X-55 Rhino Extensions?

Hey guys, anyone have any info regarding X-55 extensions or related articles geared towards a modification of such. Looking to centrally floor mount mine. Thanks for any help.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

That is a good question. None that I've seen other than Saitek giving a hole mounting diagram for the whole base. Obviously not really suitable for what you want I would think.

From the connectors on the base of the stick handle it looks like the stick handle is sending serial data to the base. What you can possible do is hard wire the stick to the base with longer wires, one to one, to give you the extention. How far you can extend via the added wires would need to be experimented with. I know the logic works on 3.3vdc, and would have to assume the transmission is not buffered. So you might get a foot or two before the stick goes haywire.

(For myself I will be modifying the stick for my own central seat layout, but I will be fitting a new control processor for the stick hardware. Also figuring out how to make it interchangeable with other devices too like a yoke.)

If I find any direct extention details I willl post it here.

Edited by BrassEm

That's why I was looking around, too much to fiddle around with so I'll probably end up getting the TM WH instead and get an extension that is premade for ease of use. I'm currently building my pit around all aircraft so its a little mish mash. Might keep the X-55 as spare or give it to my younger siblings.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.