Radar not locking

escaner

Yesterday I was intercepting a medium sized transport (campaign mission), aspect hot in HFR, Mach 1.2 closure. I detected it at about 60-70 NM, but I never could lock it into TWS. When it was far, I had an overstriken PSIC message in the HUD, but not anymore at closer distances. I even tried to go medium PFR (also could not lock it) and BFR momentarily. When it disappeared from the radar (2-4 NM I'd say), as I had a tally, switched to a close combat mode and it locked instantly.

Throughout the intercepion I didn't see a trace of ECM.

How come I could not lock it? What is that crossed PSIC message (I was trying PID, not PIC)?

While we are at it... is it possible to move back from PIC to PID without completely unlocking the target?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a bug when you jettison your tank and don't select gun/missiles again that prevent radar lock. It's like your tank ghost is still selected.

Crossed PSIC (poursuite sur information continue) means that the current condition don't allow PIC lock (STT). In your situation you were too far and the bug prevented you from locking in PID (TWS)

When you have a lock on a contact the lock button switches between PID and PIC providing that you are able to PIC your target.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I thought that selecting 530D was obligatory to get a lock and now I figure why :) Is it going to be fixed any soon?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I thought that selecting 530D was obligatory to get a lock and now I figure why :) Is it going to be fixed any soon?

I think it has been acknowledged by the devs, you can get a lock in any mode and long as you don't have the drop tank selected ;).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The bug occurs (apparently) with any non-AA payload selected.

The (current) workaround is to be sure to deselect any AG or fuel tanks payload.

I think that this bug lead people to think that you have to have an AA weapon selected to be able to lock, which is in fact wrong (it already works OK in DCS in simple NAV mode for example).

++

Az'

spacer.png

• 1 year later...