Control help

HoYa

I just started playing DCS, and I can already tell this will be the most frustrating, hate filled, horrible game I will ever love !

I'm interested only in the f15c and the a10a, but since I bought the thrust master warthog, there are so many buttons that just figuring out where everything should go will take months. Does anyone have a list of control commands that I could copy to get going? Thanks to anyone that replies

HoYa

Heres a link to downloadable profiles.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=70&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

...and heres an A/A setup.

I'd add a few things for A/G to this for A10A. Weapon change, Cannon on/off, salvo mode,CCRP mode, weapon mode single/prs.

Edited by cthulhu68

On page 2 of link I provided is a set of profiles called Polaris and Shnix for all aircraft. I looked at it and it seems pretty confusing but try that if you like.

I always manually input control setups manually in DCS.

Using pic I provided before you can set up in DCS. We'll set up CMS controls for example

Open DCS options and click on controls.

Top left choose which plane to setup( A10A)

Next to planes scroll down to countermeasures to open up sub menu (pic1)

Click on box that intersects countermeasures flare dispense with your warthog stick column.

On bottom of screen click add and the add assignment box opens. (pic2)

When this box is open you now press whatever button you want to assign this function to and press OK. Now that will be saved.

Follow this procedure for everything else.

For Flaming Cliffs planes most things you want to put on controllers can be found under-weapons, countermeasures, sensors, systems, modes, axis assign, and flight control.

Make sure to go through entire list and undo things that are bound to both stick and throttle

Edited by cthulhu68

Perhaps I didn't explain myself, is there a way to import pre-set control assignments? Like, Download the file, import it into dcs and controls are already assigned to their function? I.e. The player just has to learn where the chaft and flares are instead of deciding where to put them...

Thanks again

Perhaps I didn't explain myself, is there a way to import pre-set control assignments? Like, Download the file, import it into dcs and controls are already assigned to their function? I.e. The player just has to learn where the chaft and flares are instead of deciding where to put them...

Thanks again

Go to page 2 on that link I showed at first. There is a download that has profiles for everything. Warthog profile by Polaris and Shnix

I did that, the download won't open and the instructions say to go to the thrust master hotas warthog profile.

Where is the TMW profile ?

The download, should it open or is it a file I just "plug" somewhere?

The download is a zipped file that you unzip first. Then open up and read instructions.

You're basically just going to replace 2 files for each aircraft. These files are located in

Windows(C.) / Users / (your named)folder / Saved Games / DCS / Config /Input / A10A or F15C / Joystick

There are separate LUA files for Stick and Throttle

Edited by cthulhu68

If you have issues with that try this

Remove stick and throttle files in folders found in

Windows(C.)/Users/(your named)folder/Saved games/DCS/Config/Input/A10a or F15c/Joystick

Extract/unzip attached folder.

Go to Windows(C.) / Users / (your named) folder / Saved games /DCS / Config

Place the Input folder directly into Config folder.

Edited by cthulhu68

I tried placing these files in the config, as you said and nothing. I tried placing them within the F15 folder and again nothing. I just keep getting the same control profiles but now I have F15, F15 game, F15 Sim, and they are all the same....

whats worst is that if I try to program a button on my throttle it doesn't ever register it.

I tried reinstalling it, but it cant since its already installed....

Lets try this,

does the throttle, rudder, stick each have their own profiles I can load or are they all in one?

where are they stored?

how do I delete the F15game, f15sim, profiles?

thanks./

If you bought the TM Warthog HOTAS it would be a real shame if you don't buy the A10C.

With the A10C the TM Warthog is Plug and Play. You only need to map the Trim Hat as it defaults to views. Go figure on that one.

Really mapping all those buttons for different planes is not such a chore. Shared profiles are nice but you still have to learn them.

For planes other than the Hawg, I try to duplicate all I can. It's a nightmare trying to remember a dozen different mappings from plane to plane.

That's one good reason to do them yourself and pick your own poison. :joystick:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Did you delete old files? How many LUA files are in joystick folder now? Should only be one for stick and one for throttle.

The instructions with downld say remove entire f-15 folder found in Input folder and replace with new one. (Not the ones I sent but ones that came with downld).

Really mapping all those buttons for different planes is not such a chore. Shared profiles are nice but you still have to learn them.

That's one good reason to do them yourself and pick your own poison. :joystick:

This is why I tried to urge manually setting up controls.

To answer your questions

1. Each has own LUA file

2. All controller files are stored in joystick folder of that module

3. The Input folder is where you will see all modules. You should only have 1 F-15C folder here. Delete any others there.

Edited by cthulhu68