How it Works: Mi-8 Fuel System

Well, I finally found an awesome little PowerPoint plugin that allows me to save animation to new slides, so the PDF will actually make sense instead of being a jumble of text. Anyway, the first request that I saw was for the fuel system, so here it is!

There is a big difference that should be noted! In the version modeled in DCS, on the fuel system control panel, the tank pump lights are green and mean the pumps are on. In my PDF, they are amber lights that show when the pumps are off. So in my PDF, when you see the lights labeled "NO FLOW", "LEFT FAIL", and "RIGHT FAIL", those are actually going to read "SERVICE TANK ON", "LEFT ON", and "RIGHT ON", or something to that effect.

Also note that in my presentations, I am referring specifically to helicopter version that we operate, so for example when I say Mi-172, I mean the modified versions that we are using, not a plain vanilla Mi-172.

Mi-8 Fuel System.pdf

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much AlphaOneSix, your work is much appreciated! You have a job that makes me very jealous of you. :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

During flight, it's normally left in the service tank position, because you want to know right away if it's not getting refilled form the main tanks for some reason. The other positions are just used momentarily (typically). In-game, I can't think of a reason to leave it in the service tank position, so you might as well leave it in the total position.

Very nice presentation, thanks for posting this.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 1 year later...

Ice protection system and its environmental limits please.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

perfecto!

what is swapping fuel pump?

for cross feed?

Not sure exactly what you mean by "swapping fuel pump". The crossfeed is by gravity only, via two crossfeed tubes. The crossfeed tubes can be closed, but are normally kept open to equalize the fuel level between the tanks. There is no pump for moving fuel to the left or right tank.

• 1 month later...

Electrical system? Real great stuff there, come on finish the autopsy fully doctor!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.