F5-E BLACK SEA RESOLVE '79 Demo Mini Campaign

SorelRo

Re-post from the Campaign Forum Section.

This is a 6-mission single player story driven campaign on the Caucasus map for F5-E. At this moment, it is still work in progress. This is done and tested in DCS 2.5 . The final version should have voice over and better briefings. The full campaign will be a 25-mission campaign.

This campaign will test your A2A A2G skills and will try to cover a variety of missions in the late 70’s.

Feedback and criticism is more than welcome as long as we keep it civil. J

I tried to put a set-list that will be close to the late 70’s history but I had to work with the DCS constraints.

As always, make sure you follow your waypoints and instructions. In the first 6 missions no F10 interactions are necessary.

BLACK SEA RESOLVE '79

April 25th 1978 the USSR Chairman Leonid Brezhnev fails sick and relinquishes the control of the Communist Party. The newly appointed Chairman, Yuri Andropov takes the reigns of the USSR but there is turmoil inside the Communist party. The party is torn between the partisans for the war in Afghanistan and the fractions against it. Andropov opposing the decision to have a military intervention in Afghanistan is losing support and in August 23rd 1978 a successful Coup d'état removes Andropov from Moscow. The country is torn and during this time on August 30, Ukraine declares its independence followed by the rest of the USSR regions.

15th October 1978 Georgia and Krasnodar declare their independence. In the following weeks the communist party is trying to regain control of the former Soviet Union. The 127th Motor Rifle Division seized Tbilisi and reinstates the Soviet leadership. The Division continues north towards Krasnodar but due to the long supply lines and the lack of support from the locals the advance stops before crossing the rivers Pshada, Afips and Bezeps

Under UN intervention, a cease-fire agreement signed on December 20 hoping for a peaceful resolve of the conflict.

The former Soviet provinces voice their concern to UN about an escalation of the conflict once the USSR troops resupplied and the weather permits. The UN agrees to maintain a peace keeping force in the region of Krasnodar and NATO forces are tasked to deploy.

The USSR declares that any foreign troops based on the territory of the Soviet Union are considered hostile.

The US president Jimmy Carter fearing a nuclear escalation of the conflict and having a low support after the Vietnam War orders the deployment of a small force formed from elements from 9th Infantry Division, 6th Cavalry AirBrigade and a MEU from 1st Marine Division.

For Air Support USAF is preparing 3 F-5E squadrons and 2 F-4E to support the ground forces. The first troops arrive by air at the end of January. Air and sea being the only valid supply route.

Your squadron is tasked to deploy at the beginning of March.

The Operation Black Sea Resolve is about to begin…

Download and the original post available here.

Edited by SorelRo

Outstanding! Looking for good F-5E campaigns, and only a few are out there in the DCS User Files.

One concern - a 25 mission campaign by a single author is very ambitious. I've seen projects like this falter and run out of steam, and nothing ever gets released. Doing this in your own time is a big commitment and it's much appreciated.

Perhaps you could release the campaign in chapters? Polish the first 6 missions, release those as Chapter I, get feedback from the community and then continue the story in Chapter II? Might help with motivation to hear people's responses along the way.

Thanks a lot for the advice. That's the plan for now. I want to get some feedback. I have a good idea where there should be more effort put into it to make this appealing. I have the time-line and the story already put down so now it is just about the grunt work. Help is always nice to have if there are any takers.

SorelRo - totally understand. I've never made a campaign, but I've done similar projects in other areas. The creation of the story is often fun, but the project bogs down when you hit the "grunt work" as you say. The motivation flags when you start the see the same tedious work has to be repeated over and over for many hours, and it's all unpaid :). That's why I'm glad you're considering releasing this in smaller chunks. Plus it can help build buzz and bring more folks aboard for your later chapters. Whatever path you choose, looking forward to trying it out and offering feedback whenever something's ready for the public!

SorelRo - I'm going to be traveling till early next week, will download it next week and give it a shot. BTW - I'm in my 40s. Some of my first memories are of the Iranian Hostage crisis. I clearly remember the Falklands War, and remember talk about the RDF being deployed to the Middle East. You've outlined a really interesting political scenario from that era. Looking forward to trying it out.

• 3 months later...

Quick update on this one. Although i don't know if anyone played the original missions so i don't know if there's a desire to keep going I kept working on this thing.

I pulled a "2 weeks for sure" moment and kept quiet for 4 months or so.

I'm at 50% building the missions, and run into interesting challenges when it comes to AI and doing what AI is expecting to do.

More to come later.

Played 2 missions today. Working fine and really fun. Would wish that the airbases selection was different so we could utilize tacan for the f5. Nice work tho

Sent from my iQE100 while I was inverted

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Outstanding! Looking for good F-5E campaigns, and only a few are out there in the DCS User Files.

One concern - a 25 mission campaign by a single author is very ambitious. I've seen projects like this falter and run out of steam, and nothing ever gets released. Doing this in your own time is a big commitment and it's much appreciated.

Perhaps you could release the campaign in chapters? Polish the first 6 missions, release those as Chapter I, get feedback from the community and then continue the story in Chapter II? Might help with motivation to hear people's responses along the way.

I agree totally with this statement. :thumbup:

I think A 4 part Mini Series would be awesome 6 missions in a chapter + a bonus mission in the end. Would help stave off the Burn out plus you could pace yourself do one-two chapters for a part one break for feedback and polish.. relax come back fresh and do chapter three-four. we can :book: enjoy the first part as you spend time on the second.

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

• 4 months later...

Hello folks,

So this is at mission 23 and there are 2 more to go. I'll need some testers if anyone has the time to go through them. At this moment there is no voice-over and the missions will come just with text. If anyone is willing to test the whole campaign before I push it out just let me know and you can have an early copy.

Cheers,

• 3 months later...