Changelog ?

GunnyCook

Could someone please point me in the right direction, i noticed a large update today but cant seem to find any documentation on whats been changed.

Thanks in advance.

S~

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Thank you for the quick responses.

S~

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

So the patch was multiple gigs for those items listed in the change log.... what the actual heck? 8+ gigs of corrections.....? How?

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Ok, so they just basically overwrite entire portions of the game. Even though the changes may appear minor or “small in file size” - they might be, but to integrate with everything else, it requires larger portions of the game to be rewritten. Thanks for the clarification

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

As a note when it asks you to update. On the left is a link to the changelog

Here you go dude

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3423375&postcount=5

I always click 'Update' right before I remember this tip! .... and I always say "Duh!" right after. Once you have clicked 'Update' it is a pain to find the patch notes (hence how I found this thread searching for them).

Thanks for the tip!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I always click 'Update' right before I remember this tip! .... and I always say "Duh!" right after. Once you have clicked 'Update' it is a pain to find the patch notes (hence how I found this thread searching for them).

Thanks for the tip!

Changelogs are always posted here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3423375#post3423375

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

They don't "patch" each file, they replace the complete file.

Please don't Assume you know how the Build System works.

So the patch was multiple gigs for those items listed in the change log.... what the actual heck? 8+ gigs of corrections.....? How?

What HiJack said + there's always a bunch more stuff that changes that's just not in the patch notes.

Ok, so they just basically overwrite entire portions of the game. Even though the changes may appear minor or “small in file size” - they might be, but to integrate with everything else, it requires larger portions of the game to be rewritten. Thanks for the clarification

Lets Go over this:

MP. Fixed issue when client can only see up to 5 ground units that are stationary.

MP. Ground units will be able to activated on client.

MP. Fixed crash on P-51D MainPanel:update_arguments().

MP. Client in multiplayer will see missiles of SAM launcher after its rearming.

MP. Fixed issue when player can't join server with password if he previously enter incorrect password.

MP. Stingers and Igla missiles will be visible for Clients.

MP. Fixed multi-monitor setup crashes when joining or hosting multiplayer game.

These alone are dozens of DLL/LUA Files.

Some of the DLL Files would be a hefty size, you simply cant ""Patch"" the line of code, the Entire DLL needs to be re-compiled from the project source. Then every corresponding DLL File needs to be re-compiled to contain the same version numbers for the protection system to protect them.

Speed indication on external view status bar will show more number positions.

Aircraft AI will take damage after collision with trees.

Same as Above, a few LUA and DLL files.

Enemy Within campaign. Added Doc folder and corrected missions.

Museum Relic campaign. Added corrected missions, version 2.6.

A-10C. Typo correction German A-10C manual.

Mi-8MTV2. Spring Tension campaign updated for DCS 2.5

Mi-8MTV2. Wrong reading of the working pressure in the hydraulic system fixed.

A10C Sturmovik campaign adapted for DCS 2.5.

Updated Campaigns, they run about 75-300+ MB depending on Voice Overs, Graphics and Documents.

These would only download if you own them, and they were not previously installed

Stryker M1128. Corrected machine gun position.

Corrected waterline level of several amphibious ground units.

Likely LUA Edits and maybe some EDM Changes.

NS430. 2nd ref wpt for user waypoints is calculated incorrectly when changing distance manually.

NS430. Approach data errors: KHND.

NS430. Menu button breaks Right Knob.

Again, Even small changes would require protected DLL Files to all be re-compiled.

Updated and corrected Vegas tour missions.

Again, MIZ Files are often larger when they contain custom Voice over's etc.

Fixed issue when trigger zone can't be moved.

GUI. The open mission panel. Sorting order in mission list will be saved.

Likely LUA Edits, and a few DLLs to re-compile after GUI Changes.

Increased max number of sound hosts for avoidance runtime errors in complicated sound conditions with many sound emitters.

Likely A Bunch of DLLs re-compiled.

L-39. Update training missions.

Same as previous Mission/Campaigns, depends on content in the mission.

They range between 8 and 60 MB each.

Fixed crash when player switches to another aircraft on the ship's deck.

Likely a Bunch of LUA an DLL Changes.

Georgian Hammer with CA campaign adapted to DCS 2.5.

Another Campaign Updated.

And this doesn't count:

-Shader Updates

-Daytime/Night-time/Season Texture Changes.

-3rd party Aircraft Texture Changes and Livery Updates.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs