Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

So, what was changed with the folding trigger in the end? The description in English is rather awkward.

This little thing I highlighted got removed:

Untitled.png.2718eda276043247c8b0e715d8378309.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, thanks. I was afraid that the change was much more significant like relocating the trigger, etc.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

When you say all variants, you mean also the ones for Mamba owners? Or they finally went for the adapter?

AFAIK, MCG, MCG-TM, and MCG Pro; haven't heard what VKB HQ has decided to use for 5-pin based sticks - adapter or special connector for the MCG-MG. Going to ask..

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Any updates on the twist adapter for the MCG?
Nothing new shared with me. VKB HQ still plans on having the twist adapter ready for when the MCGs are available.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...

Can I please ask that once you have clarity, that you let us know not only when potential shipping dates will be, but also the option for a complete MCG with base, such that I don't have to buy a Gunfighter, then add the MCG grip later.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Can I please ask that once you have clarity, that you let us know not only when potential shipping dates will be, but also the option for a complete MCG with base, such that I don't have to buy a Gunfighter, then add the MCG grip later.

Of course - once I know that info. :)

From what I was told, once the MCGs are done and ready for prime time, they will be made the default grip for the Gunfighters (maybe for the Gladiators, too - don't know yet).

The idea is that customers can have a custom experience with VKB, so they can maybe combine the different grip design with their controller of choice, or maybe buy a deluxe version that contains the controller base and both MCG and KG12 grips. There will be a lot of options in the future. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

MCG...they will be made the default grip for the Gunfighters (maybe for the Gladiators, too - don't know yet)

In Il-2.ru UIV say that MCG don't fit for Gladiator target market - a affordable stick.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/5823-pervyj-vzglyad-na-mcg-pro/page-6#entry532661

I think that a intermediary price version between Gladiator "vanila" and Gladiator PRO, with Gladiator Mk.II base and MCG grip will have place in market. And will cost little do do since parts is already make for other products.

rrohde,

What is the cost difference between the base MCG grip and the KG12 grip? Just wondering what the final price for the MCG pro will be when it's available.

The MCG Pro's price has not been announced yet - so I don't know just yet. The standard MCG will sell for $99 - at least that's the latest info I got from the previous announcement.

• Like 1

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

#Rainer: Is the MCG compatible with my Gladiator Pro base?

I don't whether it's MkI or MKII; I received it around 10-NOV-2016

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@LeCuvier: If you take the grip off your Glad Pro, and look at the connector in the base, you can tell whether it's Mk.I or Mk.II.:

Just like my image shows, the Gunfighter on the left has the 3-pin connector, while my older Mamba on the right has the 5-pin layout:

MWp5Bwl.jpg

Glad Pro Mk.I = 5-pin, Glad Pro Mk.II = 3-pin.

That said, the MCG will be made to fit the 3-pin Gunfighters/Gladiators by default, and according to VKB HQ, there will be either an adapter to adapt a 5-pin base to a 3-pin base to fit the regular MCG connector, or - if folks prefer to buy this instead - a special 5-pin MCG variant as well that doesn't require an adapter.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Will I someday be able to purchase, from VKB, a new Gunfighter or Gladiator Pro Mk.II with the MCG Pro grip pre-attached and properly flashed and working out-of-the-box?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

That's the idea! Since the KG12 grip is the only grip currently available to VKB, that's what they use; once the MCG is out, there will be different options going on sale, including Gunfighter + MCG and perhaps Gladiator Pro + MCG kits. But so far, this hasn't been announced so we still need to wait for the official statement and details when we get there.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's the idea! Since the KG12 grip is the only grip currently available to VKB, that's what they use; once the MCG is out, there will be different options going on sale, including Gunfighter + MCG and perhaps Gladiator Pro + MCG kits. But so far, this hasn't been announced so we still need to wait for the official statement and details when we get there.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

So is there any ETA on when the new grips will be available? I'm in the market for a new HOTAS system. I think I'm going to go with an X55 throttle and the VKB MCG with a TM adapter so I can switch between grips if I want to get the Hornet stick coming out. But that doesn't fix the fact I need a base and grip to fly with in the meantime.

So is this plan possible and if so, when can I purchase the MCG and base?

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

So is there any ETA on when the new grips will be available? I'm in the market for a new HOTAS system. I think I'm going to go with an X55 throttle and the VKB MCG with a TM adapter so I can switch between grips if I want to get the Hornet stick coming out. But that doesn't fix the fact I need a base and grip to fly with in the meantime.

So is this plan possible and if so, when can I purchase the MCG and base?

The very earliest ETA based on some feedback from VKB HQ is the end of July. This is not set in stone and can slip. So please take that with a grain of salt.

Sometime in July, I also should be able to have more Gunfighter stock again, so you might want to grab a Gunfighter, either the Pro or the tabletop, and stick it out until the MCG comes out, and then get the MCG and replace the default KG12 grip with it.

You can also get a TM Warthog adapter for Gunfighter if you want to use your TM Warthog grip while waiting on the MCG to come out...

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Glad Pro Mk.I = 5-pin, Glad Pro Mk.II = 3-pin.

That said, the MCG will be made to fit the 3-pin Gunfighters/Gladiators by default, and according to VKB HQ, there will be either an adapter to adapt a 5-pin base to a 3-pin base to fit the regular MCG connector, or - if folks prefer to buy this instead - a special 5-pin MCG variant as well that doesn't require an adapter.

@Rainer: Thanks, so I have a Mk.I

Based on my experience with the WH adapter which I failed to make work, I would not buy anything that requires disassembling the grip. And I dislike adapters in general. So the Mk.I-compatible MCG would be the only solution I'd accept, unless VKB offers me a deal for a Gunfighter base (just dreaming :)).

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

...Based on my experience with the WH adapter which I failed to make work, I would not buy anything that requires disassembling the grip...

My experience exactly. Installed the Warthog adapter on a Cougar grip and put it on a Gladiator Pro Mk.II and flashed it, doesn't work. Removed the adaptor and put the Cougar grip back on the Thrustmaster base and it works fine. I'm looking now to buy a completely factory assembled VKB stick with the MGC grip attached and working out-of-the-box. Plus I don't like the idea of having to buy the KG12 grip just to throw it away. :smilewink: