Mustang survival?

Reflected

Fw-190 as 109 use singel Stage hydraulic constant Speed Charger.

They lose Power against the Mustang around 6-7 KM Alltitude (20000 Feet) with his Gear Driven 2 Stage Super Charger.

But the Mustang like Fw-190 does realy excel from Team Work, with his low Drag Wing the 109 need Ages to catch you when you dont start a Turn Fight.

As Fw-190 can do nothing against Spit exept running away...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 1 month later...

Out of the two Allied planes (haven't tried the Axis aircraft), I personally find the Spitfire to be by far the most survivable in multiplayer. I've had several occasions where I've taken off while other players are attacking the field, and this puts the Spit right in its element - low and slow. I can easily outturn them from immediately after takeoff and take them out.

With most fights on the servers devolving into low and slow, I love the Spit. In fact, Burning Skies has no spits right now, so I decided to try out the Mustang - bad idea, got my butt handed to me trying to use Spitfire tactics, LOL...

Edit: And just rage quit - more often than not I stall the thing into the ground before they can even shoot me down! Never have that issue in the Spit... :mad: (I know full well it's just technique, but adjusting to a different aircraft takes time!). Please fix the Spitfire multiplayer problems!!! :cry:

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

So as pointed out by many already it's not only the plane but how it is used OL, i.e. brainlessly furballing in the weeds and then complaining how it doesn't perform. Yah, serves to remind me why I quit flying fighters ages ago and will never come back :mad:

If this was the Eastern Front and we had Yaks and Las against those Biffers and FWs, fine, I'd be all for turning and burning at 100ft AGL. But since this is not and the Stang was never intended for such a fight, stop the heck complaining and take her up there. And stay there fer Gawdssakes!

But don't get me wrong. The ETO saw lots of Stangs boosted to 72" and consequently, so should we. But in the meantime, either use her right or do as I do, load up some HVARs and bombs and go get those loooong utility columns instead...

/RANT ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.