LN's real next aircraft

Coyote Duster

I think P-38 was already as background image on leatherneck website at the launch of Mig21 module in 2014, along with another prop plane iirc, bearcat or something, I don't remember for sure.

About next LNS plane, it was speculated for a long time it could be Mig23 because of the similarities in both 3d cockpit model and systems/avionics involved...heck even I speculated about it. I would like ML, MLA or MLD version too (as long as it is the light 23 version), or how about the ground strike variant Mig 27? Or wild dreams 2in1 pack? I would buy!

However P-38 J or L is dream plane to fly around too...paired with Corsair it would be splendid. Just like in the airshow video I saw a while ago...

Edited by Spectrum Legacy
gramma

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 23 was planned at some point by LN, but this was put on hold/cancelled a long time ago. Not clear if any work was ever done on it, or if it was just a plan.

I do hope their next plane is a Soviet jet. Despite being one of the older models the 21 still outmatches many newer modules in quality, and I hope to see more like it. 23/27/22, I'll take anything tbh.

The 23 was planned at some point by LN, but this was put on hold/cancelled a long time ago. Not clear if any work was ever done on it, or if it was just a plan.

I do hope their next plane is a Soviet jet. Despite being one of the older models the 21 still outmatches many newer modules in quality, and I hope to see more like it. 23/27/22, I'll take anything tbh.

Same here! :cry:

Though the MiG-23 would be awesome! I doubt that we are ever gonna get one... :(

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Same here! :cry:

Though the MiG-23 would be awesome! I doubt that we are ever gonna get one... :(

It will come. With the demand for it expressed on the forums it would be a terrible business move for any dev to not be queuing up to do it.

It's also be a terrible move on. ED's part to shoot down Razbam unless there were already plans underway elsewhere.

So just as long as those plans don't involve VEAO or Aviodev we'll get the Flogger before the decade is up. :thumbup:

• Like 1

It's also be a terrible move on. ED's part to shoot down Razbam unless there were already plans underway elsewhere...

Or the plans were put on hold due to running into some problems, like for instance not being able to obtain a licence or a "no" from Russian authorities.

Anyway, I'm quite sure ED recognizes the lack of Russian aircrafts. If DCS wants to evolve into an combat and theater simulation over "only" a great flight and cocpit modeling there just has to be more of the Russian modules. Anything from MiG-17, MiG-23, MiG-27, MiG-29, Su-7, Su-11, Su-15, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-25 would be really welcome.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Or the plans were put on hold due to running into some problems, like for instance not being able to obtain a licence or a "no" from Russian authorities.

Anyway, I'm quite sure ED recognizes the lack of Russian aircrafts. If DCS wants to evolve into an combat and theater simulation over "only" a great flight and cocpit modeling there just has to be more of the Russian modules. Anything from MiG-17, MiG-23, MiG-27, MiG-29, Su-7, Su-11, Su-15, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-25 would be really welcome.

You forgot the Su-27! :D

But yeah... Gotta hope for mah MiG-23! :)

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

There was a comment from Wags on mudspike forums regarding the cancellation of Razbam's MiG-23, and it was along the lines of that particular project "conflicting with estabilished plans".

So, there is a high chance that a MiG-23 may be under work or is planned to be worked on by someone, in some future.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The 23 was planned at some point by LN, but this was put on hold/cancelled a long time ago.

Source?

Are you sure you are not confusing this with RAZBAM's Mig23 plans which were cancelled by ED?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Source?

Are you sure you are not confusing this with RAZBAM's Mig23 plans which were cancelled by ED?

They (Cobra/Leatherneck) have said in an old interview that they were going to make a MiG-23... But something navy related was going to come first. If someone can link the interview, that would be great! :D

Gotta hope for the "Flogger"... Gotta hope, and dream!

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

BTW the text on their website has gone a bit more red... Could this be a hint at a RED aircraft!?!? :D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Source?

'Planned' was probably too big a word to use, it has been mentioned by Cobra a few times as an attractive option due to high degree of commonality with the 21. Looking further back there was apparently an old member of the 21 team who said it was actually 'planned' but that was a long time ago. This was obviously also before the Viggen, the LN/HB split and much more we had no idea about how it influenced their plans.

So while there's no evidence they are working on it, these are still good reasons why they could do it. A lot of commonality with 21 would really lighten the workload for what is a small team now. Also a big thing is that they are looking to regain financial stability as per Dolphin's post, so a 'big' module that doesn't have to be build from scratch sounds attractive.

If we're making wild guesses as to what they are doing, I don't think the 23 is the worst gamble to make.

Edited by iLOVEwindmills

So while there's no evidence they are working on it, these are still good reasons why they could do it. A lot of commonality with 21 would really lighten the workload for what is a small team now. Also a big thing is that they are looking to regain financial stability as per Dolphin's post, so a 'big' module that doesn't have to be build from scratch sounds attractive.

If we're making wild guesses as to what they are doing, I don't think the 23 is the worst gamble to make.

I too used to think this was a possibility but Leatherneck Sims posted a while ago on facebook saying that they are not currently working on a MiG-23.

Here's the link to the comment:

https://www.facebook.com/leatherneck.simulations/posts/1846674735555196?comment_id=1846850608870942&reply_comment_id=1846933432195993&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I too used to think this was a possibility but Leatherneck Sims posted a while ago on facebook saying that they are not currently working on a MiG-23.

https://www.facebook.com/leatherneck.simulations/posts/1846674735555196?comment_id=1846850608870942&reply_comment_id=1846933432195993&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

There's always hope they'l just do another Russian aircraft. Or for that matter they have started developing it after the post.

Oh well... Gotta hope! :)

And, of course there's the possibility that someone else is doing it (if it "conflicts with already existing plans"...)! :D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Has anyone asked them about a MiG-29? Or does ED/TFC have plans to do that in their plan to make full fidelity modules of the FC3 aircraft?

And, how about a MiG-25PD (in a theoretical scenario where the MiG-23 would be in development by someone else)? O_O

But... I personally would prefer a MiG-23ML to the MiG-25PD. The MiG-23ML is just a more practical plane for the current MP meta (since it can dogfight). But the MiG-25PD would be a nice BVR counterpart to it. They would work nicely in a team! :D

And oh the missile dragging you could do in the MiG-25PD! You would go (at max speed) faster than the short range IR-missiles and only 1-2 mach slower than the BVR missiles! :O

But first... Where mah MiG-23ML!!! >:]

Edited by asla36
Missile labeling...

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Welp

29? I doubt it. However that wpuld be a module i would purchase asap if coming for real... full fidelity Mig-29A more than enough for me. However in the 29 Mig's lost that cool "Coldwarish" looks

the Mig29 has been so wide spread and exported there's lots of source material without even having the need to use Russian ones. Germany still operated the Mig29G post cold war for some years, and that American Purchased 21 Mig29's from Moldova immediately after the fall of the USSR in 1991, for evaluation and flew them in Red flag as aggressors. there are no secrets left in the Mig29A/G. By today's standards its obsolete anyhow. There have also been plenty of surplus Mig29s sold off and traded around, even by private buyers.

the Mig29A ( or comparable export derivatives of the A, like the G) should be possible in terms of having enough accessible information.

Today i think Poland still operates the 29A, and Also Romania has 20 mig29's or so but in storage.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

the Mig29 has been so wide spread and exported there's lots of source material without even having the need to use Russian ones. Germany still operated the Mig29G post cold war for some years, and that American Purchased 21 Mig29's from Moldova immediately after the fall of the USSR in 1991, for evaluation and flew them in Red flag as aggressors. there are no secrets left in the Mig29A/G. By today's standards its obsolete anyhow. There have also been plenty of surplus Mig29s sold off and traded around, even by private buyers.

the Mig29A ( or comparable export derivatives of the A, like the G) should be possible in terms of having enough accessible information.

Today i think Poland still operates the 29A, and Also Romania has 20 mig29's or so but in storage.

Well, hope someone takes the idea, i' all about a high fidelity fulcrum, and not that click-boom tinkertoy of FC3

They (Cobra/Leatherneck) have said in an old interview that they were going to make a MiG-23... But something navy related was going to come first. If someone can link the interview, that would be great! :D

This is the interview, I believe. Skip to 10:43.

*puts tinfoil hat on* imagine a Mig-29K or Mig29M in DCS :')

Or a Yak-38 and mig-27K :D

*Joins in using a tinfoil hat for increased protection against the Second Sun's rays (SS, just noticed it... ГИТЛЕР ЖИВЕТ В АРГЕНТИНЕ!!!), intelligence and logic*

I am imagining them! I can feel them! I can see... The automatic ejection system accidentally ejecting the pilot of the Yak-38, and because he/she had been given no warning of it it broke their back... The parachute has "NO FUN OR OVERLY AGGRESSIVE MANEUVERING" written on it. :cry:

Also... Where ma' MiG-23ML! :D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]