Google cardboard with DCS world

sniperwolfpk5

OK, maybe I was not quite accurate. Of course I started DCS in a window mode and I chose stereo. All this is fine - I'm in the cockpit, but picture stay there and does not move as I move my head.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the monitor, I see the image is moving, but on the phone is frozen. Yes I have already tried to change capture mode, but I didn't tried to select no-sensor output. I will try that too. TY

With Compatible capture mode, no sensor output and a little delay using TIR, although my picture is still hazy, I can fly with Google cardboard now. Unfortunately I can't set a higher resolution. I need Full HD monitor, at least, apparently.

Google_kartonka4.thumb.jpg.edb0de3f4aeb165ce8904aca0bf612b9.jpg

@ kobac

If you have a nvidia card just try moonlight streaming app.

The moonlight wiki says it's for Steam games - so does it only work for Steam DCSW?

Tempted to give this a try, but my phone is low-end (Xperia E4) so I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle - and in 3 months my rift will.... erm, should be here. Woot! :sad_2:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

There is on more way to get better resolution but then you will not see 3D effects. What you need to do is turn off stereo in DCS use normal one screen. Now in TrinusVR in video tab enable Fake3d. In that way Trinus will convert image into stereo

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Just some piece of advice:

If you use moonlight together with trinus, make sure your connection is really going over the USB cable. By default, moonlight will go via wifi even if you tell trinus to use USB tethering.

(You can check that easily by deactivating wifi on your mobile.)

Here is brief description how to do that: http://oddsheepgames.com/?topic=moonlight-rendering-through-usb-tethering

Basically you have to connect via the right IP address. It is not the one shown in the trinus menu, i.e. 192.168.42.129. But you can find it with ipconfig.

For me it made a huge difference in terms of frame rate etc.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I think it is better to use moonlight app instead of using TrinusVR. Moonlight is build for the purpose and if you have nvidia card then stick with moonlight. It is optimized for high frame rate streaming

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

It should be more or less the same performance, because trinus use the same api when you select moonlight. But the moonlight app is free and most people here already have trackir, so there is no need for the features of trinus with dcs. There is also a bug in the moonlight app, which will revert your usb tethering ip to the wifi ip again, if your pc is not available via usb tethering. So checking the ip is correct should be the first action after suffering from bad performance. (ive already reported this behaviour and I hope the developer will fix this soon)

I see moonlight requires GFE to be installed, so I won't be taking that route anyway - I did have a good look at the other options mentioned, and downloaded the relevant apps and server progs.

Have a look at the weekend, I think - I'll post about how I get on with the Xperia. It does do a good job with 3D using the SBS videos and using 360° videos, even though Google says it isn't compatible with cardboard etc (I installed cardboard manually) - but displaying DCS World will be a whole different challenge for it, I think.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Even better, the Oculus and Vive both are 2160x1200

No mobile have lower res than oculus and vive. Coz it give u per eye 2160 x 1200

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Even better, the Oculus and Vive both are 2160x1200

But they are only Rendering DCS at 1080p and streaming to phone stream./

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs