my samsung odyssey thread. new users like me!

hannibal

Must be gremlins in your rigs, had absolutely no issue with the Odyssey. Plugged it in installed good to go. Also for folks who think their isnt a big difference between this HMD and Rift, lol go to 1.5 pixel density or higher its amazing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_mixreal-win_mixinstall/we-couldnt-download-the-windows-mixed-reality/1235839d-3171-4555-8f04-9575e359aead?messageId=559026c1-3115-4df6-b5cf-4bebf1b2b549

dont tell me this this.

many of other people have problems, and its be determined it was due to the recent windows update.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

NOT HOW I EXPECTED TO INSTALL THE SUMSUNG ODYSSEY.

ULTIMATELY I HAD TO DO A SYSTEM RESTORE TO A POINT BEFORE A RECENT WINDOWS UPDATE.

a windows update was blocking the mixed reality software.

uninstalling that update caused my PC to blue screen.

everything worked when i did a system restore, and fortunately the problematic windows update installed with with no problems (SO FAR.. SO FAR)

:(

SCREEN IS AMAZING. RIFT IS MORE COMFY. now i have to figure out how to get it to work with DCS.

I seem to have a problem where my Samsung Odyssey seems to start in head movement mode only, so I cannot lean forward, back, left or right. I can only move my head around and my body stays stationary.... Has anyone else experienced this issue?

So I only get 3DOF and not the 6... but sometimes when I start DCS it will start with 3 and then jump to 6 after 30 seconds...

Very odd

Edited by DJSean

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 7700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus ROG Maximus IX | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080 | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i | Win 10 64bit | HTV Vive + Samsung HMD Odyssey | Twitch t.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Just use steam vr. Also with steam download the mixed reality for steam vr software in steam

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

now that i go though the windows bull crap, now i can use steamVR.

i tried steamVR before the problems, it did not work.

Must be gremlins in your rigs, had absolutely no issue with the Odyssey. Plugged it in installed good to go. Also for folks who think their isnt a big difference between this HMD and Rift, lol go to 1.5 pixel density or higher its amazing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_mixreal-win_mixinstall/we-couldnt-download-the-windows-mixed-reality/1235839d-3171-4555-8f04-9575e359aead?messageId=559026c1-3115-4df6-b5cf-4bebf1b2b549

Are you setting this in Steam VR or in DCS?

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

Dcs I leave everything off in steam vr

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

Glad you got it working. You should be able to achieve some pretty high settings with your setup.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

my setup is like your setup.. not much difference...

i have 8700K and 1080Ti

Yep, and I am running some fairly high settings. :)

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 7 months later...

I am totally not good at this. I got the Odyssey plus to day and cant figure out how to get it to work with DCS. So help want to get it going before I change over from my Oculus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

make sure you have steam installed... once you have steam app installed, get steamVR. once you get steamVR app and steam, get windows mixed reality app on steam as well.

if you have installed the headset properly on windows,

RUN THESE THREE mentioned above, then run DCS.

make sure you have steam installed... once you have steam app installed, get steamVR. once you get steamVR app and steam, get windows mixed reality app on steam as well.

if you have installed the headset properly on windows,

RUN THESE THREE mentioned above, then run DCS.

OK thanks got it to work but when I use Oculus mouse works but not in Odyssey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

• 1 month later...

I am a new plus user who has transitioned from the Vive. I have retired my Vive to my backup system. I can't see flying any sims in the Vive after using the plus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

I absolutely love my Rift, and am still hoping and holding out for an improved version of it sometime in 2019. If however, I only used for DCS - or flight sims in general - I would actually consider grabbing the Odyssey +.

But while flight sims are certainly the majority of my gaming, I do still very much enjoy Touch supported VR games as well. For those I think the Rift would be hard to beat at this time. The Touch controllers are pretty awesome. Now if Oculus lets 2019 slide by with no new PC-VR version, then I would strongly look at switching.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|