Total noob needs help with update

Gianky

Hi there.

As I wrote in the title, despite having had DCS for a long time, I played it so few that I'm basically still a noob for many things.

So, I just built a new PC and I installed again everything (DCS World is 2.5.2.20143 stable) and just finished to download the Spit yesterday: I was expecting to have all the new toys to play with, but, while I do have the CW version, I, for the life of me, can't find bombs or drop tanks.... when I get to the mission editor and try to build a flight group, the hardpoints are there, but there are no loads available.

So, what am I missing?

Hi there.

As I wrote in the title, despite having had DCS for a long time, I played it so few that I'm basically still a noob for many things.

So, I just built a new PC and I installed again everything (DCS World is 2.5.2.20143 stable) and just finished to download the Spit yesterday: I was expecting to have all the new toys to play with, but, while I do have the CW version, I, for the life of me, can't find bombs or drop tanks.... when I get to the mission editor and try to build a flight group, the hardpoints are there, but there are no loads available.

So, what am I missing?

Press "New" on the bottom to create a new loadout, then you can edit and mount what you load on your plane.

it seems to be that there are no pre made load outs as there are so few options, maybe if we had more drop tanks?

Press "New" on the bottom to create a new loadout, then you can edit and mount what you load on your plane.

Well, now, I surely couldn't let this perfect opportunity to embarass myself in front of the whole Internet go to waste, could I? :D

Thanks, razo+r, everything's in order. As zcrazyx pointed out, the lack of premade loadouts (and profound ignorance of how the editor works) fooled me into thinking there was something wrong.

in mission editor

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/zTMlVGF.png[/img]

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Loadouts seem to be saved to each task separately such as cas or cap etc.

If you change your task you will have to make new loadouts for that task.

This behavior is normal just as an fyi when you run into it.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth