Radar return to default elevation

Nightwolf

I don't really know if this is on purpose or not, but every time I lose an STT or TWS lock on someone, the radar reverts to level elevation. This makes it slow and difficult to reaquire a lock when the target is relatively close and above me, because I then have to slew the radar back up (Which is slow), and then lock it again. This delay has caused my death multiple times because by the time I reaquire, I am fully defensive and I can't get a shot off. Does this happen to everyone? If so is there maybe a way to speed up the radar azimuth slew speed?

Edited by Nightwolf

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

you can actually assign an axis for the radar elevation, but using it can be tricky. I tried this out on my TM TWCS 2-axis ministick. This did not work good (the ministicks pops back to the center, but the feedback on the radar elevation was very fast) but it can be an option if you happen to have any spare axis sliders available.

Im so happy that I found DCS, the free time i might have had - gone :suspect:

It's been reported as a bug in this post here listing a bunch of bugs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3301945&postcount=1

So it's not on purpose. Unfortunately I have yet to scrounge up the money for a decent hotas like a warthog so I don't ever have enough buttons or axes to do something like that ;)

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin