Elephant in the room

Kev2go

I bought this back when it first came out, However after doing more research on which Sabre blocks served in the Korea I realized we have a version that did not actually see service in korean war.

This version did not see combat use in Korea. Only F86F's block 1 - 15 and 30 did.

F1-15 initially had wing slats (like the F86A and F86E), before some of these models had retrofits to the 6-3 wing, however The F86F30 was that one was sent to korea war a full factory fresh F model sabre with the 6-3 wing to see us in the Korean war, but did not arrive to the theatre until 1953.

I mean the F86F35 is a great quality module by belsimtek, but for truly historical scenarios again the Mig15Bis, in a Korean theme we ought to have a second version included the F-86F30.

the difference between the two is the main cockpit instrument panel has a silver/grey finish and different layout, instead of the earlier ones found from blocks F1-F30 ( started in F86F35- F86F40), and that it has the LABS system as as well as a automated bombing mode secondary to the Manual mode. additionally its clearly a post Korean retorfit Sbare since it has the Missile panel installed plus ability to mount 2 gar8(aim9b) sidewinders.

Other than that the Actual Air frame, and the Engine are exactly the same. so the Flight model remains unchanged if the F86F30 were included.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

To compare The frontal cockpit instrument panel layout between the F-86F1-F30 & F86F35

eJknWs2.jpg

XimNY7C.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Given that there's no Korean map, or any specific time period for DCS, I'm not sure the fact this specific version never flew in the Korean war really is an ELEPHANT.

I suspect you're standing a little too close to the subject to see things in perspective..

:)

Cheers.

Given that there's no Korean map, or any specific time period for DCS, I'm not sure the fact this specific version never flew in the Korean war really is an ELEPHANT.

I suspect you're standing a little too close to the subject to see things in perspective..

:)

^

BST never said this was a Korean era aircraft for a Korean scenario, despite how nice that would be.

The product page on ED's website says it is a Korean War jet that fought the Mig-15.

This swept wing, single engine jet was the most important western aircraft of the Korean War and often tangled with Russian-made MiG-15s over the infamous “MiG Alley”.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

How much it matters what avionics the aircraft has... If the weapons and capabilities are same?

Like does the older one have a range finder radar?

Does the older one carry the same missiles and other ammunition?

Does the older one perform same way (acceleration, corner speed etc)?

If all those are same, what it matters if the avionics are differently placed?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

How much it matters what avionics the aircraft has... If the weapons and capabilities are same?

Like does the older one have a range finder radar?

Does the older one carry the same missiles and other ammunition?

Does the older one perform same way (acceleration, corner speed etc)?

If all those are same, what it matters if the avionics are differently placed?

because For a similar reason the current P51D was decided to get getting a rework for a specifc block, having a second version made appropriate for a given theater worked out.

IN fact thats a reason why this should be changed. because there is less work involved.

The 3 main points are the same ( minus the missiles unless you look at 1956+ retrofitted version) the actual korean era sabres ( or pre 1956) didnt have the missiles panel, or mounted gar8's they didn't exist in service yet.

And the F86F30 if you actually read my post ( or actually examine the layouts + description given in the 2 pages from the manual) doesn't just have different arrangement of avionics, the F30 does Lacks the Automatic bombing system and the LABS system for nuclear toss bombing. Considering we dont have a tactical nuclear weapon anyhow the LABS feature doesnt serve a purpose anyways. ( inefficient for the 500 or 750lbs bomb it has) the F35 version wasn't that mass produced in comparison ot the F30 or even F40 versions.

yes we dont actually have a Korean 1950-53 theatre just yet. . however These aircraft ( both F86 and Mig15) are advertised anyhow as being Korean era warbirds, for a potential Korean theatre.

Again this is no complain against the F86F35 quality as a module, just against the variant chosen. SO all i hope is that IF and WHEN a Korean theater does come to Fruition, that Belsimtek will step up Like ED is doing with the P51D, to give us a theater appropriate F86F, and the ideal version with less work involved for changes would be the F-86F30.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

^

BST never said this was a Korean era aircraft for a Korean scenario, despite how nice that would be.

The product page on ED's website says it is a Korean War jet that fought the Mig-15.

Quote:

This swept wing, single engine jet was the most important western aircraft of the Korean War and often tangled with Russian-made MiG-15s over the infamous “MiG Alley”.

He beat me to it but thank you

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

It doesn't state the version in that statement. It's a generic F-86 statement that is factually true. Misleading, but true.

Not that it matters anyway, I highly doubt BST are going to change it down to an -30 when we haven't got a map/scenario for it to warrant the effort. I'd much rather see things like the missing EGT/Torque damage added to the Huey first.

Should point out I'd quite like a -30 to match.

Edited by Buzzles

It doesn't state the version in that statement. It's a generic F-86 statement that is factually true. Misleading, but true.

Not that it matters anyway, I highly doubt BST are going to change it down to an -30 when we haven't got a map/scenario for it to warrant the effort. I'd much rather see things like the missing EGT/Torque damage added to the Huey first.

Should point out I'd quite like a -30 to match.

perhaps not now. But i was not wanting it change down to a -30, but rather added as as second version. perhaps not now, but it be criminal of them not to do so, If the time came that a 1950s Korea Era map was developed. ED did the right thing. in light of Nornady 44 they went back to Create second P51D version, because the current one we have is charactersitc of a D30 and thus a PTO theatre Stang, not ET.

Frankly though, if there any feature i would like to thsee for the Very current block F35 would be a "special store" to actually make use of the LABS system.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

You're not arguing against the OP by comparing ED to a used car salesman, are you?;)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

well that's it... I just got notification all of my Korean scenario MiG-15 kills have been nullified... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control