use of KA-50 Abris for plotting routes in multiplayer

lefty1117

a general question for the multiplayer community and especially server admins.

Is it possible for Abris routes to be stored on the servers so that ka-50 pilots can select from a list of routes in Abris setup?

In the manual it's made clear that routes can be saved to the "hard disk" - presumably on the heli itself is what they're referring to - but I've observed that if I die or otherwise respawn I can no longer load the route. So I wonder then if this is something that can be done as part of the mission itself and stored on the server. Forgive my lack of correct terminology, I"m pretty much a noob at understanding how the server side of multiplayer works. My understanding may be completely wrong.

I ask this because, as you may know, it's a total PIA to set up routes on the Abris and to have to do it every time ... it's soul crushing!

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

I think so. The mission maker has to fly the airplane in the "prepare mission", do the various changes, and then save them. That should work. That used to work.

The ABRIS database is not stored in any way which is portable between situations. It's just as permanent as a switch being flipped up or down.