diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the Mig-27 is a better bet. After all 90% of the avionics are done and it has a fairly simple cockpit. It would actually be a neat airplane to fly, fast enough to justify hunting A-10s, but principly a light bomber (I have seen photos of them with SPPU-22s)...

I think Mig-23 could be interesting ONLY if they model the M version, or the most modern ones, because old Mig-23 could add nothing but the same well known older radar and weapon systems.

Somebody with high reputation in Russia ( a friend of mine ) told me that the radar of the Mig-23M was fairly superior to the initial radar of Mig-29 early variant ( 9-12 ) and Mig-23 pilots were more capable to gain advantage with this radar than in the Fulcrum.

About Mig-27 is the same case, if modern variants with laser designators and visor systems in the nose are modeled, yes i agree. But if we could have the older ones , IMHO is a repetition of the same capabilities of the Frogfoot but in a faster jet.

Mig-27.jpg

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

F-16 maiden flight 1974, Mig-23 maiden flight 1967:

After the US received Egyptian Mig-23MS during the 70's :

"The Dutch pilot Leon Van Maurer, who had more than 1200 hours flying F-16s, flew against MiG-23ML Flogger-Gs from air bases in Germany and the U.S. as part of NATO's aerial mock combat training with Soviet equipment. He concluded that the MiG-23ML has superiority on the vertical plane over early F-16 variants, is just slightly inferior to the F-16A on the horizontal plane, and has superior BVR capability.

The Israelis tested a MiG-23MLD that defected from Syria and found that it had better acceleration than the F-16 and F/A-18.

Another MiG-23 evaluation finding in the US and Israel reports was that the MiG-23 has a HUD that doubles as a radarscope, allowing the pilot to keep his eyes focused at infinity and work with his radar. It also allowed the Soviets to dispense with the radarscope on the MiG-23. This feature was carried over into the MiG-29, though in that aircraft a CRT was carried on the upper right corner that can act as a radarscope as well. Western opinions about this "head-up radarscope" are mixed. The Israelis were impressed, but an American F-16 pilot criticizes it as "sticking a transparent map in front of the HUD" and not providing a three-dimensional presentation that will accurately cue a pilot's eyes to look for a fighter as it appears in a particular direction."

Cheers.

Mig-27ML (Indian)

upgradedcockpit5zl.jpg

Nice cockpit. It has a good balance between digital and analaog indicators. I like it.:thumbup:

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

I think Mig-23 could be interesting ONLY if they model the M version, or the most modern ones, because old Mig-23 could add nothing but the same well known older radar and weapon systems.

Somebody with high reputation in Russia ( a friend of mine ) told me that the radar of the Mig-23M was fairly superior to the initial radar of Mig-29 early variant ( 9-12 ) and Mig-23 pilots were more capable to gain advantage with this radar than in the Fulcrum.

About Mig-27 is the same case, if modern variants with laser designators and visor systems in the nose are modeled, yes i agree. But if we could have the older ones , IMHO is a repetition of the same capabilities of the Frogfoot but in a faster jet.

Mig-27.jpg

As I have a fetish for soviet/russian jets (seventies and eighties particulary), I have an irresistible urge to say that the plane on the left picture is a MiG-27M (or D, they are hard do differentiate; with Klen-PM laser target designator in the nose, IIRC), and the plane on the right is a MiG-27K (with Kaira laser/TV target designator)... I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone... It's just important for me... Yeah, I know I should get councelling.

С уважением,

Tompax (>o<-<

My opinion is that the MiG-23 in any version should be included in the upcoming DCS developments. This a/c was a work-horse like the F-4E/F in the Cold War. I admire the F-4 series and when I see the bone yard at Tucson AZ where all the birds get their funeral, I realy get sad...

E-3B Sentry --Don't leave without 'em--

Sorry, Tompax, you cant offend me. You are only correcting me . Thanks.

It´s obvious that i have made a mistake writting the letters and changing the side of the models.

You are totally correct. The K is on the right and the M on the left.

Sorry again and thanks for clarify this...

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4