C-101 update

Vibora

In the C-101 we follow a realistic approach to training methods of western world aviation, where the Flight Manual is descriptive, describing the aircraft systems and flight procedures. You get lessons on how to operate the aircraft in-flight, in a simulator or through CBT (Computer Based Training) methods. And this is what you get with the training lessons included in the module.

OK, I get it ... I will give a 2nd try at the training missions, as I really dont remember them well, as I flew them on 2017.

However, In my opinion, the manual isnt descriptive enough .. .for example, this is the instructions I get to operate the ADF radio:

aLJlq05.jpg

... thats all, nothing else about it on the manual.

I've read it and are left with a lot of doubts, like which visor do I use to input the NDB frequency I want, left or right? what does the transfer switch do? what's the difference between the ANT or ADF modes? .. it really was too terse for me and thus I had to learn to use it by trial/error within the simulator.

Same with the NAV radio and how it is operated with the different stations Tacan, Vor, ILS ... of course, I've learned a lot about them on this forum, but I would had preferred to learn about them by studying the manual.

I really like this aircrafts and the simulation your team has built, and I'm thankful for what you have achieved, but the manual is really not one of its strong points :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello, I love the C-101, I agree with the people for the sea eagle and the fuel problem but I have an other one is that the artificial horizon goes wrong after aerobatics, I hope this bug will be fix and continue to work for this beauty.

It's due to gyroscopic precession.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

That hurts Rudel :) I consider our manual a really professional and good one for the price people pay for this module. I could have made an absolutely complete manual with hundreds of pages but this is not CASA or Airbus military, this is just DCS and the C-101 licence doesn't cost hundreds of thousands like an Airbus one, it's just 30 or 60 euros. I can't explain everything because the manual would be too large and would take me too long to do it. I had to cut somewhere. In the ADF case it's not so hard to get to know how it works, really, you had so much trouble with it? It's just like any ADF pretty much intuitive.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That hurts Rudel :)

Sorry, that wasnt my intention at all :(

and the C-101 licence doesn't cost hundreds of thousands like an Airbus one, it's just 30 or 60 euros.

I get that, in fact I consider the DCS C-101 kind of a bargain, as I get two very different aircrafts for the price of one ... I knew that the CC would have added cockpits panels to handle the weaponry, but you surprised me with different Nav Radios, different ADI and HSI, different VHF & UHF radios .. it's so very different, to say I was pleased its an understatement.

I can't explain everything because the manual would be too large and would take me too long to do it. I had to cut somewhere.

I understand, but the CC version is different enough to the EB, that the 35 added pages to the manual didnt seem like enough to describe its features. But you are right that I can learn those on my own trough practice.

In any case I will always appreciate your feedback and do the required changes if necessary.

:D ok, I'm glad. Cheers and happy new year.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thank you.

You must be doing something wrong. Even with an excess of 30% from max weight (130%) I can keep 250 kts in level flight at 7000 ft, and max speed read in the anemometer (500 kts) can be easily reached in a dive from that altitude.

Im going to run more testing, sometimes I notices the flap binds go back on precvious position for some reason.

Have you run your with the max loadout? 2 AA missiles 2 rockets pod and 2 bombs and belly cannon?

Im wathcing some videos about L39 and trying to see If the speed is kind of similar, cuz on the papers L39 should be slightly slower.

In DCS it seems faster... I dont know.

Im going to run more testing, sometimes I notices the flap binds go back on precvious position for some reason.

Have you run your with the max loadout? 2 AA missiles 2 rockets pod and 2 bombs and belly cannon?

Im wathcing some videos about L39 and trying to see If the speed is kind of similar, cuz on the papers L39 should be slightly slower.

In DCS it seems faster... I dont know.

As I said I was using 130% of MTOW. As I imagined, you are probably flying with flaps or other device like speedbrake or gear deployed.

Don't know about the L-39, we are simulating the real thing so what you get in the sim should be accurate to real life.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tested online tonight on a MP server, was doing light CAS, was able to bring it to 250 in cruise speed, with full armament and unknown fuel weight, it took a while and had to trim it a lot with micro correction, but I was like 500 feet so not bad.

Problem is I got hit few times by enemy sams, I kept flying in flames and no wings for so long.... other faction wasnt happy.

You guys might need to check the damage model too if is not already done.

thank you

Hi Vibora.

I am using the C101 as the basic jet trainer for the vUPT at the vRDAF.

To this end, I am also publishing some SOPs and flight procedures for students to look at before flights.

I do need some information which I did not come across in the manual, such as entry speeds and G loads for various aerobatic maneuvers.

Would you happen to have them? Either here or you can PM me.

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

Quick suggestion/question. did the C101 ever carry LGBs with any of its operators ? If the DCS F-5 can carry and drop GBU-12s, the C101 should technically be able to as well, shouldn't it ? That would increase it's usefulness considerably.

Also, I seem to remember a photo pod being mentioned as a potential loadout way back before the update. Is that still on the cards ? Since Heatblur is developing the TARPS recce pod for the Tomcat, I assume DCS as a whole is trying to implement that type of mission.

The viggen has an elint pod that exports data on emitters to the kneeboard after landing. You can then hand off the lat lon to strikers which makes for a fun multiplayer mission. It would be nice if something like that could be worked out even if its just a file we have to dig out of dcs. I also agree LGBs would be nice but since they've never carried them I'm not going to demand them.

I also agree LGBs would be nice but since they've never carried them I'm not going to demand them.
LGBs are also typically dropped from mid to high altitudes to give them a chance to track the laser. Not the ideal place for a slowish trainer with no RWR or counter-measures.

I'd rather prefer Aviodev to focus on finishing the C101, take it out of early access, and sell it on Steam; rather than spend manhours adding fictional armament or sensors that it never carried on real life (the Sea Eagle is pretty enough on that department).

It is if your doing coin and the enemy has no or limited ada :)
true

I'd rather prefer Aviodev to focus on finishing the C101, take it out of early access, and sell it on Steam; rather than spend manhours adding fictional armament or sensors that it never carried on real life (the Sea Eagle is pretty enough on that department).
+1

There was the DD version, i don't know it it had LGB capability but at least it was theorically maverik capable. Radar , RWR and Cms for sure, but no one wanted this model... That was back in the 80's...

But no, if its not capable don't even think about that... Besides CC has a hard time to take off with normal loadouts already

There was the DD version, i don't know it it had LGB capability but at least it was theorically maverik capable. Radar , RWR and Cms for sure, but no one wanted this model... That was back in the 80's...

For the DD version, CASA built a single prototype, constructor's number 107. It was similar to the CC model (same engine and flight performance) but with better avionics: a true HUD, an Inertial platform, and a Mission Computer.

It was first flown on May 1985 and it failed to atract orders .. it was supossed to be compatible with the Maverick, but have never seen a single photo of the prototype with a Maverick mounted on it.

I have been flying the c101 a lot these days on DDCS servers, pvp servers, and it work decently at low altitude for light CAS or recon, but as soon you go above 1000 Feet your are dead, gbus would be nice just for training I guess.

Also there is no real application for the backseat Pilot unless you have to show him some manouver, would be nice to have a sort if role. But yeah finish and correct the module first then implement more stuff. :)

Hi Vibora.

I am using the C101 as the basic jet trainer for the vUPT at the vRDAF.

To this end, I am also publishing some SOPs and flight procedures for students to look at before flights.

I do need some information which I did not come across in the manual, such as entry speeds and G loads for various aerobatic maneuvers.

Would you happen to have them? Either here or you can PM me.

Please PM me. I could provide you something, but not these days since I'm not at home.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]