Development updates?

The last development update was on April 25th, nearly a month ago now. Is there any info about the status of the project? Has something gone wrong that has delayed or stopped development efforts such that there are no updates?

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it really been that long? I know updates dropped off a bit, but did not realize it was that long. :doh:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Since April 25 we have had May Day, Cinco de Mayo, Victory Day and Mother's Day. That's a lot to recover from. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Since April 25 we have had May Day, Cinco de Mayo, Victory Day and Mother's Day. That's a lot to recover from. ;)

:D:D;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Oh no! no update?....well that's it then, game over, the sky has fallen and all is lost, we had better start a major whingeing campaign and call Luthier as many bad names as we can think of, may as well remind the world of the heinous crime that Clod was for good measure, don't forget to mention 'broken promises' and how much we had to pay......should mostly cover it.

• Like 1

Oh no! no update?....well that's it then, game over, the sky has fallen and all is lost, we had better start a major whingeing campaign and call Luthier as many bad names as we can think of, may as well remind the world of the heinous crime that Clod was for good measure, don't forget to mention 'broken promises' and how much we had to pay......should mostly cover it.

Do you always have to be hostile Bongo, no one else is been so and lets be honest it has been a long time since the update and the one sent on the 18th did contain major information regarding the alpha and since then we have all been waiting for the outcome of the "monday meeting".

Just chill dude...

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

and so it begins...

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Have none of you complaining whiny "geniuses" come up with the idea that what's currently happening in the Ukraine might have something to do with it? Ilya has mentioned before that the Ukraine situation is directly affecting people who work on DCS:WW2. I suggest you guys frigging chill - let's hope everybody working on this title and their families are still well and healthy!

Looks like the Berlin wall is back up.... People from the west is getting censored.... lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

The last development update was on April 25th, nearly a month ago now. Is there any info about the status of the project? Has something gone wrong that has delayed or stopped development efforts such that there are no updates?

Since the last update was discussing the 109 and alpha, the silence could be due to a push on RRG's part to get a playable alpha going that ED would feel comfortable with.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

There really is a point where devoted fanboism and dev worship is counter-productive to the community when an innocent question can't be asked without the pitchforks coming out…as bongo has illustrated here. That's a shame, as I hoped this might have been something learned from previous experiences. :(

• Like 1

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard

Windows 7 64 bit Home edition

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz

16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory

EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card

Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)

Samsung 840 1TB SSD

Onboard Realtek sound

• ED Team
There really is a point where devoted fanboism and dev worship is counter-productive to the community when an innocent question can't be asked without the pitchforks coming out…as bongo has illustrated here. That's a shame, as I hoped this might have been something learned from previous experiences. :(

Or both sides could see each others points and meet in the middle and really show everyone has learned something from past experiences...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Or both sides could see each others points and meet in the middle and really show everyone has learned something from past experiences...

Nah, past experience has shown that someone will get stabbed with a pitchfork. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

and who in their right mind, would come out to address an angry mob carrying pitchforks?

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Damnit!!...I forgot to include use of the term 'fanboi'

and who in their right mind, would come out to address an angry mob carrying pitchforks?

where is that angry mob?

although im sure that many people are disappointed with the current situation, the questions were all brought up in a legitimate manner and also at a legitimate point...

mocking posts with the obvious intention to heat up the discussion, may in the end lead to an angry mob becoming vocal.

where is that angry mob?

although im sure that many people are disappointed with the current situation, the questions were all brought up in a legitimate manner and also at a legitimate point...

mocking posts with the obvious intention to heat up the discussion, may in the end lead to an angry mob becoming vocal.

They are just warming up, it always starts with the 'legitimate questions', give it time and my first post will be pretty much the standard script.

i really do not think so bongo...it didnt happen with my thread a while ago either...of course there will always be a few, who do go over the line of adequate behaviour, but the majority does not.and the few posts will be moderated as in any other thread.

and yes, then your post might fit...but why not wait with your post for those who come with the pitchforks?

now it really looks, as if you just provoke the OP and everybody else who may want to ask a similar question in future.

i think, although we probably get no direct answer until luthier or co decides to make the next update at any point, such threads, as long as they keep civil, are good, as it keeps the forum alive.

with what was said in the last updates, and the now following silence, i think everything is possible!

i myself hope, that we really may get an update soon which states something like:"ok guys here it is, downloadlink for the 109 alpha version"

now you can call me a naive optimist :)

Sounds like a legit strategy, just add my missing key to the list and then the planets will be in alignment

:lol:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro