@YoYo Spitfire Changes 2.1?

Hi YoYo,

Have you made any tweaks to the Spitfire on the latest 2.1? There seems to be some discussion on ground-handling improvement but I'm thinking that it is just imagined.

Any feedback much appreciated.

Cheers,

Cats . . .

Hi YoYo,

Have you made any tweaks to the Spitfire on the latest 2.1? There seems to be some discussion on ground-handling improvement but I'm thinking that it is just imagined.

Cheers,

Cats . . .

No changes mentioned in 2.1 changelogs.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

It's all inside your heads... your skill has grown. :)

The only thing was wingtip interaction with concrete. If you avoid this interaction - it's only your skill.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I can say my ground handling in 1.5 is much improved (I don't have 2.1 yet), not overreacting using the brakes to steer, and using them also when landing to keep the plane straight.. well after many flights it feels natural..

It's all inside your heads... your skill has grown. :)

The only thing was wingtip interaction with concrete. If you avoid this interaction - it's only your skill.

Then how do you explain that I could land the Spit like a boss in 1.5 but somehow I manage to FUBAR it on Normandy, like every single time? :megalol:

Just joking. I imagine the dirt fields have different transverse friction values and I just have to get used to the visual cues on the new map :D

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Ground handling, at least the take off run, does feel different to me too. It's more like the original release, where it's very sensitive especially at lower speeds.

The other thing that I noticed is that the spit enters spins more easily too.

Tonight I had three flat spins on the RAF server. Two last night. I've been flying since it came out and the 2.1 version is the first time that I've entered flat spins at all.

I don't notice any sort of force feedback warning about the flat spin before I hit it, should there be?

The engine also overheats more easily during those climbs chasing pesky 109s. The white smoke signifying the overheat is nice.

With all of the above, I'm having to relearn quite a bit and change flying habits that have been in place for 6 months now.

Hi YoYo,

Cheers,

Cats . . .

We are both here from long, long time ago, You asked the guru "Yo-Yo" :) (to be clear for the future).

Ciao!

btw. I had a big problem with Spit too, but after 3 days of practice....

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

We are both here from long, long time ago, You asked the guru "Yo-Yo" :) (to be clear for the future).

Ciao!

btw. I had a big problem with Spit too, but after 3 days of practice....

:thumbup: