MP Servers: Use DCS Voice Chat

wilbur81

I wholeheartedly understand your point of just not wanting to bother with a plethora of different software pieces that all basically do the same, but then I'm not all that hopeful that this 'weeding out the bugs' is a matter of short timescales mostly hampered by lack of user feedback.

I wholeheartedly understand your point of just not wanting to bother with a plethora of different software pieces that all basically do the same, but then I'm not all that hopeful that this 'weeding out the bugs' is a matter of short timescales mostly hampered by lack of user feedback.

Fair enough.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

For me personally the biggest problem is, that it is not yet interacting with the radios, so you can't tune into a frequency via the ingame radios (like srs).

The secont problem is, that we from our comunity have already a discord with all the news and stuff so everybody who wants to fly joins the discord first anyway, so no reason to use the new voice chat.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

SRS is far superior for Coms and it will be for a long time ahead probably.

I see no reason to put my VR and run DCS for preflight or debrief looking at tacview(for example) when TS is much more feasible, doesn't take 15 minutes to load and it is not 180GB. So is the reason I see the DCS Voice as completely useless feature in it's current state.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well.

Sigh...

This has to work with the in-cockpit radio only. And in multiplayer if you tune your radio to the same frequency, you should hear people speaking on that channel. If you speak on a frequency ALL pilots on the same channel should hear it regardless of third party nicknack.

That way you make third party stuff redundant and plane from DCS will work as intended.

So imagine logging on to a server. People are on teamspeak, discord, srs. And you just have DCS. you set the correct channel and can speak to them so your voice comes through the game regardless of other external coms.

Are people going to sing and be jerks? No more than goes on today. Change channel, your good.

I belive this to be the right way forward.

What about SU25T, and FC3? Well, an easy small interface box with the frequency and up and down boxes for manual and channel select. Make it small, moveable and hideable.