New pilot checking in

DOBBO45

Hello all , with some unexpected time on my hands (Gatwick airport closure) I decided to pick up a gaming laptop, a TM 1600 Hotas and DCS on steam with FC3,Av8b and the F14b plus Persian gulf add on. Having played FSX for many years on my old laptop I am really enjoying DCS World and after my initial play around I am hoping to put some time in and learn as much as I can so looking forward to being part of the forum.

Neil:thumbup:

Hi Neil and welcome

I enjoy the fighter sims more these days and learning all the different systems and tactics + all the things you may face.:( It's also quite fun getting together online and battling it out, ground and air in DCS with a few friends.

If you need any help with setup or aircraft, ask away, many here in the forum that are happy to help. For specific things for said aircraft, your better off posting in that aircraft section.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Hello all , with some unexpected time on my hands (Gatwick airport closure) I decided to pick up a gaming laptop, a TM 1600 Hotas and DCS on steam with FC3,Av8b and the F14b plus Persian gulf add on. Having played FSX for many years on my old laptop I am really enjoying DCS World and after my initial play around I am hoping to put some time in and learn as much as I can so looking forward to being part of the forum.

Neil

Hi Neil and welcome!

Hope you are finding your way around and it certainly sounds like you are enjoying DCS :-)

I have only been on DCS for a couple if months having cone to it from X-Plane11 and last week got furloughed by my company for six weeks so all of a sudden have a lot more time to spend flying :-)

Blue Skies

Rattler21

Welcome , your in for some good fun:thumbup:

If you need any help just post your question and you'll find people are only too happy to help:pilotfly:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Welcome DODD05 ! Enjoy.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Thanks for the welcomes, have decided to concentrate on the FA/18 as a start point and have been using chucks guide , 2 hour flight this afternoon from cold and ended with not a bad landing..much mach more to learn but doing the start up from cold gives a good insight into some of the systems and why i was seeing some error/failure/warnings on my initial flights.

Welcome Dobbo45

I am new to DCS too, although watched vids by a couple of Sqn's for probably at least 6 months now before getting all the gear etc to start flying.

Let me know if you want to do some 2 ship training, I think meeting & flying with other people is the best thing about DCS.....something you could only dream of in the flight sims i was using decades ago!

Cheers

Chillybean

i7-9700K, 32GB Corsair 3000Ghz RAM, Geforce 1660Ti, Samsung Evo970 M.2 SSD x 2 drives, Trackir5, SRS, Voiceattack

Just going through the in game Fa18 training and the instruction does not seem to tally with what is actually going on altitude/speed etc, i am using the steam edition of dcs and it all runs smooth aprt from this. Was a clean install on a new machine, any ideas chaps?

Welcome to this awesome place. I just added the F16 today to the hanger and man that jet is sweet! Have fun and take care.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Just going through the in game Fa18 training and the instruction does not seem to tally with what is actually going on altitude/speed etc, i am using the steam edition of dcs and it all runs smooth aprt from this. Was a clean install on a new machine, any ideas chaps?

I thought that to when I started and got a new machine. I’m new to sims/ gaming so didn’t know what to think or feel. But the more I flew the more I felt it. Did you balance out your video card setting with DCS settings. A lot of good info out there and in here. Once I tweaked around alittle in my nvidia center and DCS settings it made a difference in the feel of speed ect.

Take care all

Edited by Burt
Oops

Start Date April 2020