Atrocities

LowRider88

Please excuse me if this has been suggested before.

Please also excuse me for having a black heart.

In other sims like IL-2, and Janes USNF, it was possible to shoot down the pilot after they ejected.

Not saying I want to do it, but it is much more realistic than flying into the pilot and his parachute and have absolutely nothing happen to the players plane.

I feel so lucky to have abandoned the Multiplayer arena :pilotfly: ... single player is so more fulfilling :smilewink:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Not only did I do it in Falcon 4.0, they actually had a sound for when it happened. (A man screaming in terror.)

I once set it as the sound for an early wake up alarm. Once.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

I mean, not sure what the outcome was, but I was messing around on the Hoggit Training server one day shooting down the C101s in the F18, one of my missiles locked onto one of the guys in a parachute. I'll see if I can locate the Tac View for it.

Not only did I do it in Falcon 4.0, they actually had a sound for when it happened. (A man screaming in terror.)

In the Gazelle, the pilots scream when shot...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Think you could post that file in User Files?

That could come in handy in so many ways.

Now how the hell do you hear a guy on a chute screaming in a Fighter jet with the canopy closed going 300kts :dunno:

Falcon is suppoed to be the holy grail in realism ...:music_whistling:

:P:P:P:P:P

Think you could post that file in User Files?

That could come in handy in so many ways.

Use the Wilhelm scream. Every movie in the last 40 years did:

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

• ED Team
Please excuse me if this has been suggested before.

Please also excuse me for having a black heart.

In other sims like IL-2, and Janes USNF, it was possible to shoot down the pilot after they ejected.

Not saying I want to do it, but it is much more realistic than flying into the pilot and his parachute and have absolutely nothing happen to the players plane.

Hi

this is not something we would want to add to DCSWorld.

thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think I agree but also can't help thinking that it is a bit of an arbitrary line given that we can drop cluster bombs on cities :music_whistling:

But, why would you need such a feature? :huh: .. we are here for the aircrafts, not the gore, isnt it?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

But, why would you need such a feature? :huh: .. we are here for the aircrafts, not the gore, isnt it?

That's why i agree. Just pointing out that its a bit weird though as air combat is inherently violent and gory so any line we draw can only be arbitrary. :dunno:

Mind DCS has no age limit - we won't see anything "disturbing".

Indeed. Which is why that chap with an Igla just gently lies down for a nap after you've hit him with a burst of 30mm.

I'm OK with this - I've had enough actual real blood and gore and shit to not seek it in my relaxation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

Indeed. Which is why that chap with an Igla just gently lies down for a nap after you've hit him with a burst of 30mm.

I'm OK with this - I've had enough actual real blood and gore and shit to not seek it in my relaxation.

No one said gore is needed.

By the same reasoning it wouldn't be an issue to have animation of a pilot " fall asleep" in his chute when straffed mid air, and/ or have parachute collapse if hit with ammo and cause pilot to plummet to the ground.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

i would also add it would be a neat feature in turn to have the ability of a parachuting pilot to be able to whip out thier service pistol and fire at aircraft attempting to strafe them.

It would make quite an achievement and very meme worthy moment in the exceedingly rare inststance that a pilot manage to "snipe" an adversary pilot through the canopy

img.jpg?width=980

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hi

thank you.

Thanks for letting us know your stance.

ah well maybe the modding community with have the boldness to do what ED is unwilling to do.

After all the modding community already made this

66CsIAu.png

bJV4fFv.png

These are the sort of cool stuff we know we cannot expect from ED . Its nice to see the modding community taking inspiration from rise of flight but putting a modern spin on it.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

i would also add it would be a neat feature in turn to have the ability of a parachuting pilot to be able to whip out thier service pistol and fire at aircraft attempting to strafe them.

It would make quite an achievement and very meme worthy moment in the exceedingly rare inststance that a pilot manage to "snipe" an adversary pilot through the canopy

img.jpg?width=980

+1!

giphy.gif

Hi

thank you.

There, boys and girls, the general has spoken!

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Thanks for letting us know your stance.

bJV4fFv.png

this picture reminds me.....

can we get a backseat gunner for the yak-52?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

img.jpg?width=980

You could, probably still can, do that in Warbirds. Can't remember, but I'm pretty sure you could shoot chutes as well. For realism I think we should have chute shooting (not in any way a priority). If a plane crashes, we can shoot the pilot I think. For chuted pilots on the ground, everyone here has run over them with an airplane on ground.

Historical note. Air Marshal Dowding, the commander in BoB, stated in effect, it would be ok for German pilots to shoot chutes over England but not okay for British pilots to do the same. Reasoning being that English pilots shot down over England would fight again while German pilots would become prisoners. The logic of warfare. In the event, chute shooting was next to non-existent on both sides because neither sides had the stomach for it.

Source Len Deighton's book Fighter about the Battle of Britain.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))