Razbam Teasing CH-53 Sea Stallion??

OnlyforDCS

Any update on this module guys? All other modules will be left in the hangar when if get my paws on this beast!! Haha!!

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
It doesn't have four engines, unless you're counting the APU? FYI no one counts the APU as an engine, in the sense that an engine generates mechanical energy for motive purposes. An APU only generates electricity.

Thank you mr obvious. :) APU is still a gas turbine, doesn't matter what it does.

• Like 1

maybe itl be the chinook.

Though TBH were still crucially missing a modern Utility helicopter such as the UH60 Blackhawk.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Not a rotorhead but the ch53 will be the first not combat asset in dcs if ever made( MI8 can be armed so...).

Seems like a huge step forward (or backward) depending on someone's point of view.

After the reactions for the NS430 module I can only speculate what the reactions will be for this.

Not a rotorhead but the ch53 will be the first not combat asset in dcs if ever made( MI8 can be armed so...).

Seems like a huge step forward (or backward) depending on someone's point of view.

After the reactions for the NS430 module I can only speculate what the reactions will be for this.

Depending on the variant, it can be armed with guns, sure it's not pilot directed guns but it can shoot back (side and ramp mounted).

• 3 weeks later...
It doesn't have four engines, unless you're counting the APU? FYI no one counts the APU as an engine, in the sense that an engine generates mechanical energy for motive purposes. An APU only generates electricity.

Within the Crane community, the APP is usually referred to as #3 :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What about the TF-51D or C-101EB? Whilst maybe the first indirect combat asset, it still has some armament to show for itself, I mean it can at least be fitted with door gunners however it will be pretty much a niche aircraft, and it's a niche that we still haven't quite got yet...

O/T and much I'm sorry for being a grumble monster here but I have mixed feelings for the NS430, the fact that it's £11 (which I know, not really bank breaking, but for a small unlicensed GPS to the point where it's name is wrong), I mean little things but... *sigh* you hopefully catch what I'm saying. I mean I'm grateful that the Mil Mi-8 got something new (considering it doesn't even have an animated tail rotor, let alone a useless eye candy winch (yeah, I know - that probably isn't BSTs fault, it's probably something for ED to implement, but I mean stock FSX Acceleration has this feature) and a seemingly function less (at least physically) cargo area I can't even enter (again stock FSX Acceleration aircraft have this) but yeah little things. It just makes the Mil Mi-8 kinda unfinished when there are so many other beautiful things BST have done.

Right back on topic

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I am pretty sure everyone has figured this out already but I think the CH-53 is a model for the marine ships and AI? :cry:

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

What about the TF-51D or C-101EB? Whilst maybe the first indirect combat asset, it still has some armament to show for itself, I mean it can at least be fitted with door gunners however it will be pretty much a niche aircraft, and it's a niche that we still haven't quite got yet...

Right back on topic

Not the same. TF51 is a free module. its just meant to give players a taste of full fidelity function

C-101EB is first step unarmed trainer. For anyone who bought module ( or plans to buy it) devs are working to incorporate the armed C-101CC trainer jet which has a secondary Ground attack function.

Similar how ED first released L39C, then the more advanced L39ZA. Anyone who buys the L39 module gets 2 versions.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of getting an official response on if this will be a high detail controllable module, or just an AI asset?

Of all the chopper names that have been thrown around the forms of "nice to have" or "I would like this" choppers, the CH-53 is my favorite. Love the size and look / attitude. Would make BlueFlag like servers more fun with its higher cruising speed that the awesome huey. (The huey is great, but 20 min of "boring flying" to get to a FARP or base is still 20 min...) 12 ish minutes seems a lot better! Hehe

Basically just asking, should I abandon hopes of flying this in a year or two or three in DCS, or is there something brewing? ;)

How does the licensing procedure go for being able to simulate a aircraft. Does each simulatons group have to get the license or once its out its available for all? Cause when you look at RAZBAM's webpage they don't have the ch-53 in there list for FSX. Only reason why I asked cause there is another group that has the ch53 for FSX. I had thought since RAZBAM was doing the AV8B was because they already had the license. I might be wrong about licensing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I am all about the Chinook.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

Brewnix , are you talking about the Nemeth version? I don't think a license goes out to a single guy and that's it......look at.how many payware and freeware versions of Tomcat there are for FSX.

And I don't recall who said it, but the CH-53 Is absolutely a combat helicopter. Sure it doesn't have offensive capabilities, but it for sure has flown into the fire, so to speak, and fended for itself with crew served weapons.