Logbook Statistics.

FlankerMan

Hello, everyone! I thought this would be the right place to put this, as it's sort of chit-chatish. Anyways, I was wondering what you guys do with your logbook. Do you have multiple personas? Do you ever delete personas? How do you start out, when deaths look like a big deal, when there aren't very many kills beside them? As of right now, I just have one guy, and I've had plenty in the past that I've deleted for some reason or another. My current one is relatively new, just with stats from doing Fortress Mozdok again, as well as a few Su-33 flights.

So, just asking for thoughts, as I like to always have a clean sheet, but I also like to have some old records. Do any of you have a different guy for each aircraft? Once I did that, though not right now. By the way, one thing I like to do to keep a clean record is if I get shot down, but I'm still alive (as in, I can now eject), I just exit the mission, and the death/ejection won't show on my logbook, because it didn't actually happen!:thumbup:

Interesting questions...

I have 4 pilots in my logbook and I started them with little thought. In hindsight, here is how I should have done it:

1. one pilot for messing around and trying new things, not worrying about getting killed

2. First serious pilot to use when I mean business and want to track my performance. Use that pilot for a year or two (as longas I am a trainee).

3. Third pilot to use once I'm over the trainee period. Hopefully this will show better stats than the trainee. Use that until I think I'm a seasoned pilot.

4. Fourth pilot to start when I think I'm an experienced pilot

And so forth. This will allow me to really track my progress.

I would not delete a pilot just because the stats show that I have a problem, or exit the game because I'm going to have to eject etc.. This is a game, and it's my game. So why destroy evidence?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have cleared out old pilots over the years because I sometimes deleted the Savedgames DCS folder for clean installs. I did things like have a US pilot, a Russian pilot etc. at one stage.

I kind of regret not having used one pilot over the years to see how many hours I have logged on each virtual airframe.

I think in this day and age it would make sense for the log to be linked to your DCS account and synced to the cloud.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Cared for this function somewhat while it was working and I was new to DCS like OP :). Then, in '15 or '16 it got bugged and was not registering flights for many months until fix came. It works now, but with a chronological "hole" cause by the bug, plus using three separate installs of DCS at some point, it stopped being indicative of my flight time anyway, so I'm not bothered now.

You never know when it's going to get broken again, and as with everything in DCS it's a question of "when" rather than "if" :D.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have cleared out old pilots over the years because I sometimes deleted the Savedgames DCS folder for clean installs. I did things like have a US pilot, a Russian pilot etc. at one stage.

I kind of regret not having used one pilot over the years to see how many hours I have logged on each virtual airframe.

I had the exact same experience .. lost all my early logbooks that way :(

Also, the DCS Logbook was bugged for a very long period, where it would just not register flight hours by aircraft type ... I got fed up on it and started to keep my own logbook in Excel .. I fill a record after every flight, yeah, I know its kind of manual labor, but its a good place to keep small notes to register what weapons or tactics work and which dont, it looks like this:

l7az24L.jpg

It also has the advantage that it allow me to record the Multiplayer flights, which I believe the standard Logbook dont record.

I think in this day and age it would make sense for the log to be linked to your DCS account and synced to the cloud.

I would love such a feature ... hope that ED would implement it, and also I would like the ability to save a short "notes" field at the debriefing screen at the end of the flight.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB