2.1 MiG-21 Updates

Gunny Highway

Has anyone seen info regarding the progress of the MiG-21 in 2.1? Seems rather quiet. Ive parked it in 2.1 for now, the 1.5 version is way better. My fear with Leatherneck dissolving was that the MiG-21 would not be able to keep pace with the very fluid DCS environment.

I quit Fishbed quite while ago since in VR it's unusable. Even though it is my favorite aircraft type. It is obvious devs to stop their care about this product. They haven't even commented a single post about mig for ages. So I will keep out from exLN products in the future until we see the real deal about all fancy stuff they whistle around.

Отправлено с моего SM-N910C через Tapatalk

Has anyone seen info regarding the progress of the MiG-21 in 2.1? Seems rather quiet. Ive parked it in 2.1 for now, the 1.5 version is way better. My fear with Leatherneck dissolving was that the MiG-21 would not be able to keep pace with the very fluid DCS environment.

What exactly is the reason it is not usable in VR. I remember seeing very stunning pictures of the new physical based rendering skins of the fished. So development is ongoing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

What exactly is the reason it is not usable in VR. I remember seeing very stunning pictures of the new physical based rendering skins of the fished. So development is ongoing.

It has a deal-breaking stutter problem in 2.0 and now 2.1.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the fact you guys think devs lack the integrity to be doing work when you're not looking is downright insulting.

it's even more insulting when this process of blackmailing devs for reassurances is on constant loop.

2.1 MiG-21 Updates

the fact you guys think devs lack the integrity to be doing work when you're not looking is downright insulting.

it's even more insulting when this process of blackmailing devs for reassurances is on constant loop.

+1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Mig daily, its not in a great state in 2.1...

2.1 is not in a great state and i dont blame them for waiting for a stable release before any further changes...

Works great in 1,5.? and i fly exclusively in VR...

its still the best module available currently...

VR performance in 2.1 is much lower than other modules - that and the cockpit not being displayed correctly are the only issues im having personally...

I agree the Mig 21 is spot on in 1.5. It's a superb sim.:thumbup:

However, someone has taken the time to code RSBN channels into all the air strips in Normandy! So we can fly the Mig 21 around Normandy, with RSBN navigation.:D

Once the 2.1 Shading issues are sorted out, perhaps the Mig will be adapted to fit the new engine? It seems like the graphics engine is leading the development process and the modules are in a state of catch-up?

For now, I can fly it in Normandy pretty much like 1.5. But I don't have VR.

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

In VR, it's one of the most incredible cockpits. absolutely stunning to see all of those "switches and things..." ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It's even more shocking that you can't voice valid criticism of the (increasingly worrying) state the DCS aircrafts get sold on these forums, without getting the fanboy army on your back.

Fact: After 2.5 years, half of the systems are still missing and the only feedback we get are from the graphical variety.

Leatherneck was doing a great job the first few weeks after the split, but it seems development has halted to "maintaining the status quo of september 2014".

The binary "you're with us or against us" attitude on these forums really needs to stop.

Remind me again, how long has 2.1.x been in the public domain? Is it months or years? Oh no, of course, it is just a few weeks.

So no, the comments are simply unreasonable, and the fan boy label is frankly childish and immature. Traits that go along with impatience and exaggerated comments, so much to be expected I feel.

Clearly work needs to be done, but in the meantime, there is 1.5 - the release version of DCS World, in which the MiG-21Bis performs well, even if it is feature incomplete according to some of you.

It seems people demand instant gratification as soon as an Alpha version of DCS World hits the public domain. That I am afraid will only ever lead to frustration and name calling.

Get real guys. A month is no time at all to expect results. Give them a break.

To be honest, 2.1 looks like it's been pushed just to get Normandy out of the doors and 3rd party devs didn't even get any lead time to update their aircraft to PBR before it went live. Even in-house ED aircraft are still WIP.

Poor performance in VR is also a trait of 2.1 alpha, common to all aircraft. Although fact is, MiG-21 always had below average FPS, which 2.1 only magnifies.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Remind me again, how long has 2.1.x been in the public domain? Is it months or years? Oh no, of course, it is just a few weeks.

So no, the comments are simply unreasonable, and the fan boy label is frankly childish and immature. Traits that go along with impatience and exaggerated comments, so much to be expected I feel.

Clearly work needs to be done, but in the meantime, there is 1.5 - the release version of DCS World, in which the MiG-21Bis performs well, even if it is feature incomplete according to some of you.

It seems people demand instant gratification as soon as an Alpha version of DCS World hits the public domain. That I am afraid will only ever lead to frustration and name calling.

Get real guys. A month is no time at all to expect results. Give them a break.

Thanks for exactly proving my point

Thanks for exactly proving my point

Voicing valid criticism is one thing. Not allowing the testing phase to end before sounding off is quite another, so no, you have proven no point at all beyond your unreasonable assumption that 3rd party devs have nothing better to do than cater to your every whim.

No one objects to reasoned, and considered complaints. We're just too close to the initial release for there to be any hope of a valid whinge here.

Give it a couple of months, and repost it, and maybe we'll take you seriously!

Voicing valid criticism is one thing. Not allowing the testing phase to end before sounding off is quite another, so no, you have proven no point at all beyond your unreasonable assumption that 3rd party devs have nothing better to do than cater to your every whim.

No one objects to reasoned, and considered complaints. We're just too close to the initial release for there to be any hope of a valid whinge here.

Give it a couple of months, and repost it, and maybe we'll take you seriously!

This isn't just about the lighting issues caused by the 2.1 roll out. Even some first party modules are having issues here (P51D, Ka-50). The issues to me are the flight model on the mig-21 which is still going through major changes 2.5 years out the gate, and exists in two different states on 1.5 vs 2.1. There are some other issues like with the ASP, which honestly doesn't bother me, but I think people are justified in showing some concern.

I don't see any reason to be more worried by the state of the MiG-21 than DCS 2.1 which looks pretty immature. I'll only buy the Normady theatre when a solid 2.5 version will come out. Until then, it's a waste of user's money and patience (a lot more), and a waste of development time for third parties.

Magnitude 3 is currently trying to absorb the Leatherneck split shockwave. It wouldn't sound unnatural to me if they are sorting more important things other than chasing beta bugs for a beta version of the main sim.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module