Data Entry and Coordinate Management in VR

B52EW

Has anyone found a simpler way to manage entering data in VR? For instance, inputting multiple waypoints into the Mirage INS or the Viggen. It seems like a very painful process right now, and I was going to see if there was an easier way to do it besides looking at the map 50 times and writing everything down and removing the headset several times to look down.

It's easy with the vr rift controllers but as I'm waiting for support of the Samsung Odyssey controllers I just use a MOUSE or hmd pointing with the cursor.

As far as writing well kneeboard in real life is what I use until something is put into the game

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

It's easy with the vr rift controllers but as I'm waiting for support of the Samsung Odyssey controllers I just use a MOUSE or hmd pointing with the cursor.

As far as writing well kneeboard in real life is what I use until something is put into the game

Thanks for the info. I actually use the numpad for data entry and it seems to work fine enough. I don't have too much trouble with the mouse right now. They really need to add an interactive kneeboard for VR. Or at least a way to mark waypoints on the map that transfer to the kneeboard. Also providing 3 difference coordinate formats for each of the waypoints. Probably easier said than done, but this would be huge for everyone!

WAGSSSSSS WHERE ARE YOU! :smilewink:

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

All communications are already put on screen but they disappear after a few seconds. Is there a way to keep them on the screen until dismissed or be able to recall them. That should be the easiest thing to implement until a better solution can be found.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

It would be the best solution but I don’t know how easy it would be. Is the on screen communication handled by a lua? The fact that it can be turned on and off with a hotkey means that we have some control over it. Maybe it’s similar to the multiplayer chat box. I’m gonna go take a look.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Still say a text log in the knee board would be the easiest solution

I second all text speak sent to a kneeboard page with last at top order.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

it would be nice if there was a speech to text on knee board lifting VR lens to look at a paper in the F-5 for headings tacan etc if a pain since I wear bifocals for reading and need put them on as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

The kneeboard seems to be the best solution, but I think it is more long term. My idea is to have a kneeboard you can bring up on the map screen and type in or assign waypoints. Almost like a mission planning screen. You could enter waypoints and load them in all aircraft just like creating a mission with the editor. For a little more icing on the cake, you could add another feature to get updated weather reports for aerodromes which would be provided. I know this is asking a lot, but I feel like it is very doable and would be a huge evolution/addition to the game.

All communications are already put on screen but they disappear after a few seconds. Is there a way to keep them on the screen until dismissed or be able to recall them. That should be the easiest thing to implement until a better solution can be found.

Can't you look back at old message when you bring it up to type another message?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...