Possible Future Weapon Loadouts?

RAZBAM_ELMO

Now i understand we have the SC 50s and 500s in the game. as well, the R4M will be coming soon to our Doras and the Kurfursts. My question to ED is are they looking at future weapons payload expansions for the Dora? I am wondering because i came across this photo for the snub nose variants, mostly the F and G models that expands into larger bombs, rockets and even torpedoes. Plus several drop tank sizes and shapes. Wouldn't be too hard to model would it?\

v_vyz.gif.63eebc8d442a6056df486a0b846895c1.gif

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Silver Dragon's unofficial roadmap also lists the WGr-21 Rocket as in development besides the R4M.

See here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1931682&postcount=3

WGr-21: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werfer-Granate_21

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes but nothing has been officially confirmed. For an A-10 you get practically everything the real plane has, same with other modules. The same should be done for the ww2 planes i think.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Alot of those were FW190 A or F version weapon systems and were not used on the Dora. It would be nice to get the SC250, panzerblitz, and if modeled the AB bombs.

I agree. A lot of theseweapons was used on F and G models. FW 190 F was ground attack version (supercharger was change to get better low altitude performance, also additional armor plating was added). FW 190 G was meant as long range ground attack, it was capable to take 2 aerodynamic drop tanks under the wings. Some models were used as topedo bombers. For F and G versions it is important to have some variaty of weapons but FW 190 Dora was meant as high altitude fighter plane. It is a little bigger than radial verions of FW 190 and Jumo 213A1 was better at altitudes over 6 km than radial BMW 801 engine.

It would be nice to have some other bombs but in real life Dora really was much more fighter than a ground attack plane. So we just have to wait for someone who will develope for example FW 190 F8 :D

I agree. A lot of theseweapons was used on F and G models. FW 190 F was ground attack version (supercharger was change to get better low altitude performance, also additional armor plating was added). FW 190 G was meant as long range ground attack, it was capable to take 2 aerodynamic drop tanks under the wings. Some models were used as topedo bombers. For F and G versions it is important to have some variaty of weapons but FW 190 Dora was meant as high altitude fighter plane. It is a little bigger than radial verions of FW 190 and Jumo 213A1 was better at altitudes over 6 km than radial BMW 801 engine.

It would be nice to have some other bombs but in real life Dora really was much more fighter than a ground attack plane. So we just have to wait for someone who will develope for example FW 190 F8 :D

I know alot of people were calling for the A8 version but I'd rather see the F8 or an older FW like the A-5 or earlier for better diversity.

Yes but nothing has been officially confirmed. For an A-10 you get practically everything the real plane has, same with other modules. The same should be done for the ww2 planes i think.

RAM-4M and WGr-21 Rocket 3D Models has present into Fw-190D-9 module (Missing the launchers) with actual Fw-190D-9 functional weapons. Surely We can be them implemented into DCS: World in a "near" future.

Pics from modelviewer:

10838188_891857857502770_1863060373140500417_o.jpg

10903945_891857867502769_4641694206830568081_o.jpg

RAM-4M and WGr-21 Rocket 3D Models has present into Fw-190D-9 module (Missing the launchers) with actual Fw-190D-9 functional weapons. Surely We can be them implemented into DCS: World in a "near" future.

Pics from modelviewer:

10838188_891857857502770_1863060373140500417_o.jpg

10903945_891857867502769_4641694206830568081_o.jpg

Is this actual ED photos?

• 4 weeks later...
I swear you have the whole Luftwaffe Air Ministry department documents at your disposal Friedrich

I wish! :no: What I do have is friends, particularly in the Northern hemisphere, with whom I can trade documents, plus there are websites such as Luftwaffe Cockpits, Avialogs, etc. All excellent resources.

Besides the rockets, what I'd really like to see for both Dora and Kurfüst would be AB-500 and / or AB-250 series cluster bombs.

Although I don't know if Dora ever employed them, it seems a quite distinct possibility that it could. Wonder if there are any documents regarding full ordnance possibilities for Dora, I've looked around the web a while ago without result.

Edit : what I did find was, AB series cluster bombs could be fitted with various sub munitions, most numerous being lots SD-2 "Butterfly" anti personel bomblet / mines or somewhat less amount of SD-4 anti armor bomblets.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Cool, its Hurricane not Tornado though isnt it for the R4M :D

the translation is misleading and unclear

orkan means devastating stong wind/gale in german and in hungarian as well (title/description of the highest Beaufort number - wind)

however in english it called hurricane what is usually a tropical cyclone with spinning/rotary motion, therefore the word tornado isnt a good translation too (in broader/larger geographical and meteorological sense) imho

sign-pic4.jpg

• ED Team

orkan means devastating stong wind/gale in german and in hungarian as well (title/description of the highest Beaufort number)

however in english it called hurricane what is usually a tropical cyclone with spinning/rotary motion, therefore the word tornado isnt a good translation too (in broader/larger geographical and meteorological sense)

Well either one, I would not want to be standing in the way :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Besides the rockets, what I'd really like to see for both Dora and Kurfüst would be AB-500 and / or AB-250 series cluster bombs.

Although I don't know if Dora ever employed them, it seems a quite distinct possibility that it could. Wonder if there are any documents regarding full ordnance possibilities for Dora, I've looked around the web a while ago without result.

Edit : what I did find was, AB series cluster bombs could be fitted with various sub munitions, most numerous being lots SD-2 "Butterfly" anti personel bomblet / mines or somewhat less amount of SD-4 anti armor bomblets.

Especially with Normandy on the horizon and more "softish" targets like light tanks and armoured personelle carriers i could see the use of cluster munitions being very effective in the battlefield.

ahuminahuminahumina

orkan means devastating stong wind/gale in german and in hungarian as well (title/description of the highest Beaufort number - wind)

Was the R4M so named because it would put the wind up anyone at the receiving end? (quick exit stage right...:pilotfly: )

• 1 month later...

Will be seeing these modifications updated in 1.2.17 or 1.2.18 Sith? The tube launchers and R4M's i know are coming but what else can be confirmed? A2A is getting a little stale in the Butcher Bird and I'd like to start using it in a more multi-role placement.

gurd durn nurt. Ah well all good things come to those who wait eh? Hows the Stuka coming along?

• 2 months later...