Custom Plane Skins and Multiplayer

Sir Gus

No.

Well said :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

when we have Specialized MP events in my group we put a Pre-Assembled pack online to be installed before joining the server, other wise you'll see the default textures.

That method alone works the best IMHO.

Integrating a System, where A User can join a Server and select his custom skin and the server has to coordinate sending it to everyone else at the tune of 50-500+MB Per Livery would start to stack up, plus it would be Very troublesome when you got these users that wanna do nothing but show off non-combat liveries to everyone in the server and they'd keep switching liveries putting a strain on the server.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

when we have Specialized MP events in my group we put a Pre-Assembled pack online to be installed before joining the server, other wise you'll see the default textures.

That method alone works the best IMHO.

Integrating a System, where A User can join a Server and select his custom skin and the server has to coordinate sending it to everyone else at the tune of 50-500+MB Per Livery would start to stack up, plus it would be Very troublesome when you got these users that wanna do nothing but show off non-combat liveries to everyone in the server and they'd keep switching liveries putting a strain on the server.

Hey Skate, a quick side question regarding custom skins in mp..

Normally you would install a personal custom skin in .../savedgames/liveries/....

So when a skin pack is provided, do these go in the savedgames as well, or do they get installed within dcs?

I guess there would have to be net communication to show that Player X is using a partucular personal skin, different to Player Y.

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

@gus

Not when comes to nitwits painted flying circus style or with anime teen girls on them. There are dozens of REAL squadrons ingame already. Don't need the fantasies flying around forcing you to download their gaudy, tasteless crap, or everytime he updates his kill tallies, and that is what this ends up in. Been there, done that already in various games/clans in the past.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

yes but as an option

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C