Yet another warthog slew upgrade - Page 47 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 11:11 PM   #461
chief

Awesome stuff. Glad you got it on your hands. Mine's taking longer than my virpil! Lol
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:58 PM   #462
SilentWarrior

Just got mine. Its awesome, copy pasting a review I left on Facebook for future reference :

Someone was asking for a review, so :

Quote:
I can do it.

Purchase, basically I tried it and it failed on me. Something about my card and their payment service. It could have been some protection on the side of my card company since they (my card company) had me go some security procedure a few days later. Something about a “verification.disabled_reason” property having the reason but being disabled

Emailed them about it and they quickly replied. I then tried with PayPal and it worked.

However I was busy with other things and between the first and the second try a few days went by.

By the time I paid the deadline for the order had passed and the order was sent back one month.

Emailed them explaining and they were very cool about it and acknowledged my error and did an extra unit for me on that batch. Thumbs up!

Anyway, I wait for it to get here and it comes in a very big package (20cm by 10 by 10) for the contents: a small plastic bag. However the package had massive amounts of padding and I bet you that it could have fallen off a building and not damage the contents

Anyway, there is inside 2 “plates” of hard and thick plastic. One round and another square. They serve as “guide” for the edges of the thumb switch so that when you slew around you can get a more joystick feel or a more industrial machine feel (I choose the square one for the industrial machine feel).

Also inside is the unit itself, it doesn’t need any assembling except for fitting it inside the throttle and securing it on the plate from the outside with 2 screws.

Comes with 4 screws even though you only need 2 and also comes with an Allen key for it. Basically don’t need to fetch for special tools. All included.

Included is a piece of paper with the usual welcome and thank you and also links to updated instructions.

Opening those, they are very detailed and with all sorts of “please be careful about this because that, so do this first and check that before you screw it up” and that’s a really nice touch, read it and you won’t get caught off guard.

Installation is simple, takes like 2 minutes if you have done it before. 10 mins tops if you set it on a table scratching your head thinking “now what?” and start looking for instructions and following them 1 by 1.

To be fair, it prob wouldn’t need instructions as it’s so easy.

Anyway after it is installed just plug it on the computer and run the Thustmaster calibration app. They include a link on their instructions to a modified one, it’s same as original but with less deadzone (they explain this fact too, another nice touch).

Run it, open the game and it works.

Remove all the previous curves and such and just add one with 10 so it’s a tad more precise at the center.

Review of its performance: it’s awesome, specially compared to the original.

With this you can actually track a moving vehicle without locking.

You also can slew the Maveric to something. This you couldn’t do with the original as it was too imprecise.

When you push to the edges it goes really fast but at the center it’s really smooth. It also has a big range of values in between.

It’s not as precise as the Warthog joystick but it has about what it feels like 10 “layers” of speed all the way to the edge. Meaning you can control how much speed it slews very easily.

The deadzone at the center is still too big, since they explained how to change it, I am going to try and lower it. Original had value of 10, this one has value of 5, and still think it can be lower as there is almost no swingle at the center.

A nice surprise: it has click function when you press on it. So you don’t lose any functionality at all. It’s a win win. (somehow I was expecting to lose it) the whole unit sits on top of a plate with a button, so you can press down at any angle and it will push down and do a click.

The button itself is beefy, it’s made of very thick plastic and it’s slightly texturized. It doesn’t feel like those cheap 3D prints either, it feels like it was made of powdered plastic. It’s awesome.

It works like a thumb switch from a PlayStation or Xbox. It doesn’t slide sideways like the original but instead it pivots.

This means it doesn’t get stuck on plastic with plastic friction like the original and also means you get more movement on the tiny space you have.

And it doesn’t touch the other buttons.

Sometimes on the original I would slew right and touch the coolie and change my MFD (argggh), does not happen with this one. It’s also not too raised, so switching from slew to coolie and back feels nice and natural, unlike the original and some other mods I tried.

Order and delivery process : 4/5 (4 because of having to wait for a batch, awesome otherwise)
Installation: 5/5, no messing with software, no patching your firmware, just remove original, fit new one, plug it in, re-calibrate and go.
Quality and robustness : 5/5, it’s plastic but it’s thick and awesome
Feeling and usage: 4/5, it is not as sensible as the joystick but doesn’t need to be. The deadzone can be lowered. It’s prob 5/5 once I lower the deadzone and try with other curves.

Is it worth the money and wait? Yup. Problem now is that my slew is higher quality than the rest of the throttle (first world problems)

Hope that helps.

PS: only had time to try it for 10 minutes or so on the A10C but insta buy if I had tried it elsewhere as I liked it a lot instantly.
Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen!
SilentWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:48 PM   #463
Madbrood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarrior View Post
Just got mine. Its awesome
God damn it, the waiting is getting too much!

DCS: F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E
Madbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:55 PM   #464
Deltaalphalima1

Just a quick update for everyone -
Sorry for being a little quiet over that last few weeks - I have been extremely busy shipping as many orders as I can. Thank you very much to everyone who has left feedback or comments, I can't reply to everyone but they are all very much appreciated!

Orders are still progressing nicely everything up to #1251 is now shipped, and I should be able to continue with around 20 orders per week for the foreseeable. (Orders #1252 - #1272 shipping next week).

Thanks again for the continued support

www.deltasimelectronics.com
Deltaalphalima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:04 PM   #465
jnr4817

Sweet thanks
jnr4817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:06 PM   #466
j-tk

Just got mine, great tracking, was able to follow it from all the way across the pond! Took me about 25 minutes for install and calibration, works so well now!
j-tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:53 AM   #467
chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-tk View Post
Just got mine, great tracking, was able to follow it from all the way across the pond! Took me about 25 minutes for install and calibration, works so well now!

Huh? Tracking? I asked Damien for a tracking number and he told me there wasn't one.

Oh never mind. He said it can't be tracked from UK to Canada. Thought anything could be tracked but oh well. I'll wait.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:33 AM   #468
Madbrood

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-tk View Post
Just got mine, great tracking
No tracking for me, and I'm only in Scotland! Still waiting for mine to arrive - hoping to have it before the weekend!

DCS: F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E
Madbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #469
tribundf

Just ordered mine. Excited to get it. Order #1334. This is going to make the slew control like a charm!
tribundf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 01:45 AM   #470
chief

Mine arrived today. Installed it very easily. Like someone described the other night on a server.... Is a game changer. Thanks Damien!