I guess I missed the memo on tracks - they work!

Although I love to fly the 109 quite regularly, I gave up recording any flights since the tracks would not play back correctly. But, I've done 2 short flights now and both appeared to play back correctly.

Is this a fluke or did it really get fixed?

the only thing I can say is do NOT change views from F1 cockpit view. The other thing is, I dont think track recording has been fixed.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Track playbacks seem to be fixing and un-fixing themselves on every patch, with different aircraft being affected differently on different players' hardware configs :D.

I prefer not expect anything and be pleasantly surprised when a miracle happens (though I still can't fathom why certain Spitfire track played on my machine perfectly ONCE, but never played well ever again!)

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Track playbacks seem to be fixing and un-fixing themselves on every patch, with different aircraft being affected differently on different players' hardware configs :D.

I prefer not expect anything and be pleasantly surprised when a miracle happens (though I still can't fathom why certain Spitfire track played on my machine perfectly ONCE, but never played well ever again!)

100% agreement here. I couldn't have stated it any better:thumbup:

It's a sad story really. In my memory it started with one of the first 1.5 (open Alpha) versions.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah, I've been having trouble with all flight recordings on all my aircraft since I got my new computer and updated DCS to the latest patch.

It makes it very difficult trying to see where I've gone wrong on a landing or in a fight when the track shows I didn't even takeoff and just slid off the runway.

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

I noticed that the tracks get spoiled after changing any of the graphics settings.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I noticed that the tracks get spoiled after changing any of the graphics settings.

Also changes in view, replay speed, etc.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In my memory it started with one of the first 1.5 (open Alpha) versions.

The problem with tracks being unpredictably, wildly inaccurate predates even the announcement of v1.5/v2.0, by several years. I was having difficulties with tracks being a toss-up between "recorded correctly" and "recorded as if I'd fallen asleep while flying" around the time of the P-51's release, and my experience with the problem was not unusual even then.