Su-27/ 33 SEAD Capabilities?

RAZBAM_ELMO

For the life of me I cannot remember where but I distinctly remember reading documents that said that Su-27s, and I assume 33's, have the ability to do SEAD. Both have Air-to-Ground modes and carry a variety of A2G weapon payloads. Any flanker buffs know about this or can elaborate on this? If this tale is true, to the ED testers and Team; will the Su-27/ 33 receive SEAD capabilities in the future? Id like to start flying the Flanks more but not be limited to just A2A and dropping dumb bombs. Thanks

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

For the life of me I cannot remember where but I distinctly remember reading documents that said that Su-27s, and I assume 33's, have the ability to do SEAD. Both have Air-to-Ground modes and carry a variety of A2G weapon payloads. Any flanker buffs know about this or can elaborate on this? If this tale is true, to the ED testers and Team; will the Su-27/ 33 receive SEAD capabilities in the future? Id like to start flying the Flanks more but not be limited to just A2A and dropping dumb bombs. Thanks
it's fantastic

Онлайн-MG:joystick:

"Страшнее Шилки зверя нет".

"ПИСДРУНС СС ПП".

"Носи ППК с молоду-любить будешь до старости".

"СА-Танки решают все!"

"- А мы, старшина, ни за первую и не за вторую… Мы – за третью. За эту… За как её?.. За Родину!"

__|77|________:::::: =}-

\~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~ NAVAL AVIATION FAN ~~~~~~~

The variants of the Su-27 that have such capabilities are not modeled (or at least not player-flyable) in DCS/FC.

The Su-33 never had such capabilities (especially SEAD), and has only added some capabilities in an upgrade very recently ... and it is now being retired in favor of the MiG-29 anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The Su-27 SEAD procedure is as follows:

1. Let someone else do it.

2. If step one fails try to figure out how capable and dense the AD coverage is.

3a. If there is any chance that the AD is highly capable or has overlapping coverage, stay well outside its engagement zone.

3b. If you're sure that it presents a low threat level you can operate at the edges of its engagement zone or . . .

4. Sneak in and take it out with your 30 mm.

Basically against any halfway decent air defense the Flanker should just stay away from it.

Edited by esb77

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

Su27SM can carry SEAD ordnance. Wags said a long time ago ED would get the Su27 to SM standards but hè corrected this later. I think ED couldnt get the permission to go ahead with it from Russian authorities. Correct me if im wrong though.

g8PjVMw.png

The variants of the Su-27 that have such capabilities are not modeled (or at least not player-flyable) in DCS/FC.

The Su-33 never had such capabilities (especially SEAD), and has only added some capabilities in an upgrade very recently ... and it is now being retired in favor of the MiG-29 anyway.

OK I wasn't entirely sure weither the AC we had available to fly could or could not. So what you're saying in that regard is the MiG is SEAD capable.

Su27SM can carry SEAD ordnance. Wags said a long time ago ED would get the Su27 to SM standards but hè corrected this later. I think ED couldnt get the permission to go ahead with it from Russian authorities. Correct me if im wrong though.

Shame, it would also have been nice to get the Su-25SM variant as well, interconnect on data link like hog drivers could, plot waypoints, designate targets for other players......

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

OK I wasn't entirely sure weither the AC we had available to fly could or could not. So what you're saying in that regard is the MiG is SEAD capable.

Depends on the MiG-29 version.

Shame, it would also have been nice to get the Su-25SM variant as well, interconnect on data link like hog drivers could, plot waypoints, designate targets for other players......
I really doubt you'd get much of that in a Su-25SM. It is modernized, but I believe it's not up to the level most people fantasize about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

LOL im working a 12 hour shift, tired as hell and you guys keep teasing me with these thoughts. Ok so no aircraft that we can fly that has SEAD capability other than the T-Frog. Got it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been doing some low level SEAD in the Mig-29S using 30mm gun and S-8 OFP rockets. Fly in at about 30m with ECM on and take out the radar at about 1km. Took out SA-11 and SA-6 no problem, they shoot a few missiles at you but I didn't get hit once and killed them about 5 times.

Probably easier to use the Su-25T with anti-radar missiles.

Edited by 21stCenturyPilot
typo

Ed

Just been doing some low level SEAD in the Mig-29S using 30mm gun and S-8 OFP rockets. Fly in at about 30m with ECM on and take out the radar at about 1km. Took out SA-11 and SA-6 no problem, they shoot a few missiles at you but I didn't get hit once and killed them about 5 times.

Probably easier to use the Su-25T with anti-radar missiles.

I do realize thats a thing but i was more referring to it's operational use IRL search and destroy capabilities with Passive Radar weapon systems.

• 1 month later...

When I was young, I bought a simulator Su-27 Flanker commander edition! It was the first Su-27 simulator and a great beginning of a whole of series. At the simulator you can perform SEAD missions. Then there was the flanker 2.0 and 2.5. There could fly the Su-33 and MiG-29 and SAM launchers to attack SEAD missions. It was great fun. The fighters can be equipped with Kh-31P. As soon as created LOCK ON, SEAD missions were only available for su-25 :-(

My own production :music_whistling:

Edited by dudek2022

When I was young, I bought a simulator Su-27 Flanker commander edition! It was the first Su-27 simulator and a great beginning of a whole of series. At the simulator you can perform SEAD missions. Then there was the flanker 2.0 and 2.5. There could fly the Su-33 and MiG-29 and SAM launchers to attack SEAD missions. It was great fun. The fighters can be equipped with Kh-31P. As soon as created LOCK ON, SEAD missions were only available for su-25 :-(

My own production :music_whistling:

Ahhh...the good old days. :) The Su-27 Flanker title was my introduction to this beautiful aircraft.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Probably it is Mig-29 SMT version, maybe even Mig-29K and new Mig-35 but i am not sure at all about last two versions.

Well, definitely since they're more capable than the SMT (even the old K was supposed to use anti-radar missiles).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 3 weeks later...

Su-33 and Su-27 modelled in game don't posses such capabilities.

Su-27P even had ballistic computer for ground mode disabled.

Su-27 in Russian service was granted such ability with Su-27SM upgrade package, which included upgrade of WCS, new CPU, additional modes for radar and installation of new L-150 "Pastel" RWR, which is capable of cueing anti-radar missiles.

Su-33 only now are supposed to be upgraded to a level of Su-27SM (likely SM3) and before that were pure interceptors.