Mission Designer Resource

EvilBivol-1

Came across site with charts for sovereign land and maritime limits.
https://sovereignlimits.com/boundaries/cyprus-united-kingdom-maritime

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some more maritime borders (map interface).

https://www.marineregions.org/eezmapper.php

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have a template or diagram/document of SAM site configurations, something that shows the relevant units assembled in a small, medium and large air defense site. I want to build some templates for SAM sites but don't want them filled with senseless units that would not normally be integrated IRL. Ex: I wouldn't imagine wasting 5 MBTs protecting a SAM site that's 50km from the front line airspace.

What types of units are networked together, where/why do I use one unit vs another. Which units might require a network to another to be functional?

Excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure where to find this info.

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

7 minutes ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

Does anyone have a template or diagram/document of SAM site configurations, something that shows the relevant units assembled in a small, medium and large air defense site. I want to build some templates for SAM sites but don't want them filled with senseless units that would not normally be integrated IRL. Ex: I wouldn't imagine wasting 5 MBTs protecting a SAM site that's 50km from the front line airspace.

What types of units are networked together, where/why do I use one unit vs another. Which units might require a network to another to be functional?

Excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure where to find this info.

Go to ME, on left side you have "Templates" icon (two squares with a small line between them). Click it and choose US or Russia as country - you will see listed some templates with green color text - most off them are SAMs - choose one and click somewhere on map - it will be deployed there.

Also, you can make your own templates - for example, a Hawk one: add a HAWK unit on map, then add to same group all units marked as HAWK, then choose templates again, give it a name and save it. Now you can find it listed in the same template drop-down and you can use it in all your missions.

Hope it helps

I apologise if this is not the best place for this, I am having a brain fart and need a little help as I am not programming orientated. I am trying to find out how to do triggers for a specific job. I want to create a no fly zone type scenario where allied aircraft are either airborne or on ground alert and scramble to intercept incoming aircraft. I want to make a trigger that is for red coalition that makes the aircraft RTB when there is a missile lock on them. Is there anything around that can do that simply?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Ronin14:

I apologise if this is not the best place for this, I am having a brain fart and need a little help as I am not programming orientated. I am trying to find out how to do triggers for a specific job. I want to create a no fly zone type scenario where allied aircraft are either airborne or on ground alert and scramble to intercept incoming aircraft. I want to make a trigger that is for red coalition that makes the aircraft RTB when there is a missile lock on them. Is there anything around that can do that simply?

place a triggerzone / triggerzones for the no fly zone. 

place the scramble units on the ground/air, set to "late activation"

set up new trigger rule, if part of coaliton (red) is within zone (your NFZ triggerzone), add action activate group (your scramble units) 

easy scramble done! 

@dark_wood...appreciate the info there, did go and try that option but looking for more information. I want to understand what units are required to be 'paired' with other units in order for them to work effectively. What SAMs need 'eyes & ears', and which dishes interact with which SAMs. This may be more of a request for info than a request for a MIZ or template. 

And thanks again...

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

My pleasure @AvgWhiteGuy, so, from what I understand, you want to know which units are required in real life, in order for a SAM to work.

Internet is your friend here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anti-aircraft_weapons

A lot to read, but I'm sure you will find some answers.

Also, I'm pretty sure that DCS SAM templates are built after real one - with the available AI units, of course.

Cheers 🙂

On 4/9/2022 at 3:12 PM, Ronin14 said:

...I want to make a trigger that is for red coalition that makes the aircraft RTB when there is a missile lock on them. Is there anything around that can do that simply?

For what I know there is no such thing in scripting functions. It is possible to achieve that with a missile launch on them, also with a radar detection (but only by AI, not by Player), but not with a radar lock.

EDIT : should be possible to have a "workaround" by cumulating radar detection and distance to unit (but again would only work with blue AI, not Player), that would represent a similar status to radar lock/missile lock.

Edited by toutenglisse
in post

@dark_wood...you're right on target here. Lot's of information that is greatly appreciated. I'll read thru it and start to build some templates WITH documentation so others can use and augment to their particular needs.

Thanks very much, 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 3:59 PM, Krasniye said:

If any of you have any helpful resources about the Vietnam conflict, specifically helicopter and naval operations, let me know! It's easy to find information about Vietnam but it's hard to find the nitty gritty that we'd want in Mission making. 

May i recommend the thor database. I have created a program to analyse the data in different ways. Lists all the recorded ordnance releases over Vietnam