta update (17th of July, 2019), a fault seems to have developed, forcing the default task for an airplane group in the Advanced Waypoint options. It seems to re-add or overwrite the default task (so white text in advanced task), as soon as the group is deselected or reselected.

For example, if the group's task is CAP and I delete the Default tasks (CAP), the CAP task will always reappear when the group is reselected. It appears to be overwritten as any changes made to the CAP task disappear (stop conditions, etc.). This applies to all the default tasks. A SEAD group will always regain its SEAD and Allow Abort Mission tasks, CAS groups will always regain their CAS task.

This has applied to both existing missions as well as newly created missions.

TACAN KC130

Since this last OB update, when trying to change the TACAN in the advanced options menu for the KC130, it keeps reverting back to 1 and the default radio freq reverts back to 251. This seems to be happening only in the Caucasus map and has also affected all my other existing missions on that map as well.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

I'm having this but on PG map, also its all tankers with TACAN not just the KC130. But its more than that, if you put all three in (Arco, Texaco, Shell) one might work sometimes but its very hit and miss, also sometimes it will just start increasing the range to the TACAN up and up by tens of thousands of miles.

Somethings amiss...

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

I have the same issue, what makes it hard to build an AA-Refueling-Mission at the moment :(

Edit: As a workaround I've added an additionally waypoint action after the default one to set the TACAN for the Tanker. Already tested - works fine.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS
workaround added

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Same here just spent an hour trying to set the Tacan on the tanker on a campaign I am writing. Then the penny dropped. Any idea when this one is going to be resolved. Need to get on with the missions

Thanks

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Oh man, this explains so much. I was pulling my hair out last night. Well at least I know that it wasnt me :).

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |